Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Options
HanksMom
HanksMom Member Posts: 5
Hi All. I am new here so I first want to apologize if this has been previously asked/discussed. We live in Maine, my husband has rectal cancer, and we are headed to MSKCC at the end of August for his surgery. I'm just curious to find out who has been there and their experience.

Thanks,

Julie

Comments

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Dr. Paty did my surgery there.
    They are great! I'm very happy that I, too, traveled to MSK, tho I didn't have much choice, as my cancer (of the Appendix) is very rare. My colon was resected in 3 places, but it works perfectly normally. There are lots of good services available while you are an inpatient - he can get complementary med treatments (acupuncture or other) while there.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
    Alice
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    MSKCC
    My surgeon is Dr Paty as well. I can not adequately convey to you how happy I am with both Dr Paty and MSKCC. My first surgery was at another hospital and much of my treatment was at yet another. MSKCC rocks! I have found that the food sucks in pretty much any hospital, but other than that my stay at MSKCC was great. I had an ileostomy from my first surgery and later had it reversed. My original doc was great, and the people in the hospital too, but the hospital itself did not ven compare to MSKCC. When I left MSKCC with another ileostomy I felt so prepared to deal with life I was exilirated at the thought, which was good because he rest of me was wiped.
    Best of luck to you and your hubby at MSKCC

Peace
    Rick