Two good things happened this week - outside of the cancer realm

Options
Helen321
Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
One, my grandson, Aiden Kendall Frost made his early debut at 5 lbs 3 0z and 18 inches long. He's the apple of my eye. I'm updating my picture. Another good reason for me to want to get better in this world.

And on a lesser amazing front but still rather grand just in the thought alone, one of my sisters bought me a monthly ticket on the "cushy train" - the LIRR so I could have knock 20 minutes off my morning commute and 35 off my commute home. It's quite pricey and that was amazingly generous. She's also been coming with me for my infusions. I feel very loved=) Some people just really have surprised me with who they are inside.

Comments

• dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    yay
    Those are both great to hear Helene..
    I am glad things are going well for you..
    hope there will be more good news to report
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    yay
    Those are both great to hear Helene..
    I am glad things are going well for you..
    hope there will be more good news to report
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    ah
    The grandbaby really will keep us focused. Congrats and also the extra bonus from your sister. Jeff
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!!
    Congrats on your grandson (I have four, they are precious, each and every one we get!!!)enjoy, enjoy, and let the spoiling begin.
    And your sister, knocking off all those commute hours? That is one FANTASTIC gift, how wonderful of her.
    So happy for you on both counts.
    Winter Marie
  • barbebarb
    barbebarb Member Posts: 464
    Options

Sweet!!!
    Congrats on your grandson (I have four, they are precious, each and every one we get!!!)enjoy, enjoy, and let the spoiling begin.
    And your sister, knocking off all those commute hours? That is one FANTASTIC gift, how wonderful of her.
    So happy for you on both counts.
    Winter Marie

Great gifts
    So happy for you!
    Thank you for sharing. :-)
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Awww, how precious! :-)

Awww, how precious! :-) Congrats on your new grandson!

Hugs,

Cynthia
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Helen
    Congratulations on baby Aiden! I love babies, I can't wait until I have a grand baby. Aiden will be a bright star on all this cancer crap. That was sweet of your sister to get you the "cushy" train ride. More time to spend with Aiden.
    Sandy
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205
    Options

Helen
    Congratulations on baby Aiden! I love babies, I can't wait until I have a grand baby. Aiden will be a bright star on all this cancer crap. That was sweet of your sister to get you the "cushy" train ride. More time to spend with Aiden.
    Sandy

Great news!
    Hi Grandma! We were blessed on Friday with our first. It's a great feeling and nice to focus on this little miracle rather than, well, you know. I'm thrilled for you! Dan
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Wishing all good things for the new addition to your family.

Nothing is as good as holding a new life.

How wonderful that your sister was smart enough and generous enough to give you that gift for the train.

Marie who loves kitties
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    What wonderful news. He must have come pretty early being such a tiny thing. They are so precious. Treasure every minute of your time together as they grow so fast. What a wonderful gesture for your sister to do as well. Very thoughtful of her.

Kim
  • Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Options

Congratulations
    What wonderful news. He must have come pretty early being such a tiny thing. They are so precious. Treasure every minute of your time together as they grow so fast. What a wonderful gesture for your sister to do as well. Very thoughtful of her.

Kim

Congratulations!
    Truly beautiful! Congratulations! So very happy for you!

Vicki
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    Congratulations on that beautiful grandchild. You have all the inspiration to fight the disease.... Happy for you....
    Family is so important. It is the reason we fight to be here.
    NB
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Great news!
    Hi Grandma! We were blessed on Friday with our first. It's a great feeling and nice to focus on this little miracle rather than, well, you know. I'm thrilled for you! Dan

Congratulations
    There is nothing like new babies. May you and HELEN enjoy the little one and forget cancer.
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Options
    Best of news!
    Congrats to you and your family Helen! Grandchildren are the pay off for all the problems kids gave their parents growing up. I'm still waiting for my daughter (age 28) to make me a grandpa.
  • Asgara
    Asgara Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations on the new
    Congratulations on the new grandbabies around here! I'm expecting my first any day now. :)

~~ Gayla
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Two new g-babies on the Board today????
    What a nice thing to log on and read! Can't wait to see pictures of him Helen....you must be smitten.
    Enjoy and a hug to you and another smooch to him too :)
    Tommycat
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
    Congratulations on all counts:)
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Wonderful
    Congratulations on all counts:)

Welcome Aiden!

Congrats, Helen. One of your greatest helps in dealing with this disease just arrived. There is something about babies!

Hugs,
    Cathleen Mary
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Hey Grandma:
    Congrats on the new baby. That baby will put a smile on your face and give you the strength to keep up the good fight.

Hugs - Tina
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Inspiration
    At hard times in this journey we all need reminders as to why we keep fighting and you have been given two! Thanks for sharing- though you don't look old enough to be a grandma (nor do you look ill enough to have cancer- but we've all heard that cracker before!)

steve