New Nodules

abackhou
abackhou Member Posts: 77 Member
Had another scan yesterday, results are not good. Another 7 nodules discovered in my liver and the original big one has now doubled in size to 11cm. Also new nodule (20mm) attached to head of the Pancreas. Anybody had problems with their pancreas? I am worried of what to expect from now on. I'm not under any treatment plan, just palliative care. Best wishes to all.

Andrew
Stage IVB Dx Apr 2009
Mets Liver & Lungs

Comments

• Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Hi Andrew, I don't have any
    Hi Andrew, I don't have any experience with pancreas mets but I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and will pray for you.
    GOD's blessings to you.
    Brenda
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    nothing with pancreas
    I pray its not anything serious this is crazy scary stuff. Thinking of you keep us up to date. Jeff
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Pancreas mets
    Howdy Andrew,

My first onc, when I was dx'd in 2010, told me that it's very rare ("if ever" to quote him) for colorectal cancer to metastasize into the pancreas. Is treatment not available to you?

I'll be praying that you have a turn about for the better.

Doc/Ray
  • peterz54
    peterz54 Member Posts: 341
    also stage IVb
    Andrew, my wife's initial scan indicated "several additional smaller right retroperitoneal nodes at level of head of pancreas" this was based on a PET/CT scan which showed these nodes lit up. We initially thought the pancreas was involved because we did not read carefully.

The FOLFOX6 regime she was on cleared up all the nodal aggregates farely quickly, at least to the resolution of the PET and CT scans.

We have had differences of opinon between two radiologists reading the same scans as well. Apparently reading PET scans requires a lot of experience. Various metabolic processes in some organs can appear hypermetabolic in the same way mets do. This occured with my wife's Spleen. it shows a dark area on the CT scan and somewhat hypermetabolic on the PET yet a very experienced Radiologist with an Onc background said, after the first radiologist described the spleen as having mets, that the spleen did not have mets and often has the appearance of mets due to several other reasons. I haven't checked whether this could be the case for the pancreas.

I wish I had something more concrete to offer.

peter

PS I just used google scholar and confirmed that mets to pancreas are rare. here is one abstract:

Mets to Pancreas from CRC
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I'm sorry that you're facing this...
    I don't have any experience with pancreatic involvement, but I hope it turns out to be something other than cancer, as others here have suggested. I wonder if you could talk to the palliative team about what to expect. It seems like they might have some insight into your situation. Sending hugs and strength your way-Ann
  • abackhou
    abackhou Member Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you everybody for your responses. I could not get too much information regarding mets to pancreas except that it was rare. Spoke to my ONC who is not concerned about the tumour attached to the pancreas, he was more concerned with the liver nodules. I am not have any further chemo treatment, rather focusing and loving and sharing quality time with my family. My symptoms are now pain from the liver area and nausea and fatigue. Taking each day at a time.

Best wishes and happy days......Andrew