Brand new to this site

Options
lowenjuls
lowenjuls Member Posts: 18
Hi! This is my first time ever on a cancer discussion board! I was diagnosed last year a few days before my 45th birthday. Stage 2A (Not in lymph nodes but a 3cm tumor). I had the carboplatin/Taxatere/Herceptin cocktail. Hard chemo ended in Jan, radiation ended in March and Herceptin ends in October. Had a treatment on Tuesday, also saw my oncologist and due to breast swelling and redness am scheduled for an MRI next week. AAAaargh!

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    This is a wonderful group of gals and guys. I'm sure you will be happy that you found us! If you need anything, support, hugs or advise you have come to the right place.
    God Bless,
    Wanda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Welcome
    This is a wonderful group of gals and guys. I'm sure you will be happy that you found us! If you need anything, support, hugs or advise you have come to the right place.
    God Bless,
    Wanda

Welcome to this group
    Those tests can be so nerve-racking--we've all been through them. This is the best group I have found--full of people with knowledge, love, caring, inspiration and encouragement. Please feel free to come on here to share your stories, laugh, vent, rant, rave. We're all here for each other and we support each other with no judgement.

Take good care.

Hugs, Renee
  • lowenjuls
    Options

Welcome
    God Bless,
    Wanda

Thank you Lighthouse!

Thank you Lighthouse!
  • lowenjuls
    Options
    missrenee said:

Welcome to this group
    Those tests can be so nerve-racking--we've all been through them. This is the best group I have found--full of people with knowledge, love, caring, inspiration and encouragement. Please feel free to come on here to share your stories, laugh, vent, rant, rave. We're all here for each other and we support each other with no judgement.

Take good care.

Hugs, Renee

Sounds like just what I
    Sounds like just what I need. Ive found it hard to reach out. Thanks MissRenee!
  • lowenjuls
    Options
    missrenee said:

Welcome to this group

Take good care.

Hugs, Renee

ugh I think I need a
    ugh I think I need a tutorial of the basics!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry
    as it will not change the results to worry. It could be other things besides a reccurrence you know. I am one who tries not to worry because I have a notion that since I had undergone a lot of stress over the years (and particularly the last two years prior to diagnosis), that my cancer was caused by stress. There is some research that backs this up but I am sure it is not the only factor.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Try not to worry
    as it will not change the results to worry. It could be other things besides a reccurrence you know. I am one who tries not to worry because I have a notion that since I had undergone a lot of stress over the years (and particularly the last two years prior to diagnosis), that my cancer was caused by stress. There is some research that backs this up but I am sure it is not the only factor.

Welcome...
    We welcome you with open arms and hearts...but we hate the reason you found us...You will find women and a few guys, in every phase of this journey called breast cancer...and many types of bc...some may have the same type yet their experience totally different...even with the same treatments..as one of our pink sisters, Susan says, "one size does not fit all" ....you'll catch on quickly...i've been on this site for over 3 years and the care, concern, words of encourage, trust, an ear to listen, to just rant, has always been here...not to mention how much I have learned from these wise people...

Please come back and keep posting...nothing is off limits...Let us know what your doc says...we care
    Again, welcome "new" pink sister..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    double post
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this great site!
    Welcome to this great site! Sending prayers for your MRI next week. Be sure and come back and let us know how it goes.

Hugs, Kylez
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Welcome
    I don't know where I would be without this group of girls. I just couldn't imagine going in to the oncologist or doctor appointments and relying on that alone. Advice and support from fellow warriors is so important! Just the sympathetic concern gives you such a boost. Let us know how your appt. goes, ok?

We care about you,
    Rebecca
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to find
    Sorry you had to find us...but happy you did...

Denise
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of
    I am so sorry to hear of your cancer, but I am glad that you found this board. You will find a great deal of support here. Some "inside info" for you:

The Pink Bus is a magical metaphorical vehicle. The Pink Bus is filled with fellow cancer warriors who will accompany you on doctor's visits, procedures, etc. Don't be afraid to ask for the Pink Bus when you feel you need some real but invisible support.

The Kindred Spirits. That is what many refer to themselves here. Also called Kindreds.

NED. It took me a little time to figure out that when someone was dancing with NED, they didn't necessarily have a new boyfriend/girlfriend. NED means No Evidence of Disease.

Others here can fill you in with more, but mostly I just want to say welcome and feel free to call out the Pink Bus for your MRI. I will be there regardless, holding your hand and offering up lattes and scones (scones for the Olympics ;-) in London).
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

I am so sorry to hear of
    I am so sorry to hear of your cancer, but I am glad that you found this board. You will find a great deal of support here. Some "inside info" for you:

The Pink Bus is a magical metaphorical vehicle. The Pink Bus is filled with fellow cancer warriors who will accompany you on doctor's visits, procedures, etc. Don't be afraid to ask for the Pink Bus when you feel you need some real but invisible support.

The Kindred Spirits. That is what many refer to themselves here. Also called Kindreds.

NED. It took me a little time to figure out that when someone was dancing with NED, they didn't necessarily have a new boyfriend/girlfriend. NED means No Evidence of Disease.

Others here can fill you in with more, but mostly I just want to say welcome and feel free to call out the Pink Bus for your MRI. I will be there regardless, holding your hand and offering up lattes and scones (scones for the Olympics ;-) in London).

I am sending positive
    I am sending positive thoughts, prayers and lots of luck!

Hugs, Diane
  • trsmith0104
    trsmith0104 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    DianeBC said:

I am sending positive
    I am sending positive thoughts, prayers and lots of luck!

Hugs, Diane

I too am new to this site
    I too am new to this site and new to cancer. My appointment is with my surgeon on Aug. 8th. I am not even sure if it is in my lymphnodes yet. I guess I have a long road ahead of me. I have read the areas about tips on radiation and side effects of chemo. I have started creating a long list of items that I will need to purchase from our local drug store (or Wal-Mart).

My biggest concern is my bras. No clue what type of surgery I am having so no clue what type to buy. I'd rather just say to heck with it and not wear one at all. If I didn't have 2 kids that I would scare the life out of, I might consider it. Any tips that anyone ever feels they should provide I am all ears. I think sometimes it is better to be educated than to walk in not knowing what to expect....
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options

I too am new to this site
    I too am new to this site and new to cancer. My appointment is with my surgeon on Aug. 8th. I am not even sure if it is in my lymphnodes yet. I guess I have a long road ahead of me. I have read the areas about tips on radiation and side effects of chemo. I have started creating a long list of items that I will need to purchase from our local drug store (or Wal-Mart).

My biggest concern is my bras. No clue what type of surgery I am having so no clue what type to buy. I'd rather just say to heck with it and not wear one at all. If I didn't have 2 kids that I would scare the life out of, I might consider it. Any tips that anyone ever feels they should provide I am all ears. I think sometimes it is better to be educated than to walk in not knowing what to expect....

Don't be too worried about bras
    I am sorry cancer is invading your life right now. I know you qre consumed with thoughts of how will I and what if, and should I .. we all went through it and understand! Dont worry about bras until after you see your surgeon and know what you are doing.But with that said, My tumor was painful so I found sports bras to be most comfortable prior to my bi lateral mastectomy. My breasts were very large, so being braless hurt because they hung with weight. After surgery, I have no need to wear one. I am sure your surgeon will advise you. You will have time to prepare. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way~
    Sandy