Pathology report updated

Options
katenorwood
katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
Hello !
Well finally after 7 months I now know on my histology report. I definately have adcc...and histology showing all 3 tissue types in tumor (cribform, tubular, solid) was told path doc. had quite a time typing me because of this. So what does this mean ? I am definately in what is deemed the middle group for adcc...wait and see group (stable disease) which is good for now. NED would have been way better, but at least so far no advancement. So not knowing how to feel today....kinda mixed emotions right now. Katie

Comments

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Stable
    Stable is a step in the right direction. I'll pray that your next one is NED.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Waiting for NED
    Sorry you didn't get the best news possible, but "wait and see" is surely the next best thing. Still, it's very hard to go through treatment, and not get the "NED" pronouncement after three or four months. I, too, had to wait - I didn't get "NED" until thirteen months after chemo rads ended.
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    stable
    Hi Katie,

It is good to hear it is stable. You are hooked in with some of the best doctors in the nation; they have helped to slow this thing down. I just got a good feeling they are going to help you more.

Best,

Matt
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

stable
    Hi Katie,

It is good to hear it is stable. You are hooked in with some of the best doctors in the nation; they have helped to slow this thing down. I just got a good feeling they are going to help you more.

Best,

Matt

NED may be elusive
    It has been for me. I'm in the "No change" airline. It's a holding pattern which I've come to learn to negotiate. Approaching the scan machine, "No change noted" waved off, and around I go again. Not a bad flight pattern to be in. Don't get caught up in NED because you could be waiting a long time and the current flight may be serving steak and lobster. Perhaps next time around you might make a landing but for the moment just circle around with some of us. Enjoy the lobster.
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ratface said:

NED may be elusive
    It has been for me. I'm in the "No change" airline. It's a holding pattern which I've come to learn to negotiate. Approaching the scan machine, "No change noted" waved off, and around I go again. Not a bad flight pattern to be in. Don't get caught up in NED because you could be waiting a long time and the current flight may be serving steak and lobster. Perhaps next time around you might make a landing but for the moment just circle around with some of us. Enjoy the lobster.

Ratface
    Your post is one of the reasons this site is so awesome...so much truth from someone making the same journey! It's easy to get caught up in the moment and lose sight of the big picture. Great input that we can all draw from.
  • Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ADCC
    Hi What is adcc mean? It sounds like you are doing well, but I am fairly new and am not sure with the terminology. Ann
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Pathology report
    Mixed emotions seem to be the rule around here. Stable at least gives you hope. It seems we all have to "wait and see" when the big C happens. Hang in there, Katie. Karen
  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Pathology report
    Mixed emotions seem to be the rule around here. Stable at least gives you hope. It seems we all have to "wait and see" when the big C happens. Hang in there, Katie. Karen

Sorry everyone...
    Just remembering the journey most have you been on, and am feeling very honored to be in such great company. I will take the holding pattern absolutely ! Lobster sounds wonderful ratface ! I've been punching and batting at this diagnosis, and feeling frustrated with getting frank and accurate reports from the folks we trust our lives with. I see you all going through your treatments and know for me right now, it is wait and see...because besides resection again, there are no other options in the here and now. Adenoid cystic carcinoma patients need to keep hope and stay in the holding pattern until more treatments are available....but darn it where is the information, why did I have to go searching for it ? I am going to try to journal for the next guy in line, direct anyone wanting info to the places I've found accurate updated info. And no sadly that hasn't been from any medical people....or local foundations. So yes I am absolutely taking the stable disease diagnosis and smiling pretty BIG...! Thank you all for the gentle nudge....today is good ! Katie
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Sorry everyone...
    Just remembering the journey most have you been on, and am feeling very honored to be in such great company. I will take the holding pattern absolutely ! Lobster sounds wonderful ratface ! I've been punching and batting at this diagnosis, and feeling frustrated with getting frank and accurate reports from the folks we trust our lives with. I see you all going through your treatments and know for me right now, it is wait and see...because besides resection again, there are no other options in the here and now. Adenoid cystic carcinoma patients need to keep hope and stay in the holding pattern until more treatments are available....but darn it where is the information, why did I have to go searching for it ? I am going to try to journal for the next guy in line, direct anyone wanting info to the places I've found accurate updated info. And no sadly that hasn't been from any medical people....or local foundations. So yes I am absolutely taking the stable disease diagnosis and smiling pretty BIG...! Thank you all for the gentle nudge....today is good ! Katie

Today is good
    Or today I don't have documented cancer is as good as it gets sometimes. I sense your frustration and am sorry for your suffering. I was mainly thinking out loud as I'm scheduled for a landing soon. I know it seems like a pitching aircraft carrier sometimes, blindfolded and in darkness. Wishing you a flicker of light Katie as you make your way round again.