Options
2»

Comments

• epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Will keep you in my prayers!
    You are so strong! My heart aches to hear this news but you're right to ask around and see what else might be out there. My husband's cousin is in a similar situation and whatever she's getting is fairly new and brought tumor markers down initially. They haven't dropped much lately but she's sticking it out to see what happens. Each one of us has to make our own decisions but know that you are held in prayer - healing, peace, wisdom.

Blessings my friend!

Carol...my heart is so heavy
    Carol...my heart is so heavy reading this ...I have never met you personally but you always held a special place in my heart... I love you dearly and I never met you... I feel the same way as your sister... I'm still hoping for a miracle because I believe in them...

My God Bless you my dear friend
    Eva
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    My heart and soul go out to
    My heart and soul go out to you,what ever you and your boys decide your pink sisters will be right there with you,start working on your bucket list and enjoy what ever you do, Hawaii sounds fabulous.
    Hugs Frankie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Carol,
    I am so sorry to hear

Carol,
    I am so sorry to hear this news. These must be such difficult decisions to make. I can't imagine how I would react to this. My prayers and kind thoughts are coming your way. Gentle cyber hugs to you.
    Stef

So sorry Carol.. I wish you
    So sorry Carol.. I wish you all the best in your decision and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    Options
    We are here for you.
    Just waiting to hear from you when you are ready to post. Watching, waiting, praying, hoping, loving you.

Gentle long hug.
    Rebecca
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

My heart and soul go out to
    My heart and soul go out to you,what ever you and your boys decide your pink sisters will be right there with you,start working on your bucket list and enjoy what ever you do, Hawaii sounds fabulous.
    Hugs Frankie

Like the other Sisters in PINK .. I have no
    words, my heart is heavy and I hope you decide to 'FIGHT' with all your might, and
    will.

My motto .. 'Never give in, or Never give up' ... and
    Do what is RIGHT for, YOU....! Take the time to digest, and explore all
    options before meeting up with your ONC.

May our Lord keep his hands on you, your heart, soul and mind.

Carol -- YOU are such a strong WARRIOR -- I know you will do what is best
    for, YOU. We are 100 percent behind you all the way.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    aisling8 said:

There are no words or magic fixes

I'm carrying you and your boys close to my heart as you take the next right step and the next and the next.

Love, Victoria

Thank you Victoria,
    Not much has changed, yet everything has. I still look good and anyone who didn't know me would have no idea that my body (or rather the tumors) are getting me from the inside out. I am really happy that I went to California when I did as the pain in my back, hip and spine has increased, but the sense of humor still remains!!

Love, Carol
  • camul
    Options

How much chemo can a body tolerate?
    If you switch to something else - or add avastin, how much more can your body tolerate and how will you know when enough is enough and/or the toll of the chemo is too much? Didn't you "recover" somewhat on your break? I suppose your MO is saying if you were to develop pneumonia that your body would be too weak to survive it?

Dear Carol, I have no idea what I would do if I were in your position, but I know this - whatever you decide you have my love, support and prayers. You have experienced so much on this journey of yours, and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Suzanne

Yes Suzanne
    that is pretty much what he is saying. My boys are with me on whatever I decide. I saw my endocrinologist on Wednesday and we were talking about it, I love her! She said that your body can only take so much and with all the UTI's, it looks like my immune system is just weakened by the chemo and the cancer, that there comes a point where it can work against you.

We talked about quality vs. quantity and it has been a long time since I have felt good, in any sense of the word. She said that for the amount of cancer in my body from the original diagnosis of mets, that I have defied all odds. I agree and am so thankful that I have had almost 2 more years. We talked about what would normally happen if I do stop, and she laughed. She said with most it could be anywhere from 3 - 6 months or sooner, depending on how fast the tumors grow, but with me she wouldn't even venture a guess because I have not done anything along the lines of reported statistics. She also offered to work with me using holistic treatments along with hospice when I do stop the chemo. I will take her up on this as she is an amazing doctor.

I will decide in the next few weeks. I just want to have the ct scan and mri first!

Hugs, Carol
  • camul
    Options
    gagee said:

Carol... Carol...
    I don't know where to begin. You have been through so much and still stand strong. I look to You for strength all the time. You are one of best and dearest friends. I wish there was something I could do to make your fight easier. We pray to God for You every day. I will be in touch.

Love and Hugs with ton of Prayers,
    Diana

Diana,
    I talked to Nick, and it looks like it may be Las Vegas, so you and **** will need to get your pennies and join us! He will drive Miss Daisy and we will probably stay 3 nights. Matt will watch the dogs.

Love you both and keep praying,
    Carol
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

We are here for you.
    Just waiting to hear from you when you are ready to post. Watching, waiting, praying, hoping, loving you.

Gentle long hug.
    Rebecca

Very upsetting when I read your post
    Very Upsetting when I read your post.Just want you to know we all back what you decide.You and your family should make the decision and we'll all be there for you.

Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family.

Lynn Smith
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Carol
    I am so sorry to hear your news. You are such a strong woman and an inspiration to all of us. I know you will make the right decision for you. So glad that you have two strong, supportive sons to help guide you through this. Many prayers are being sent to you by many pink sisters. Hugs, Linda
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Dear Carol
    I have read your posting a few times and I've been so moved all the way to tears each time. I'm so sorry that you are at the point of having to make this decision! All I can say that my heart is heavy for you and your boys. Having 2 sons, I know what that relationship is and it's great! Make this decision together and find peace in it. Regardless of what you decide, do whatever makes you happy! Cruise, travel to Hawaii - anything you dream of! All of them will be wonderful and full of memories and love. Enjoy all the time you have - it's what we all should do!

Take care, be as painfree as possible and love, love, love!!

Prayers and hugs!
    Karen
  • trixytwo
    trixytwo Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi Carol
    nothing new, just wanted you to know I'm praying for you. Funny thing, we all end up at the same place!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    trixytwo said:

Hi Carol
    nothing new, just wanted you to know I'm praying for you. Funny thing, we all end up at the same place!

Carol you have been through
    Carol you have been through so much!! I'm lifting up prayers for you and your sons. You are so strong, so gracious and a true warrior. Hugs to you.