Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member

TWO CANCER
    HI LIZZY
    I had two primary cancers:
    thyroid and kidney

Lizzy, how did they treat
    Lizzy, how did they treat the two precancers? Hope you are doing well.
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    two cancers
    I have Fallopian tube cancer and after surgery and six rounds of chemo the pet/ct scan discovered my renal cell cancer. So even though my first cancer is very deadly it probably saved me from dying of RCC. Surgery and scans are my only treatment for the RCC so I actually forget about it, because I am getting more chemo for my Fallopian tube cancer.
    All you can do is deal with whatever happens, I do take Ativan if I get overwhelmed sometimes because I want whatever time I do have with my family to be about living and not about dying. The death process begins the moment we are born and no one has escaped it yet.
    My older sister died this past May when she fell asleep and hit a tree driving home after working a 12 hour shift as an RN. I am so angry, the one advantage of being sick was I thought at least I won't have to suffer the loss of any of my sisters or brothers ! I am dealing with this but it is worse than being told I have cancer.i have four beautiful granddaughters who keep me grounded. They are so much fun and full of life they keep me happy.The treatments and prognosis are no fun but they are keeping me alive and that is all that. matters. Make sure you do what makes you happy whatever that is. You are young,60 is the new 40 . Stay strong, cry when needed,and don't let being sick keep you from doing what makes you happy. He'll being sick is more reason to spoil yourself! You are not alone.

Colleen
  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798

two cancers
    I have Fallopian tube cancer and after surgery and six rounds of chemo the pet/ct scan discovered my renal cell cancer. So even though my first cancer is very deadly it probably saved me from dying of RCC. Surgery and scans are my only treatment for the RCC so I actually forget about it, because I am getting more chemo for my Fallopian tube cancer.
    All you can do is deal with whatever happens, I do take Ativan if I get overwhelmed sometimes because I want whatever time I do have with my family to be about living and not about dying. The death process begins the moment we are born and no one has escaped it yet.
    My older sister died this past May when she fell asleep and hit a tree driving home after working a 12 hour shift as an RN. I am so angry, the one advantage of being sick was I thought at least I won't have to suffer the loss of any of my sisters or brothers ! I am dealing with this but it is worse than being told I have cancer.i have four beautiful granddaughters who keep me grounded. They are so much fun and full of life they keep me happy.The treatments and prognosis are no fun but they are keeping me alive and that is all that. matters. Make sure you do what makes you happy whatever that is. You are young,60 is the new 40 . Stay strong, cry when needed,and don't let being sick keep you from doing what makes you happy. He'll being sick is more reason to spoil yourself! You are not alone.

Colleen

two cancers
    Great post Colleen and a fine object lesson to everybody in how to cope with the very toughest of breaks. Rock on!