Gleason 6 and let us kill it now

Options
2»

Comments

• mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    Options

overtreatment undertreatment
    I had doctor visit today and had long discussion about treatment of PC. My doctor explained to me that the current thought is to do AS as much as possible. Now this becomes a non issue when there is a family history of PC. At this point the normal treatment and monitoring are for the most part employed. Another comment that was made was that most Men are still requesting the PSA screen and tests. The other point made is that the Doctors are trying to move away from overtreating. In an older male this cancer tends to remain in the prostate and for the most part this person will die from other health issues. Right now there is a study out that indicates that people as they age have 2 or more health issues that can effect life span. My doctor directed me to a web site called PUBMED, google should find it. She uses it it has a lot of good information just passing along

PubMed (no, not that type of pub)
    For those unfamiliar with PubMed, it’s a great research tool/resource for info about PCa (and other diseases, medical issues, etc) that many of us have been using for a while. The site is self described as: “PubMed comprises more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites."

To get started, here’s the link to the homepage: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
    If you need some help, ck out the “Quick Start Guide” and/or the "Tutorial."