Lung specialist in the a.m.

Options
katenorwood
katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
Hello everyone !
I go in the morning to the doctor who first discovered my acc. I'm not as anxious as the last time I saw him. I am prepared this time with the proper questions on my lungs. I have right around 10 nodes in each upper lung. With the type of cancer I have it is very common to spread to the lungs. So knowing this, knowing I have 37% lung function left I want to know my options. Thanks to quite a few of you on our site here, I am accepting the new me, and with this acceptance I am preparing to explore life on a new level. This Friday I'm taking my very first flight in a helicopter. I have never been afraid of heights, and have never flown period. I am very excited, and want to have pictures taken during my adventure ! I hope all is well with each one of you, and will be thinking of all of you on Friday ! Katie

Comments

  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Cool Deal...
    Glad you are at peace and feelinh a little adventurous.

    Have fun in the chopper..., I have flown in many miltary choppers...always fun.

    JG
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,723 Member
    Options
    prayers
    Hi Katie,

    Your attitude is admirable; I could learn something from you. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow.

    Get some good pictures on your ride, it sounds like fun.

    Best,

    Matt
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

    prayers
    Hi Katie,

    Your attitude is admirable; I could learn something from you. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow.

    Get some good pictures on your ride, it sounds like fun.

    Best,

    Matt

    Good luck tomorrow, Kate....
    You certainly are a gutsy little thing...on both counts....I can't say I'd be full of acceptance talking to the lunge DR......nor would flying in a helcopter do much for my confidence.....I'm terrified to hieghts...tho it does sound untriquing.

    p
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    Options

    Good luck tomorrow, Kate....
    You certainly are a gutsy little thing...on both counts....I can't say I'd be full of acceptance talking to the lunge DR......nor would flying in a helcopter do much for my confidence.....I'm terrified to hieghts...tho it does sound untriquing.

    p

    thoughts and prayers.
    Wishing you the very best for tomorrow Katie,
    God will be at your side for the best outcome.
    Have fun in the helicopter.

    God bless
    Tonsil dad,

    Dan.
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Prayers for good luck
    I hope your appointment goes good. Prayers are headed your way. Enjoy your ride. I would love to do that.


    Kathy
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

    Prayers for good luck
    I hope your appointment goes good. Prayers are headed your way. Enjoy your ride. I would love to do that.


    Kathy

    Good for you
    Good for you, getting out and doing something fun! You are going to love the helicopter ride.
    Wishing you good results with the lungs. Went to Vegas about 7 years ago and my husband ended up in intensive care out there 8 days with lung issues. When we got to ER his oxygen level was in the 50s. When we returned home and saw a pulmonary specialist he told him how he could increase that lung capacity and he certainly has done just that with things like Advair and Spiriva and of course, not smoking. Was only on night time oxygen a week or so after we returned home. They can do great things today. As always, wishing you the very best.
  • tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    hwt said:

    Good for you
    Good for you, getting out and doing something fun! You are going to love the helicopter ride.
    Wishing you good results with the lungs. Went to Vegas about 7 years ago and my husband ended up in intensive care out there 8 days with lung issues. When we got to ER his oxygen level was in the 50s. When we returned home and saw a pulmonary specialist he told him how he could increase that lung capacity and he certainly has done just that with things like Advair and Spiriva and of course, not smoking. Was only on night time oxygen a week or so after we returned home. They can do great things today. As always, wishing you the very best.

    That's Great
    Good to hear you are getting out and exploring life to the fullest. Your attitude on the upcoming test is great and I hope all turns out okay.

    Tom
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    You Go Girl!
    Kate:

    Great way to be and have a blast in helicopter.

    Jan (Basketcase)
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

    Cool Deal...
    Glad you are at peace and feelinh a little adventurous.

    Have fun in the chopper..., I have flown in many miltary choppers...always fun.

    JG

    miitary chppers

    John,

    My rides weren't that fun :>)
  • VanessaSLO
    VanessaSLO Member Posts: 283
    Options

    You Go Girl!
    Kate:

    Great way to be and have a blast in helicopter.

    Jan (Basketcase)

    My prayers are with you
    My prayers are with you as you are exploring a new way of your life! I hope everything will turn out to be just great!! I believe it!

    Blessings,

    Vanessa