just an update...

Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
Yesterday was the first dose of navelbene, everything went smoothly with the infusion. I waited longer for them to mix the meds than it took for the actual drip. I started noticing the metallic taste before we left, so it's plastic utensils for me. That, a few minutes of mild nausea, and a little diarrhea are the only SE's I've noticed so far.

I'm having a rads side effect that is bothering me much more. The eustachion tubes in my ears are inflammed. The docs say this is fairly common after whole brain rads. The inflammation causes my ears to plug, like when you change elevation and need to yawn to clear them. Only nothing seems to work. The rads onc suggested motrin or sudafed. I do get some temporary relief from the motrin, and very temporary relief from accupressure points for ears. I don't want to try the sudafed because it can raise your BP and I already have high BP. It's been 4 days now, so I've asked for a referral to an ENT because I also have tinnutus (for a long time now) and I can't hear well at all right now.

What? Did you say something?

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Lots of hugs!
    Linda have you tried to replace metal utensils with sturdy plastic ones to reduce the metal taste, I know this was helpful for me during my chemo days. I hope the hearing issue does not last for too long!

♥ RE ♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    RE said:

Lots of hugs!
    Linda have you tried to replace metal utensils with sturdy plastic ones to reduce the metal taste, I know this was helpful for me during my chemo days. I hope the hearing issue does not last for too long!

♥ RE ♥

I hope it is temporary SE
    Hugs and hopes the new one has been working
    Olga
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Thanks for the update. I
    Thanks for the update. I have a friend with tinnitus. If you find something that works, please let us know. He has been suffering for more than a year with it. Best wishes that this new chemo does the trick. xoxoxo Lynn
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Thanks for the update. I
    Thanks for the update. I have a friend with tinnitus. If you find something that works, please let us know. He has been suffering for more than a year with it. Best wishes that this new chemo does the trick. xoxoxo Lynn

Ears....
    We've talked about our ear problems...my MO also said to see an ENT doc..I'm not ready to add another doctor just yet...he also said to use Sudafed...I, too, tend to have high BP (I take 2 meds for it) but I started it yesterday...do you have the cough with clear junk? And I must blow my nose 50 times a day! I may take Motrin tomorrow.... he sent me to have a " sinus" X-ray after chemo..haven't got the results yet...I will let you know and if you go to the ENT let me know what they say..please....

Hugs, Nancy
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Thanks for the update Linda,
    Thanks for the update Linda, I always like to hear how you are doing. Hope you are feeling better every day. You are in my prayers and thoughts every day. Gentle Hugs coming your way.
    Take care Darlin

Kay,
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    MAJW said:

Ears....
    We've talked about our ear problems...my MO also said to see an ENT doc..I'm not ready to add another doctor just yet...he also said to use Sudafed...I, too, tend to have high BP (I take 2 meds for it) but I started it yesterday...do you have the cough with clear junk? And I must blow my nose 50 times a day! I may take Motrin tomorrow.... he sent me to have a " sinus" X-ray after chemo..haven't got the results yet...I will let you know and if you go to the ENT let me know what they say..please....

Hugs, Nancy

Nope, I don't have the cough
    Nope, I don't have the cough or the sinus stuff. Just the plugged ears and constant tinnitus. I missed a call from my onc on this earlier this morning, so I'm waiting for him to call back. And yes, I will certainly let you know what happens with it all...that's if I hear the phone ring...LOL

Hugs,

Linda
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    RE said:

Lots of hugs!

♥ RE ♥

Oh yes, I went to plastic
    Oh yes, I went to plastic utensils right away and it does help.
    Thanks for the tip!

Hugs,

Linda
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Thank you everyone for the
    Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and positive energy! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Linda
  • bluwillo
    bluwillo Member Posts: 113

Thank you everyone for the
    Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and positive energy! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Linda

DEAR LINDA
    I'M YELLING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME! LOL!

I have nothing to add of any value, just wanted to tell you that you can confess, the tinnitus is just from listening to REALLY LOUD rock 'n roll when you were a teenager, right? That's the excuse I use. :) I also tell people (especially my non-rockin' boss) that they'll just keep making better hearing aids and even better headphones.

Oh, wait, I did think of something useful. Forward your house phone number to your cell phone. Set your cell phone to vibrate, then keep it in your pocket. That way, you'll "feel" the phone ringing. Good luck to ya!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    bluwillo said:

DEAR LINDA
    I'M YELLING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME! LOL!

I have nothing to add of any value, just wanted to tell you that you can confess, the tinnitus is just from listening to REALLY LOUD rock 'n roll when you were a teenager, right? That's the excuse I use. :) I also tell people (especially my non-rockin' boss) that they'll just keep making better hearing aids and even better headphones.

Oh, wait, I did think of something useful. Forward your house phone number to your cell phone. Set your cell phone to vibrate, then keep it in your pocket. That way, you'll "feel" the phone ringing. Good luck to ya!

In my thoughts and prayers
    Ditto for me. Nothing to add other than to say you are being thought of today and well wishes are being sent your way, Warrior Woman Linda.

Hugs,
    Ines