How did things go Aaron?

Hi Aaron,

Thinking of you! How did things go for you today? Do you they check your blood counts every treatment? Hopefully you were well enough and didn't have to skip.

My went well again. My oldest son is here visiting me from out of town, so he came with and we had a nice visit. I think it was helpful for him to see what it's all about. Now he can go home and not have to worry that I'm having a rough time of it. I did come home and have a short little nap this time though. I am finding that I'm a little bit more tired. Even after a good night's sleep I'm quite so on the ball in the morning. They will check my levels on the 18th before my next round of chemo.

AND, I still have hair! I don't know for how much longer though. Fortunately, I had a lot to start with. It's definitely thinned out, but with some creative blow drying I've managed to squeak by for this long. I had anticipated having it shaved a month ago.

Well my friend, we are one third of the way through this. Two more treatments and we are halfway home!

Take care. . .

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Ole Buddy...

Yes, Arron, do let us know how the latest round in the ring went.

max
    Hello

ThisisLife

I apologize for not knowing, but what strain of HL do you have? What treatment?

Any friend of Aaron's is mine as well...

max
  • Aaron
    Aaron Member Posts: 237

Hello

ThisisLife

max

I needed a big nap too
    Hey y'all, It sounds like it hit us about the same today Sharlene, I came home had a snack and passed out for 5 hours. I only had abvd today and that seems to go a bit easier on me than the days I get both abvd and rituxan. Max you are so cool, you are always right there with kindness and curiosity about others. Sharlene, thanks again for checking in. It's great to be a third of the way through this and I'm glad you were able to have your son with you today. I've found that if we are able to educate our family and friends about what we are going through it becomes a much less frightening prospect for all of us involved.
    Aaron said:

I needed a big nap too
    Hey y'all, It sounds like it hit us about the same today Sharlene, I came home had a snack and passed out for 5 hours. I only had abvd today and that seems to go a bit easier on me than the days I get both abvd and rituxan. Max you are so cool, you are always right there with kindness and curiosity about others. Sharlene, thanks again for checking in. It's great to be a third of the way through this and I'm glad you were able to have your son with you today. I've found that if we are able to educate our family and friends about what we are going through it becomes a much less frightening prospect for all of us involved.

Quattro

I am glad # 4 is in the books. It was around #4 that I started developing lung issues. Over 90 % of abvd users do NOT have lung problems, but if a constant cough developes, call the doc right away.

I am sure you will avoid that problem. Remember, the fatigue gets worse with time; sort of cumulative. Greater tiredness is NORMAL.

As I recall, the Rituxan bag was a large, very slow one, so that would tie in with the non-Ritux days being easier.

Sweet dreams, and write often with any issues,

max
  • ThisisLife
    ThisisLife Member Posts: 101 Member

Hello

ThisisLife

max

Nodular Sclerosis
    Hi Max,
    I have Nodular Sclerosis Hodgkins Lymphoma, diagnosed as stage IIIA, Bulky (mediastinal mass of 14cm x 6 cm) at the end of July. Started tx a week after Aaron. (Since he had the delay we actually have chemo on the same day now). He is in the Washington state and I'm not far away on Vancouver Island, Canada.
  • ThisisLife
    Aaron said:

I needed a big nap too

Good stuff
    Glad to hear that you came through the day okay Aaron.

I've had some interesting things happen lately. I recognized one of the nurses who works at the cancer clinic. Her daughter and one of my sons were in preschool together over ten years ago. Today a woman came in that I haven't seen for a couple of years and I recognized her from an art group that I used to belong to. She has had breast cancer for over 14 years and it's back.

I am the president of an art group here and I just found out that the husband of one of the executive had leukemia and underwent extensive treatment. She became a peer counsellor for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society here in BC and gave me all kinds of helpful information!!! Here hubby has been in remission for about six years now!

And the best part, . . . . I have had a few people from my past (20 years ago)who have gotten in touch with me in the last week asking if I want to get together! We did have dinner with a couple on Friday night and it was absolutely wonderful. Like no time had passed. I plan on keeping touch. I also need to get back to the other people who called me. So, some good things along with the not so good!
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Nodular Sclerosis
    Hi Max,
    I have Nodular Sclerosis Hodgkins Lymphoma, diagnosed as stage IIIA, Bulky (mediastinal mass of 14cm x 6 cm) at the end of July. Started tx a week after Aaron. (Since he had the delay we actually have chemo on the same day now). He is in the Washington state and I'm not far away on Vancouver Island, Canada.

Sharlene and Aaron...
    Hi guys,
    Glad to hear both of you are doing pretty good with your treatments. It's nice to have someone getting the exact treatment to compare notes with. John and I started treatments one month apart(summer of 2010) with the same chemo cocktail. Hang in there...my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Best wishes...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107

Nodular Sclerosis
    Hi Max,

Sharlene and Aaron
    Sharlene and Aaron,

Great to hear you are doing well! It will be over
    before you know it.

Hugs,

Jim

Nodular Sclerosis
    Hi Max,

Meds

What meds are you taking ? I did r-abvd like Aaron.

max
  • Aaron

Quattro

I am glad # 4 is in the books. It was around #4 that I started developing lung issues. Over 90 % of abvd users do NOT have lung problems, but if a constant cough developes, call the doc right away.

I am sure you will avoid that problem. Remember, the fatigue gets worse with time; sort of cumulative. Greater tiredness is NORMAL.

As I recall, the Rituxan bag was a large, very slow one, so that would tie in with the non-Ritux days being easier.

Sweet dreams, and write often with any issues,

max

Rituxan
    My wife tells me I look more pale and just overall worse after the rituxan. I've also noticed it takes a few extra days for my good week to start as well. I've got my wife fired up for the Hayes Kansas meetup next spring, I hope we can afford the trip if we do it will be around the end of may. It sure would be great to meet you in person and spend the day hanging out. Talk to ya soon my friend
  • Aaron

Good stuff
    Glad to hear that you came through the day okay Aaron.

I've had some interesting things happen lately. I recognized one of the nurses who works at the cancer clinic. Her daughter and one of my sons were in preschool together over ten years ago. Today a woman came in that I haven't seen for a couple of years and I recognized her from an art group that I used to belong to. She has had breast cancer for over 14 years and it's back.

I am the president of an art group here and I just found out that the husband of one of the executive had leukemia and underwent extensive treatment. She became a peer counsellor for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society here in BC and gave me all kinds of helpful information!!! Here hubby has been in remission for about six years now!

And the best part, . . . . I have had a few people from my past (20 years ago)who have gotten in touch with me in the last week asking if I want to get together! We did have dinner with a couple on Friday night and it was absolutely wonderful. Like no time had passed. I plan on keeping touch. I also need to get back to the other people who called me. So, some good things along with the not so good!

Cool
    Thats great to get to reconnect with old friends, and after I was diagnosed I started meeting lymphoma survivors left and right. Now as we're in treatment and on this and other boards we meet survivors of all stripes. So I take it you are a professional artist( very cool) would I know any of your work? I'm a musician but I only play rock so I inherently suck ;). I am really looking foreward to meeting you when we get on the other side of this thing. I hope you've got the enhanced drivers liscence, I miss the days when I could just go to Vancouver on a lark. Talk to you soon. Be well my friend
  • ThisisLife

Meds

What meds are you taking ? I did r-abvd like Aaron.

max

Meds
    Hey Max,

I just do a straight abvd protocol. No rituxan.
  • ThisisLife
    Aaron said:

Cool
    Thats great to get to reconnect with old friends, and after I was diagnosed I started meeting lymphoma survivors left and right. Now as we're in treatment and on this and other boards we meet survivors of all stripes. So I take it you are a professional artist( very cool) would I know any of your work? I'm a musician but I only play rock so I inherently suck ;). I am really looking foreward to meeting you when we get on the other side of this thing. I hope you've got the enhanced drivers liscence, I miss the days when I could just go to Vancouver on a lark. Talk to you soon. Be well my friend

Artist
    Yes, I am an artist and no, you probably wouldn't know my work. Lately I've been working on a driftwood series. I'm almost finished my third large one (30" x 40"). I need to submit it to a juried show on Sunday and hopefully it will get accepted.

No enhanced license here. I will probably take the Coho down when I come.

Shar

Meds
    Hey Max,

I just do a straight abvd protocol. No rituxan.

Meds
    ThisisLife,

I did 12 cycles of r-abvd, and had quite a few side-effects. It was pretty rough for me. If you have ny medication questions, I am probably your man. Always ready to talk about it with current patients.

max