My Sign-Warning, Long Post

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
Last week, the day or two before my mastectomy I have to be honest and say, I was a wreck. Not only did I find out the cancer had once again spread--this time recurrence in my same breast, but I was faced with a mastectomy. Here's what happened:

We get a little local newspaper here called the Ahwatukee Foothills News about 2-3 times per week. I usually read some of it to see if anything is happening that we need to know about. There is one page that I NEVER read--the page titled "Religion." It usually has ads for local churches and one religious article written by a local clergyman. I have nothing against it--I'm very spiritual, believe in God, just not into organized religion. For some reason, the article title caught my eye this day--"Finding Purpose in Pain"--so I read it. It talked about life's struggles, trying to get through them and what is their purpose. One sentence really resonated with me "God has allowed things to play out in our lives in order to bring us back to the only thing that stands when everything else falls down--Him" and "we go deepest with God through the drought." There were other wonderful thoughts as well. Well, I was so moved by these words that I felt compelled to email the author (a youth minister at a local church) and tell him how much his words moved me and that he should know that he helped one person today--me. I told him what I was going through and really needed God's help right now.

After I wrote the email, my sweet grandson was dropped off for a couple of hours so that my DIL, Susie, could do some errands. I sang to him, we danced, he took a nap, and then woke up. As I had him in my arms, I decided to randomly check my emails. The first one was from the youth minister telling me how much my email meant to him and that my reading that article for the first time ever was no accident. He quoted a little more scripture and asked me to keep in touch because he really cared.

I sat at my computer, with my 4-week-old grandson in my arms and said out loud, "He's right--God made me read that to tell me he is with me now." I looked down at the baby, and he had the biggest smile I've ever seen on a 4-week-old baby. When I told my son and DIL, they said the baby had not started to smile yet.

I felt like God was all around me and I knew I would be okay.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    beautiful
    Oh Renee, your story is so powerful that I have tears right now. God is definitely at work in your life. The saying "it is no coincidence, it is a Godincidence" certainly rings true for you right now. Many prayers, blessings, and hugs are being sent to you, dear Renee.
    Hugs,
    Linda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    linpsu said:

beautiful
    Oh Renee, your story is so powerful that I have tears right now. God is definitely at work in your life. The saying "it is no coincidence, it is a Godincidence" certainly rings true for you right now. Many prayers, blessings, and hugs are being sent to you, dear Renee.
    Hugs,
    Linda

that is wonderful. too have
    that is wonderful. I too have many spiritual experiences, and they are so comforting. I am glad this happened to you. You were open to it and you were blessed. I am not suprised though!
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    This is so God
    It seems like He hides himself until we take a look behind us and notice that in His wake flowers are blooming. You look around and see sweet miracles and He has moved on. Beautiful.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Gives me goosebumps...

Gives me goosebumps...
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    That was very moving Made me
    That was very moving Made me cry so Happy for you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

That was very moving Made me
    That was very moving Made me cry so Happy for you.

ohhhhhh ... dear Renee ...
    B E L I E V E .... is all I can say ...

Vicki Sam
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    VickiSam said:

ohhhhhh ... dear Renee ...
    B E L I E V E .... is all I can say ...

Vicki Sam

Hi Renee. You were at the
    Hi Renee. You were at the right time at the right place and our Healer revealed Himself to you in a very lovely way. I pray for everyone here whose going thru this awful battle and I believe with all my heart that He hears and answers. Hoping to hear soon that you are better. Take care. Love
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    AND
    my friend, you have just helped this one. I have tears in my eyes because I know He is here too.

Thank You for sharing this story. It is empowering and enlightening.

Love to you. Keep on shining g/f.

xoxo
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    sometimes
    it seems like he is hiding on us. But when God sends his message he will often make it loud and clear.