Get news over the PHONE

Options
2»

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    on the phone too
    However, I think we can thank our insurance companies for this as "capitation" policies will pay only just so much money to the doctor, whether he sees you three times or twelve times per illness. So naturally the doctor's offices handle this by eliminating all the office visits they can, and often will even have the nurses deliver the news.

One time a nurse had given me the wrong results of my Her 2 test. For several weeks I thought I had Her 2 bc rather than triple negative. After that mix up the doctor called me personally to get it striaghtened out. I told him I did not want to get any of his staff in trouble but I just wanted to know which kind of bc I had. Having been a part of the mental health system I know mistakes can be easily made as we are all human. I guess I wanted to direct all my energy at the cancer type rather than at the person who I thought made an innocent mistake. I then also asked for the pathology reports and when explaining to the clerk about the mistake I said, "I just want to know which form of breast cancer's a$$ I need to kick." She kind of chuckled once she knew no one was going to get in trouble for it.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    At the time of my biopsy, I
    At the time of my biopsy, I was scheduled with a follow up visit 3 or 4 days later, so i would have had to go in to see my Dr no matter what the outcome.
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options

At the time of my biopsy, I
    At the time of my biopsy, I was scheduled with a follow up visit 3 or 4 days later, so i would have had to go in to see my Dr no matter what the outcome.

first in person, 2nd and 3rd phone
    I had surgery/biopsy right after mammogram to remove 2.5cm..the surgeon told me and husband in recovery room....positive for cancer but wait for 5 day biopsy results to determine type,stage,grade etc..
    Then he told me on phone 5 days later what kind,type etc....and needed a reincision to check lymphnodes and clear margins.
    Then called again 5days later - margins not clear and yes lymphnode and need another reincision or mastectomy..

I actually preferred the phone so I didn't have to see seriousness on his face!

I got my bloodwork and tumor marker results over the phone today too!! Alls good..tumor marker is 12 (I'm assuming thats good!) Have bone scan tomorrow.
    boy, my replies are sure getting longer!
    thinking of you all
    Joy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Yes over the phone but i had
    Yes over the phone but i had asked my Dr.to call me with results as i didn't want to wait.
    Hugs Frankie

I got the call with the bad
    I got the call with the bad news too.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Same here sister
    I got a phone call too. UGH. I remember it clearly. I was supposed to call them after 2PM for results. But I got a call at noon. :(
  • SusanEliz
    SusanEliz Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Phone call here-
    I got a phone call from the surgeon the day after my excision. I didn't mind at all that it was over the phone because I could never have stood it if they called and just said "Come in, the doctor wants to see you", etc. I wanted to know asap and was greatful that that's how I got it!