Bar_B Member Posts: 27
...I think my silicon implants are melting... LOL! Hill City, KS

-Ok... how hot is it where you are?

Comments

• AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    Hi, I'm in KS,
    Hi, I'm in KS, also--Lawrence. It was 107 yesterday here and just heard the heat advisory is extended until TUESDAY night! SOOO thankful for A/C and we did get 2" of rain last night which was desperately needed.
    Angie
  • Bar_B
    Options
    AngieD said:

Hi, I'm in KS,
    Hi, I'm in KS, also--Lawrence. It was 107 yesterday here and just heard the heat advisory is extended until TUESDAY night! SOOO thankful for A/C and we did get 2" of rain last night which was desperately needed.
    Angie

Glad you had rain!
    Nice to meet someone from KS here!
    We've had 100+ temps all week and hubby heard the forecast is 100+ for at least 20 more days. I also appreciate the AC, but may have to take a mortgage out for the electric bill, not looking forward to seeing that next month!
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Options
    High temp hit 70 here in
    High temp hit 70 here in Kenai AK .... tons of tourists in town for fishing and visiting ..... my hot flashes from tamoxifin would be hard to handle in your heat Hope it doesnt stay that hot for you too much longer! Sue D
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    Its soooo hot
    the water in my expanders is boiling! :)
  • Bar_B
    Options
    salls41 said:

Its soooo hot
    the water in my expanders is boiling! :)

LOL Salls!!
    Sounds like we

LOL Salls!!

Sounds like we need to head to Alaska! 70 sounds wonderful....
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    NorCal Weather
    I live near San Jose, CA which is 45 miles south of San Francisco. Today the high temperature is expected to be 82 degrees. We are fortunate in that it cools off a great deal overnight. Last night it got down to about 54 degrees. My sympathies to those of you sweating it out in other parts of the country.

IRENE
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options

NorCal Weather
    I live near San Jose, CA which is 45 miles south of San Francisco. Today the high temperature is expected to be 82 degrees. We are fortunate in that it cools off a great deal overnight. Last night it got down to about 54 degrees. My sympathies to those of you sweating it out in other parts of the country.

IRENE

Thunder and Lightning
    In Southeastern Washington, 2 weeks of thunder and lightning! Intermittent, mostly between 9pm to 4am! Very Loud!! This is a desert area, so the rain is good, yet still 100 degrees during the day! I've lived here since '74 and we've never had weather like this in July!! Have a great day everyone!!
    Joyce
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options

NorCal Weather

IRENE

Thunder and Lightning
    In Southeastern Washington, 2 weeks of thunder and lightning! Intermittent, mostly between 9pm to 4am! Very Loud!! This is a desert area, so the rain is good, yet still 100 degrees during the day! I've lived here since '74 and we've never had weather like this in July!! Have a great day everyone!!
    Joyce
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Pinky68 said:

Thunder and Lightning
    Joyce

Heat!!
    It's been consistently hot all summer here in Iowa. Today we've gotten a little break with temps in the 80s. We've been over 100 several times - a lot more often than I can remember. We need rain so bad - the crops are brown in many areas. Who ever invented AC should be named a saint!

Cool breezes to all!
    Karen
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Heat!!
    It's been consistently hot all summer here in Iowa. Today we've gotten a little break with temps in the 80s. We've been over 100 several times - a lot more often than I can remember. We need rain so bad - the crops are brown in many areas. Who ever invented AC should be named a saint!

Cool breezes to all!
    Karen

hot in Wi
    I am in WI and we are suffering from a drought. We have had such hot weather (in the 90's and 100's) for the last few weeks. We just got a break today with some cooler weather and I see that it is supposed to be 97 next week again. I have been having a terrible time with hot flashes in this heat. I look like someone threw a glass of water at my shirt many times throughout the day. I normally am not a fan of winter but this year I can't wait for winter so I can stop sweating and finally get a good night's sleep!
  • Bar_B
    Options
    Penny67 said:

hot in Wi
    I am in WI and we are suffering from a drought. We have had such hot weather (in the 90's and 100's) for the last few weeks. We just got a break today with some cooler weather and I see that it is supposed to be 97 next week again. I have been having a terrible time with hot flashes in this heat. I look like someone threw a glass of water at my shirt many times throughout the day. I normally am not a fan of winter but this year I can't wait for winter so I can stop sweating and finally get a good night's sleep!

Ahh, winter...
    I'm changing my pic to a snow pic from last winter, just to feel cooler and maybe Penny can feel cooler and get some zzz's!

We have 20 more days of 100+ forecast. Yes, AC is the only relief. Nice to hear other places aren't quite so hot. We have a burn ban in place and fire hazard warnings.

I'm from Iowa, too, SW IA near Clarinda and Mom still lives there. She is a crop insurance agent and talks about how bad the crops are hurting. We don't have any crops or pasture left here and cow/calf herds are being sold off.

Hot flashes here, Penny - I feel ya. Very annoying.

This too will pass - Mom's favorite saying.
  • starseed
    starseed Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Been HOT since March
    here in east TN--and am pretty darn sick of it. We FINALLY got some rain last week, but the ground is so dry and hard packed alot of it just ran off. Second batch that came through helped alot, but
    there just doesn't appear to be any relief. Plus--even for here, it's been humid..which makes me miss living out west even more.

Can't wait til I can wear a long sleeved shirt again.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Pinky68 said:

Thunder and Lightning
    Joyce

HOT!
    So hot here still and we really need rain bad. Thinking of doing a rain dance! LOL

Leeza
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    we are in MID NYS...not bad
    we are in MID NYS...not bad today but up to 99 many days..I was saying to my husband, as a Kid if it was up to 80 thought it was HOT...

severe thunderstorms with all this heat..

Denise
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

we are in MID NYS...not bad
    we are in MID NYS...not bad today but up to 99 many days..I was saying to my husband, as a Kid if it was up to 80 thought it was HOT...

severe thunderstorms with all this heat..

Denise

We finally got a break from
    We finally got a break from the heat to where you can breathe when you go outside. It has been so hot!