Hi All I'm scared and need my pink sisters again please help.

Options
smalldoggroomer
smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
My History Dx June 2010. Chemo every three weeks 6 rounds from June to Oct. Mastectomy right side Nov 1 2010. Rads for 6 weeks ending the end of Jan 2011. I was burned very very bad. Had trouble breathing during rads about middle ways through to end. That cleared up after rads. Went on Aromasin for 9 months couldn't take the side effects to much pain. Switched to Femara for three months not much better. Now on Tamoxifen since Jan 2012. Tolerating that much better. This last April I started having trouble breathing. the hotter it got with summer coming the worse it got. I seen a Pulmonologist last Fri. Had Ct scan. He said his first though was cancer in my lungs. But not sure. The pictures looked like string all through my lungs. Both of them. Now I am on oxygen at home. Can't do much with out getting out of breath. I am so scared that this is cancer come back. But I have heard it could be scar tissue, or other things that could be caused from Chemo or rads. My Oncologist said she thinks it is some thing caused from rads and not cancer. She said it isn't acting like cancer. My symptoms are shortness of breath on exertion of any kind. Dry Cough ( not productive ) And I have been loosing weight. about 20 lbs in 4 weeks. That's all.
I can lay down flat no problem. I do not cough up any thing at all ever. I have no chest pain at all. I need to hear from you all with all your experience and wisdom. Please help me if you can. Any help encouraging words of wisdom and experience are greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much Kay,

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so so sorry you are going
    so so sorry you are going through this....I'll be sending good thoughts and thinking of your daily. I"ll check back for updates..

Denise
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

so so sorry you are going
    so so sorry you are going through this....I'll be sending good thoughts and thinking of your daily. I"ll check back for updates..

Denise

Kay I am very sorry to hear your news
    Have you had you PET/CT scan? I do not have any wisdom, as far as experience I just came back from the CT scan with the same diagnosis shortness of breath. I will have my results by the end of this day and share my new knowledge and plan of action.
    Sending you positive thoughts and a big hug
    New Flower
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Kay,
    If your oncologist

Kay,
    If your oncologist doesn't think its cancer, then that is good. From what I have seen, typically, mets to the lungs look like cotton balls scattered over the lungs. There are exceptions I am sure. But if you trust your oncologist, go with what she plans.

Cindy
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    Positive thoughts
    and prayers for you. I do not know about this but wanted to let you know I would keep you close.
    Sandy
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Oh Kay,
    Will definitely keep you in my prayers. Hope it isn't the beast returning.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Kay,

xoxo,
    Jean

Oh, Kay, so sorry to hear about your troubles
    I'm on the same roller coaster you are--but with bone mets and now question of something new in the breast that showed up on MRI. I'm tried of this stupid ride and I want off right now--don't you Kay?

I'm trying to be positive and not be too scared. It's hard, but I'm trying. You try with me--okay, Kay? We'll hold hands and get through this.

Sending you a ton of positive energy and prayers to get through this and get the best of results. Hang in there.

Hugs, Renee
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

I'm on the same roller coaster you are--but with bone mets and now question of something new in the breast that showed up on MRI. I'm tried of this stupid ride and I want off right now--don't you Kay?

I'm trying to be positive and not be too scared. It's hard, but I'm trying. You try with me--okay, Kay? We'll hold hands and get through this.

Sending you a ton of positive energy and prayers to get through this and get the best of results. Hang in there.

Hugs, Renee

We're...
    We're here for you..as always....don't ever be afraid to share your fears...I hope this isn't cancer related..trust your doctors...

Hugs, Nancy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Kay,

xoxo,
    Jean

Praying for you!
    Hugs, Diane

Praying for you!

Hugs, Diane
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    sorry
    Oh Kay, I am so sorry to hear of this latest development. Let's go with your oncologist's opinion at this point. I hope the doctors get to the bottom of this soon so your symptoms can be relieved. Hugs and prayers are coming your way.
    Linda
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    Let's go with what your onc
    Let's go with what your onc says and not get a head of your self don't forget Tamoxifen does have some side affects will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that it is nothing.
    Hugs Frankie
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Renee, I'm with ya I'm holding you hand we will go through this together.
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Prayers
    You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Dorene
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Kay, I'll hold the other
    Kay, I'll hold the other hand. We'll get through this together...

Hugs,

Linda
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Kay, I'll hold the other
    Kay, I'll hold the other hand. We'll get through this together...

Hugs,

Linda

Is this going to be investigated further?
    I have no experience or wisdom to share, but what's the next step? I'm going to bank on your oncologist and even the pulmonologist doesn't think it's cancer. In the meantime, I'm sending hugs and prayers. We're here to help in any way.

Suzanne
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry to hear
    I am so very sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time. I pray that this is scarring. We are all here for you.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Positive thoughts and
    Positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Angie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

I am so very sorry to hear
    I am so very sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time. I pray that this is scarring. We are all here for you.

Holding your foot too since
    Holding your foot too since both hands are taken Kay.
    I'm praying that it's scar tissue and not the beast.
    Big Hugs,
    Wanda
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    No real experince.
    Just offering prayer.
  • happyraccoon
    happyraccoon Member Posts: 1
    Options

No real experince.
    Just offering prayer.

Holding your other foot since it's the only one left
    and we are with you, breathing a little for you so you don't have to work so hard just to get air in and out. No laughing, now!! (Tickle, tickle) All kidding aside, I know you're not having a lot of fun right now. Please know you are and never will be alone. Praying ((((()))))
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options

Holding your other foot since it's the only one left
    and we are with you, breathing a little for you so you don't have to work so hard just to get air in and out. No laughing, now!! (Tickle, tickle) All kidding aside, I know you're not having a lot of fun right now. Please know you are and never will be alone. Praying ((((()))))

Kay, I don't have any
    Kay, I don't have any experience with this to share. I hope it can be quickly sorted out and a relatively easy solution found. Let us know what the next step is. We're with you with good thoughts and prayers.
    Angie