2»

Comments

• Carolyn33
    Carolyn33 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    sdukowitz said:

carolyn33 ...reply to you
    Carolyn33,
    Try to take one day at a time and keep busy with other activities ..... I am back sub teaching and volunteer a lot thru church , plus am taking lots of walks, swimming, and taking a yoga class. Maybe you could volunteer to help support other new cancer patients who need support just getting thru all you have ... believe us on this board, the fear is always there. We just need to move on and appreciate every day in a new perspective no one else will ever understand until a cancer diagnosis hits home We ARE the hope for a cure and hope for others....prayers to help your fear and anxiety .... Sue D

Thank you
    Hi Sue,
    thank you for your reply. I have been back at work for much of chemo and now Herceptin. In fact, I think I am working too much! I work in an ER so see the worst case scenarios regularly - including the worst case scenarios with breast cancer. It skews my perception and I get more scared. The common theme I read in everyone's advice is that fear is common, that cancer is beatable, and that I am not alone. One thing that I have tried to strengthen on this journey is my sense of humor. I started a blog about cancer and being a patient (I am normally the doctor). Feel free to drop by www.ERtopics.com
    Carolyn