Positive Update for Stage 3 b Rectal Cancer Survivor

Options
Good Morning,

I have a positive story to share this morning. I am either 1 year No Evidence of Disease or 1.5 years of No Evidence of Disease effective yesterday per Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota depending if I use my surgery date or last chemo date as a start. Yes, I have many side effects but so greatful to share this new status with all of you.

For those of you in the battle, my heart and prayers go to you. I cannot imagine what you must be all going through. For those of you in the beginning of this battle...remember, you can beat this beast!

I don't know if these items listed below have made a difference for me or not but I thought I would share what I do to keep myself healthy:

I juice organic (carrots, green apple, parsley or spinach and beet). Sometimes I add other vegetables too but those are my basics for the most part. I drink a smoothie everyday of these ingredients: 1 cup or more of Wymans Organic wild blueberries, 1 cup of non-fact organic yogurt, 1 frozen banana and either 1/4 cup raw oatmeal or 1/4 cup organic unprocessed almonds, splash of milk. I don't drink regular or diet soft drinks, no alcohol and very little processed food. I eat mostly chicken, fish or turkey, beans, etc. I try and eat about 3 cups of raw spinach a day and lots of tomatoes. I am fortunate enough that I only have to work part-time. I exercise about 4 + days per week either on the elliptical for 40 minutes or riding bike for about 1 hour. I pray everyday and ask for healing and I have many people praying for me as well. I try to smile and laugh everyday ~

Blessings to all of you from Minnesota and thank you for allowing me to share my good news story.

"Minnesotagirl" or "Minnie"

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    "Minnie"
    You are the picture of happiness and contentment. Congrats on your successes and may they continue.

You have the perfect receipt for everything in your life right now:)

Thank you for sharing your story. And thanks once again for all of your support to the stuff that I write about. It does mean alot to me.

For if there was nobody to talk to, then my words are merely an echo - and even though an echo reflects the sound back to us - with no one to hear it - it can carry with it a silence that can be deafening.

Thank you for being there:)

Keep up the good work - sounds like you've got the plan.

-Craig
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Minnie
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

Hoping that the future is as bright for you as your smile is today.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Dear Minnie
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

Hoping that the future is as bright for you as your smile is today.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Great news, It can be done.

Great news, It can be done.
  • toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi Minnie
    So nice to hear your wonderful news.
    My husband had been ned since his last chemo in September.
    Hopefully, he will also be ned at one year.
    We are also into organic foods, juicing and exercise.
    Take care....Linda
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Minnie
    Yea!! Good for you girl.Hve avery nice Summer. Unfortunately Winter will come in 5 months or so. LOL Best of luck to you.
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    danker said:

Minnie
    Yea!! Good for you girl.Hve avery nice Summer. Unfortunately Winter will come in 5 months or so. LOL Best of luck to you.

I love your line "you smile
    I love your line "you smile or laugh every day" You made me smile just by posting that :)
  • Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    You go Minnesotagirl!!!! So
    You go Minnesotagirl!!!! So glad to hear it, I'm just starting this battle and I'm currenlty stage 3 and I plan to kick it like a bad habit! So exciting to hear the good news from someone who's done it.
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear the news
    Hello Minnie
    Happy to hear the news. Thanks for sharing your Surveillance Plan. I have an appointment at Mayo in Rochester end of September and hope I can share the same great news. Prayers for your continued good health.
    NB
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Double sorry.

Double sorry.