GONNA RING THAT BELL TODAY!!!

Options
Last rad today!!!

Two weeks off chemo to get blood count up then I do my two makeup doses and maybe an extra for good measure. Throat is slightly sore but 1/2 lortab fixes it. Have a little of the infamous mucus but nothing more than one would get with a sinus infection or something. Praying the trend of mild side effects continues!
«1

Comments

  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!
    Wonderful news
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!
    This is a big day, I remember so well....you enjoy the freedom of not having to go to rads anymore!!

    p
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    ExcEEEEEllent
    WTG, onward and upward....

    John
  • Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Options
    Congratulations!
    It's a major milestone for sure. Now you can focus on recovery and healing!
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    Options
    Laralyn said:

    Congratulations!
    It's a major milestone for sure. Now you can focus on recovery and healing!

    Awsommmmmme!!!
    Well done Tuffnuff,
    a couple more weeks "cooking" and your on your way to recovery.

    God bless
    Tonsil dad,

    Dan.
  • boardwalkgirl
    boardwalkgirl Member Posts: 269
    Options
    Congrats
    I am so happy for you and I know how you feel, today was my last day too. They don't have a bell but I rang one mentally. You will be done with the chemo too before you know it! Hopefully the side effects stay away!
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options

    Congrats
    I am so happy for you and I know how you feel, today was my last day too. They don't have a bell but I rang one mentally. You will be done with the chemo too before you know it! Hopefully the side effects stay away!

    Happy day to you, too BWG....
    Isn't it fun to know you don't have to get dressed and drag youself to rads anymore? What a relief!

    p
  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    Congrats
    Tminus 5 for me, it seems so close yet so far. So everytime I see someone has finished I think it will come. I hope your side affects stay minimal. Get thru the Chemoand pull up a chair pat your self on the back and continue your healing.
  • blackswampboy
    blackswampboy Member Posts: 341
    Options
    ring it
    a bell, what a great idea.
    ring it hard enough to bother the neighbors.
    best wishes with blood count and beating off the side-effects.
  • tuffenuff
    tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
    Options
    THE BELL HATH BEEN RUNG... RANG... WHATEVER!!!
    Today was a wonderful day! I finished my last radiation session and then was surprised repeatedly by the staff and my friends and family. First, after my treatment, my rad tech gave me a beautiful necklace she made that is a heart and on the back she engraved "LOVE HEALS ALL". Then I went out and rang the bell!!! When I was finished I thought it was odd that so many of the staff were following me to the lobby and when I came out... there they were! A whole group of my friends and family ringing cowbells, christmas bells, noise makers and cheering!!! They all had signs taped to their shirts that said Team Cindy and they even brought me balloons! It was a beautiful day and we all shed many tears of joy and thankfulness. I don't consider myself unlucky to have cancer. I consider myself VERY lucky to have people like this in my life. - Wishing everyone here swift healing and a long life full of moments like this. ♥
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    tuffenuff said:

    THE BELL HATH BEEN RUNG... RANG... WHATEVER!!!
    Today was a wonderful day! I finished my last radiation session and then was surprised repeatedly by the staff and my friends and family. First, after my treatment, my rad tech gave me a beautiful necklace she made that is a heart and on the back she engraved "LOVE HEALS ALL". Then I went out and rang the bell!!! When I was finished I thought it was odd that so many of the staff were following me to the lobby and when I came out... there they were! A whole group of my friends and family ringing cowbells, christmas bells, noise makers and cheering!!! They all had signs taped to their shirts that said Team Cindy and they even brought me balloons! It was a beautiful day and we all shed many tears of joy and thankfulness. I don't consider myself unlucky to have cancer. I consider myself VERY lucky to have people like this in my life. - Wishing everyone here swift healing and a long life full of moments like this. ♥

    So happy for you. I pray the
    So happy for you. I pray the side effects stay mild.

    Debbie
  • Sam999
    Sam999 Member Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    jim and i said:

    So happy for you. I pray the
    So happy for you. I pray the side effects stay mild.

    Debbie

    Congratulations! It does
    Congratulations! It does feel so good not to think about going under that awful mask anymore!

    Welcome to post-rads club :)

    Sam
  • bjw1955
    bjw1955 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Great

    Praying for your healing process. bjw1955
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,723 Member
    Options
    radiation is over
    Hi Cindy,

    Way to go, heal on.

    I just went outside and rang my bell 3 times for you and 3 times for boardwalkgirl, you both deserve the best, congratulations.

    Matt
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    ringer
    love to here that ringer, congrats going out with prayers for a good positive recovery.

    john
  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    tuffenuff said:

    THE BELL HATH BEEN RUNG... RANG... WHATEVER!!!
    Today was a wonderful day! I finished my last radiation session and then was surprised repeatedly by the staff and my friends and family. First, after my treatment, my rad tech gave me a beautiful necklace she made that is a heart and on the back she engraved "LOVE HEALS ALL". Then I went out and rang the bell!!! When I was finished I thought it was odd that so many of the staff were following me to the lobby and when I came out... there they were! A whole group of my friends and family ringing cowbells, christmas bells, noise makers and cheering!!! They all had signs taped to their shirts that said Team Cindy and they even brought me balloons! It was a beautiful day and we all shed many tears of joy and thankfulness. I don't consider myself unlucky to have cancer. I consider myself VERY lucky to have people like this in my life. - Wishing everyone here swift healing and a long life full of moments like this. ♥

    What a positive and uplifting post !
    Cindy,
    Oh girl I am so impressed by your attitude ! And yes having such a terrific support system does make lifes bumps seem a little less crummy. Congrads on ringing the bell ! Get through the chemo and heal well and continued success with very few side effects. Warmest regards, Katie
  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options

    Congrats
    I am so happy for you and I know how you feel, today was my last day too. They don't have a bell but I rang one mentally. You will be done with the chemo too before you know it! Hopefully the side effects stay away!

    I have one here and am ringing for you !
    BWG,
    Congrads to you too ! Seriously am ringing the bell for you ! Warmest regards, Katie
  • Billie67
    Billie67 Member Posts: 898
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

    ringer
    love to here that ringer, congrats going out with prayers for a good positive recovery.

    john

    Congratulations! Ring that
    Congratulations! Ring that bell with all of your might!
  • boardwalkgirl
    boardwalkgirl Member Posts: 269
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

    radiation is over
    Hi Cindy,

    Way to go, heal on.

    I just went outside and rang my bell 3 times for you and 3 times for boardwalkgirl, you both deserve the best, congratulations.

    Matt

    Thanks CivilMatt! I love
    Thanks CivilMatt! I love your comments about your cat when you ring the bell. We have two cats and I can imagine they would go nuts if we rang bells around here. It always makes me smile when I read that.
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Billie67 said:

    Congratulations! Ring that
    Congratulations! Ring that bell with all of your might!

    Congrats!
    If we all lived nearby I'm sure most of us would have also been there with bells. Happy for you!