OT~Fauxma is that your house!

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
Every time I see your picture come up I say what a beautiful house.
I'm partial to Victorian and I love it.
Wanda

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Yes that is the victorian
    Yes that is the victorian house that we rent with our daughter and son in law. We have the two upper floors. It has a large entry area, two front parlors, a formal dining room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, laundry room and 2 1/2 baths on the first floor. Den and I have 2 of those bedrooms (one we use for our living room) and 1 1/2 baths. On the upper levels there are 3 bedrooms and a full bath. The one bedroom on the upper level is the size of the entry, both parlors and the dining room downstairs. It is a huge house and has all of its original doors, including the pocket doors,the original window trims and bay windows, stained glass, its original floors, clawfoot tub and fireplace. We are all renting it but the kids are hoping that they might be able to purchase it. It also has 1 studio and 2 1 beddroom rental units on the ground floor. One downside is that the kitchen could use some updating. It is a good size but lacks cabinets. And the other drawback are the steep stairs. But those are both typical of a Victoria. Alameda has so many beautiful Victorians. I read somewhere that it has the most Victorian homes for its size than any city on the west coast. I have always loved Victorias also and never thought I would actaully live in one. We are just a few blocks from the beach and there are so many parks here. We have lived in Alameda for 2 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Thank you for asking about it. Fun to share information.
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    fauxma said:

Yes that is the victorian
    Yes that is the victorian house that we rent with our daughter and son in law. We have the two upper floors. It has a large entry area, two front parlors, a formal dining room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, laundry room and 2 1/2 baths on the first floor. Den and I have 2 of those bedrooms (one we use for our living room) and 1 1/2 baths. On the upper levels there are 3 bedrooms and a full bath. The one bedroom on the upper level is the size of the entry, both parlors and the dining room downstairs. It is a huge house and has all of its original doors, including the pocket doors,the original window trims and bay windows, stained glass, its original floors, clawfoot tub and fireplace. We are all renting it but the kids are hoping that they might be able to purchase it. It also has 1 studio and 2 1 beddroom rental units on the ground floor. One downside is that the kitchen could use some updating. It is a good size but lacks cabinets. And the other drawback are the steep stairs. But those are both typical of a Victoria. Alameda has so many beautiful Victorians. I read somewhere that it has the most Victorian homes for its size than any city on the west coast. I have always loved Victorias also and never thought I would actaully live in one. We are just a few blocks from the beach and there are so many parks here. We have lived in Alameda for 2 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Thank you for asking about it. Fun to share information.

Beautiful!
    I think that I would be looking for secret passages and seeing ghosts! When was it built?
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Beautiful!
    I think that I would be looking for secret passages and seeing ghosts! When was it built?

It was built in 1895. It is
    It was built in 1895. It is a great house for the grandkids to play hide and seek. Actually upstairs where the furnace is, it goes way back and twists a bit. Not exactly a secret passage but close. Of course, they can't go back there because of the heater. And our ghosts are squirrels that get on the roof and fun around. Sounds like little footsteps. Then there are the nights that a neighbor cat comes in the cat door (forget to latch it for the night) and we all wake to cat's running up and down the stairs and meowing at each other. So far we have seen a lovely grey, a beige and white and a big tabby. Fortunately they usually leave quickly. The grandkids think it's funny, the rest of us not so much. So I quess we have it all. LOL Thank you for the compliment. We really love it.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    fauxma said:

It was built in 1895. It is
    It was built in 1895. It is a great house for the grandkids to play hide and seek. Actually upstairs where the furnace is, it goes way back and twists a bit. Not exactly a secret passage but close. Of course, they can't go back there because of the heater. And our ghosts are squirrels that get on the roof and fun around. Sounds like little footsteps. Then there are the nights that a neighbor cat comes in the cat door (forget to latch it for the night) and we all wake to cat's running up and down the stairs and meowing at each other. So far we have seen a lovely grey, a beige and white and a big tabby. Fortunately they usually leave quickly. The grandkids think it's funny, the rest of us not so much. So I quess we have it all. LOL Thank you for the compliment. We really love it.

I just went looking for this post!
    I've been so crazy lately that I forgot to see it! I Love your house and thanks so much for all the interesting info.
    If I ever make it to the West Coast I'm staying with you! LOL
    Hugs,
    Wanda