Tomorrow Folfox #2 and I am already depressed

Momof2plusteentwins
Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
Tomorrow will be my 2nd infusion. I am depressed today and can't get it off my mind. I am doing things around the house like I will be gone for a week. I know I will feel like I been hit by a truck. I didn't even have enough energy to stand in the shower, I sat in shower for 30 minutes, thinking about getting up. I hope it gets better, but I doubt it. My boys have band camp this week, so I guess I'll moan alone.
Sandy :[

Comments

• Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Positive Side
    Look at this way, the sooner you start the second treatment, the sooner it will be over. :) I had to laugh at the sitting in the shower comment because that is exactly what I do when I get anxious or just need to think. Sometimes the tears and water flow all at the same time but you cannot see where one stops and one begins. Must be something about sitting in the shower that relaxes people. I am rambling, sorry. Don't be depressed, you got this. By the time you finish round 2, you will be much further along than you were before you started. I am actually a little envious because I won't start with round one until next week so on a bright side you are ahead of me.

Big hug!

Vicki
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Countdown One at a Time
    Anyone who had chemo knows the anxiety .... I took them one at a time and everyone was a little different....had to deal with different side effects. I knew the off week would be better so just planned to take it easy the chemo week.
    Keep hydrated and have small meals that you can reheat available. I made chicken soup, and drank herbal teas. Thinking of you.
    NB
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    infusion
    I cannot relate to big doses of chemo at a time. During my 5 weeks of radiation I gut 5fu 24/7 with a chemo pump. It's different for eash of us. Hugs to you and VICKI
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member

Countdown One at a Time
    Anyone who had chemo knows the anxiety .... I took them one at a time and everyone was a little different....had to deal with different side effects. I knew the off week would be better so just planned to take it easy the chemo week.
    Keep hydrated and have small meals that you can reheat available. I made chicken soup, and drank herbal teas. Thinking of you.
    NB

I agree with you. I have
    I agree with you. I have been through 34 rounds now. The side effects and severity would change from week to week.
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    danker said:

infusion
    I cannot relate to big doses of chemo at a time. During my 5 weeks of radiation I gut 5fu 24/7 with a chemo pump. It's different for eash of us. Hugs to you and VICKI

Infusions-hate them
    Wed., I have an infusion and a lot riding on the scan to follow. (Getting back to work!) You will do this and each time will be different. Surround yourself with funny movies or books. I am prepping the kitchen with drinks and easy foods that I can heat and eat.
    I worked the during my first infusions and it wasn't easy but made it thru! Bathrooms weren't close either!
    I work at a hospital but I am not a nurse. You would think they could accommodate! I always had a bag of immodium and bathroom necessities. I almost had to sprint to the bathrooms at times. This disease sure teaches us adaptability and resilience....

One of my cousins called chemo 'healing juice'...
    Try to walk outside or even sit outside. Any distraction can help!

I get my infusions in the city which is an hour away. Many of them were stressfull because of who went with or my young adults had issues. Maybe my distractions were a good thing for me.

You will get through this.

Positive thoughts and prayers to you and Vickie!
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Lots of good advice here
    Lots of good advice here today to help you, and I esp. like the part about planning ahead to make things as easy as possible for you. Meals, hydrating drinks (have you tried coconut water?) movies and other distractions...and maybe a friend to come over and be a silent companion?
    Hugs, and remember, after tomorrow you get even closer to the finish line.
    I'll check in and see if you want to moan...it's okay, many of us have been there.
    Hugs Twin Mom!
  • omrhill
    omrhill Member Posts: 125
    You got this
    You can do it. One treatment at a time. And listen to what folks have said: each treatment is different. It may not be as bad as your first one. My motto through my journey -- one foot in front of the other - one step at a time.

Best!

Robin
  • marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Yes You Can
    Sandy,

I sent a response to your message to me. I have completed 10 5FU's. You CAN do this. You will find an inner strenth you never knew you had. Just take them one at a time. Worry about #2 now, then #3 and so on. Before you know it you will be at #12. This site is a great source, visit often. Prayers and best wishes. Alice
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Thanks everyone
    Thanks for all the positive responses. Vicki, Alice, I know you are right that it is another treatment down. Only 10 to go after tomorrow. Like my engineer son says 20% done, he thinks everything in equatations. I just feel I am not a part of the family for a week. My twins are in marching band and I go to every football game, I don't think I will be able to this year. I just had to vent, so thanks for listening and bringing out the positive in all this. Big Hugs to everyone.
    Sandy
  • Maxiecat
    Maxiecat Member Posts: 544 Member

Thanks everyone
    Thanks for all the positive responses. Vicki, Alice, I know you are right that it is another treatment down. Only 10 to go after tomorrow. Like my engineer son says 20% done, he thinks everything in equatations. I just feel I am not a part of the family for a week. My twins are in marching band and I go to every football game, I don't think I will be able to this year. I just had to vent, so thanks for listening and bringing out the positive in all this. Big Hugs to everyone.
    Sandy

(((Hugs Sandy))) Try to get
    (((Hugs Sandy))) Try to get a good night 's sleep...I know it will probably be hard. Next week it will be my turn...my #2 infusion is next Tuesday. I too am not looking forward to it...but i am planning ahead...meals and things to get done on my good week. Today the kids and i cleaned out the toy room.. and i hit several other areas of the house yesterday .i have about 10 boxes of donations for my dh to drop off this weekend to the homeless shelter 's thrift shop. It feels productive and almost cleansing to tackle these small things when i am feeling well...it almost makes up for those days i am going to be spending on the sofa feeling the effects of the chemo. I am really hoping...and praying that #2 will be either easier than #1...or at least the same (so i know what to expect).

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you this week! Btw...i too will be missing games this fall...my 11 year old plays baseball...fall ball starts next week. Some games are in the evenings...that will probablybe too cold for me...plus the bleachers aren 't very comfortable and with the nausea i am not going to even attempt to use a port-a-potty!

Alex
  • Steve C
    Steve C Member Posts: 1
    round 2
    Sandy
    Started my rd 2 today. Got the cold sensations in throat and hands which surprising since nothing in rd 1. 10 more to go though but looking towards the last. Had a friend go thru this last year and gave Me a heads up on what to expect which helped tremendously to hear it from the horse's mouth. Keep positive. Help from friends is a wonderful thing besides family. Remember Friends are the only true gift you can give to yourself.
    Steve C