Recap - Luncheon - Park Ridge, IL (Chicago)

Options
I did have the luncheon at my house on Saturday, July 21 but the girls who came were from my breast support group from Northwest Community Hospital. Also had one neighbor who is a survivor of breast cancer. All I can say is that a bond forms when you get together socially. We laughed, ate, drank, and talked. Hopefully, in the future there will be a Saturday that is open for our CSN group so that we can bond. What does October look like for you?

Here's the menu:

Chicken Salad (white chicken breast, organic green grapes, organic celery, water chestnuts, toasted almond slices, Mayonnaise, Curry, Soy Sauce)

Bought fresh from the Farmers Market. Cooked green beans. Added raw baby portabella mushrooms and carrots. Seasoned with sea salt and pepper. Poured olive oil with fresh lemon juice over the green beans, mushrooms, and carrots.

Made a Poppy Seed Salad Dressing and poured over organic romaine lettuce, raisins, water chestnuts, organic walnuts.

Italian Bread.

Desert: Organic Strawberries. Cherries. Homemade Lemon Delights which are lemon bars. One doctor told me to quit my job and make this desert to sell. I could make a million dollars on this desert. There is one trick to making it and it took me one year to figure it out.

Lots of Hugs,
Janelle

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    MMMM....I may have to plan a
    MMMM....I may have to plan a trip to Chicago in October!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sounds like great time

sounds like great time
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Yeah for Janelle!
    You just made my mouth water, big time! So great to hear you and some fellow Pink Sister had a fabulous time in fellowship and eating such a scrumptious meal prepared with much love by you, Janelle. I wish I lived closer to you as I would definitely make the next Pachanga( Spanish for party) Pink Gathering!

Hugs,
    Ines
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Yeah for Janelle!
    You just made my mouth water, big time! So great to hear you and some fellow Pink Sister had a fabulous time in fellowship and eating such a scrumptious meal prepared with much love by you, Janelle. I wish I lived closer to you as I would definitely make the next Pachanga( Spanish for party) Pink Gathering!

Hugs,
    Ines

I am so impressed by your menu, and skills!
    sounds like an absolutely wonderful time. A PINK Sister party to be remembered by
    all.

Janelle - oh, how I wish that I could cook with you for a week-end --- how much
    fun would that be?

Fellow PINK Pampered Chef,

Vicki Sam
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I am so impressed by your menu, and skills!
    sounds like an absolutely wonderful time. A PINK Sister party to be remembered by
    all.

Janelle - oh, how I wish that I could cook with you for a week-end --- how much
    fun would that be?

Fellow PINK Pampered Chef,

Vicki Sam

That would be great!!!
    Vicki, how far do you live from Chicago? What state?

It would be fun to cook with someone who likes to cook.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

That would be great!!!
    Vicki, how far do you live from Chicago? What state?

It would be fun to cook with someone who likes to cook.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Sounded delicious!
    I sure wish I could attend some of these great gatherings~ I need to buy a lotto ticket (and win!) so I can have a private plane ready at my beck & call.
    or so I can fly first class anyways!
    Hugs~
    Melanie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

sounds like great time

sounds like great time

Your menu and your day
    Your menu and your day sounds great! I wish I lived closer to you!

I hope many can make it in October.

Hugs, Jan