I am home from vacation.

Options
Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
We, (Me, my friend, both our daughters) had a mother daughter week at Flathead Lake Montana. We stayed at my friends Mother's house, the deck is literally 50 feet from the beach. I spent hours on the deck swing watching sunsets and storms, listening to the joyful laughter of my daughter and her friend as they swam (the water was too cold for me), we laid on the dock at midnight and watched the stars, took a day trip to glacier national park, drank too many mudslides...built my inner strength.

Now it's back to reality...whole brain rads start on Monday. My mother-in-law arrives for a week visit on Tues. My daughter dances at the state fair on Wed. Twice a day football practice continues for my son....I love the breaks from the day to day stresses of life. But I also love my life!

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    Sounds wonderful
    Your vacation sounds like it was a wonderful time! So glad you had this opportunity!
    Sorry reality will set back in so soon, prayers for you with this next treatment!!
    Sandy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    It is great to hear about
    It is great to hear about your good visit to one of the best places on earth. I'll be thinking of you on Monday. xoxoxo Lynn
  • NewOne39
    NewOne39 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

It is great to hear about
    It is great to hear about your good visit to one of the best places on earth. I'll be thinking of you on Monday. xoxoxo Lynn

You are an inspiration and i
    You are an inspiration and i am Glad you had a good vacation sometimes you just need to get away and relax

My thoughts and prayers are with you on Monday

I priay you do well
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you had a
    I am so glad that you had a restorative vacation. The Glacier area is so beautiful.

I am very impressed that your daughter is dancing in the state fair and that you have a football playing son. We are a family of klutzes...lol.

I am praying hard for you and will be with you on Monday. Please let me know if I can help in any way!
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Dear Linda
    Your vacation sounds great! Visualize that gorgeous place during your treatment! I'll keep you in my prayers! I wish for you the best outcome possible!

Hugs!
    Karen
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Dear Linda
    Your vacation sounds great! Visualize that gorgeous place during your treatment! I'll keep you in my prayers! I wish for you the best outcome possible!

Hugs!
    Karen

Linda...
    You are in my Prayers.....remember I had brain rads in March...if I can answer any questions, please feel free to ask...I'll answer as best I can relating to my experience....try, try, try to rest as much you can....I was forewarned about fatigue..it didn't really hit me for a week after I finished...and it was almost overwhelming at times...then it was right into chemo.....If your MIL is able, let her, your hubby and kids do as much as possible to help you and allow you to rest especially when the rads are over....have you had your simulation or is that Monday?

I am sooooooo glad you had such a good time on vacation....

Praying for you and wishing you the best...
    Big hugs, Nancy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    MAJW said:

Linda...
    You are in my Prayers.....remember I had brain rads in March...if I can answer any questions, please feel free to ask...I'll answer as best I can relating to my experience....try, try, try to rest as much you can....I was forewarned about fatigue..it didn't really hit me for a week after I finished...and it was almost overwhelming at times...then it was right into chemo.....If your MIL is able, let her, your hubby and kids do as much as possible to help you and allow you to rest especially when the rads are over....have you had your simulation or is that Monday?

I am sooooooo glad you had such a good time on vacation....

Praying for you and wishing you the best...
    Big hugs, Nancy

Hello Linda
    I am glad that you and your daughter had a very good time and left your worries at home.
    Good luck on Monday I hope it will go well.
    I am on my second cycle of Xeloda, doing ok working full time, however have been feeling very tired by the end of the day.
    Wishing your treatment will be very effective
    Hugs
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Hello Linda
    I am glad that you and your daughter had a very good time and left your worries at home.
    Good luck on Monday I hope it will go well.
    I am on my second cycle of Xeloda, doing ok working full time, however have been feeling very tired by the end of the day.
    Wishing your treatment will be very effective
    Hugs

Sounds wonderful
    The escape from reality must have been wonderful for both you and your daughter. Please let your family take care of "things" for you while you go through rads. I'll be onboard that bus Monday.

Suzanne
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Sounds wonderful.
    Amazing what a week away from reality does to restore your inner peace. I wish you the best with the rads and hope you are feeling up to watching your daughter dance and what a blessing to have your mother-in-law with you to help with everything.

Hugs and prayers,
    Carol
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Just wondering...
    Is your mother-in-law a good witch or a bad witch? I noticed you mentioned her after the brain rads :-)

If my mother-in-law came to see me I would jump off a bridge.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Just wondering...
    Is your mother-in-law a good witch or a bad witch? I noticed you mentioned her after the brain rads :-)

If my mother-in-law came to see me I would jump off a bridge.

Laughing..
    I got a good laugh at the "jumping off a bridge" ....and if my MIL came to see me, it would scare the crap out of me, too, especially since she passed away 14 years ago.......lol...... oh the things that make us laugh....!

Hugs Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Laughing..
    I got a good laugh at the "jumping off a bridge" ....and if my MIL came to see me, it would scare the crap out of me, too, especially since she passed away 14 years ago.......lol...... oh the things that make us laugh....!

Hugs Nancy

Welcome back, Linda ..
    Nice to hear that you had the opportunity to relax and enjoy life -- for a few days.
    Recharging your inner strength, and filling your heart with the sounds of laughter
    -- sounds like a picturesque mountain vacation.

Vicki Sam
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Balancing Act
    Your vacation sounds so serene and refreshing. I am happy you, your friend, and your daughters were able to get away from the daily grind and slow down for a spell to watch the sunsets, storms and listen to your daughter's laughter. The colors and sounds of those moments are like portraits and music for the soul.

So glad your mother-in-law will be in town to see your daughter dance, your son play football, and help you as you begin with rads. I will be thinking of you come Monday and praying for you and yours.

Hugs to you and yours.
    Ines
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Balancing Act
    Your vacation sounds so serene and refreshing. I am happy you, your friend, and your daughters were able to get away from the daily grind and slow down for a spell to watch the sunsets, storms and listen to your daughter's laughter. The colors and sounds of those moments are like portraits and music for the soul.

So glad your mother-in-law will be in town to see your daughter dance, your son play football, and help you as you begin with rads. I will be thinking of you come Monday and praying for you and yours.

Hugs to you and yours.
    Ines

You're gonna do great, Linda
    Your vacation sounded wonderful. Now, do what you have to, strong pink warrior that you are. You will get through this with all the strength and grace that we know you have right inside of you.

All my prayers and positive energy are heading your way.

Hugs, Renee
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow vacation sounds like
    wow vacation sounds like great time...so close to the beach..I LOVE To listen to seagulls. (maybe since my dad always told me he would come back as one)

Glad you had peaceful time.

Denise
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    There is nothing like
    There is nothing like relaxing while watching your kids have fun! It is a wonderful feeling! You deserve every minute of it!

Good luck this week. You are in my prayers!

Dorene
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

There is nothing like
    There is nothing like relaxing while watching your kids have fun! It is a wonderful feeling! You deserve every minute of it!

Good luck this week. You are in my prayers!

Dorene

Welcome back!
    Glad you had a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    Wanda