Feeling a bit scared

KatMat
KatMat Member Posts: 62
My husband has CLL with transformation to Large B Cell Lymphoma. He finished his 6th round of R-CHOP June 25th and goes in tomorrow for PET scan and bone marrow. We are afraid it has not worked. He can feel a couple of swollen lymph nodes in his neck which I assume is the CLL. Does anyone know if the lymphoma makes your lymph nodes swell?

We head to Mayo next week for the results and it's scary but I remain (try to at least) optimistic.

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Swollen nodes
    Lymphoma will make your lymph nodes swell. That is a lot of times one of the main things that set the Drs. searching for a reason. They can also swell if you have an infection. Hopefully tomorrow will will shed some light on what is going on. Having to wait a week for results can cause a LOT of stress.Be sure to post and let us know what the results are. John
  • KatMat
    COBRA666 said:

Swollen nodes
    Lymphoma will make your lymph nodes swell. That is a lot of times one of the main things that set the Drs. searching for a reason. They can also swell if you have an infection. Hopefully tomorrow will will shed some light on what is going on. Having to wait a week for results can cause a LOT of stress.Be sure to post and let us know what the results are. John

Thanks John. I will keep
    Thanks John. I will keep you posted.
    I don't have a good feeling though.
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    KatMat said:

Thanks John. I will keep
    Thanks John. I will keep you posted.
    I don't have a good feeling though.

Feelings
    Katmat,
    We never do have a good feeling about anything that doesn't seem right after any diagnosis of cancer.Just keep in mind that there are all kinds of treatments nowadays. If one does not work there is always another route. Stay off the websites. They will scare you to death.They are usually outdated and are statistics. We are not statistics. We are people that are individuals that act in an individual way to treatments.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Swollen nodes...
    Hi KatMat,
    It's hard to speculate what is causing the swollen lymphnodes, but the PET scan will show whats going on and provide the answers you need. The hard part of course will be waiting a week for the results. I just don't understand why we can't get our scan results the day it's done and save us from all of the frustration, stress and worry. As you said...try to stay optimistic until further testing is finished. Please let us know what you find out. My prayers and positive thoughts are with you both. Best wishes...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)
  • KatMat
    allmost60 said:

Swollen nodes...
    Hi KatMat,
    It's hard to speculate what is causing the swollen lymphnodes, but the PET scan will show whats going on and provide the answers you need. The hard part of course will be waiting a week for the results. I just don't understand why we can't get our scan results the day it's done and save us from all of the frustration, stress and worry. As you said...try to stay optimistic until further testing is finished. Please let us know what you find out. My prayers and positive thoughts are with you both. Best wishes...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)

Thanks Sue....
    Mayo normally

Thanks Sue....
    Mayo normally gives us the PET scan results the same day. We have to wait on the bone marrow this time which is why the week delay.

At least I know there is more potent chemo should he need it.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    KatMat said:

Thanks Sue....
    Mayo normally

Thanks Sue....
    Mayo normally gives us the PET scan results the same day. We have to wait on the bone marrow this time which is why the week delay.

At least I know there is more potent chemo should he need it.

Yes...
    Yes...the one good thing is that there are more treatments available if things have changed and further treatment is necessary. It's not something we want to do, but if necessary it's comforting to know a plan B can be executed. I hope all goes well with the BMB tomorrow...hopefully your hubby will have sedation for the procedure. I was tested once two years ago(BMB)and results showed no bone marrow involvement. My good thoughts and prayers are with you...Love, Sue
    (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)
  • veedub
    veedub Member Posts: 42
    COBRA666 said:

Feelings
    Katmat,
    We never do have a good feeling about anything that doesn't seem right after any diagnosis of cancer.Just keep in mind that there are all kinds of treatments nowadays. If one does not work there is always another route. Stay off the websites. They will scare you to death.They are usually outdated and are statistics. We are not statistics. We are people that are individuals that act in an individual way to treatments.

you said: Stay off the
    you said: Stay off the websites. They will scare you to death. They are usually outdated and are statistics.

love it! it's kinda tricky to navigate between educating oneself on the internet and getting TMI. so that's a useful reminder.