IV Metastatic Colon Cancer

Options
lolbcuN2
lolbcuN2 Member Posts: 2
Anyone out there that has bet this thing for more than 3-5 yrs?

Comments

• Wenchie
    Wenchie Member Posts: 88
    Options
    IV Metastatic
    I have and there are lots of others. Diagnosed in 2006 Stage III. January of 2008 Stage IV with mets to lungs. I've been on chemo since 2008 and as of May...it has stopped working and I'm having coughing and shortness of breath. I have a new met in a lymph node right in the center of my chest. Going to the Oncologist on Friday...
  • TheDirtyColon
    TheDirtyColon Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Wenchie said:

IV Metastatic
    I have and there are lots of others. Diagnosed in 2006 Stage III. January of 2008 Stage IV with mets to lungs. I've been on chemo since 2008 and as of May...it has stopped working and I'm having coughing and shortness of breath. I have a new met in a lymph node right in the center of my chest. Going to the Oncologist on Friday...

I am a member
    Of the wonderful Stage 4 club. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago and with chemo (Oxipilatin (horrible neuropathy), Erbitux (Pimples and Zits like I was 15 again) and oral chemo, the spots on the liver have shrunk so much that they are discussing resection as my next alternative.

Hang in there, there are lots of survivors of Stage 4 metastatic cancer, keep a positive attitude (I know it can be hard) and thank God for every day of life that you have.

I don't know what you believe but I know I couldn't have made it this far without Jesus in my life.

God bless and if you need anything just yell.....

John
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    oh yea
    I was diagnosed stage 4 June 2009 with mets to the liver and lungs. Ive been taking chemo since June 09. This cancer will be a crazy roller coaster. There will be wild side effects. Have goals will help get through this. Pray you do great. Jeff
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    At 2 1/2 years
    But there are more that are longer at it, Craig has over 8 years, plus a few others. I personally plan on being here longer then 5 years, was given 6 months, but apparently the doc's don't know it all, after all, thank goodness.
    Winter Marie
  • luvinlife2
    luvinlife2 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes!!
    Some of the first people I met after my dx were long time survivors of stage 4 colon cancer. The first one was 15 years! He's now 19 years and back in the chemo room doing his irinotecan again. Others were 7 and 6 years. It is possible!! :)
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    Yes
    This December will be 10 years since my diagnosis. I was orginally diagnosed Stage III but later had mets. I'm hanging in there!

Good luck! Have faith! Treatment possibilities are evolving all the time. Many of us regard cancer as a 'chronic health condition'

Tara
  • scareddaughter24
    scareddaughter24 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    taraHK said:

Yes
    This December will be 10 years since my diagnosis. I was orginally diagnosed Stage III but later had mets. I'm hanging in there!

Good luck! Have faith! Treatment possibilities are evolving all the time. Many of us regard cancer as a 'chronic health condition'

Tara

10 years... u are a winner!
    TaraHK love reading your posts, so inspirational for others !!! keep up the fantastic work
    i love the term chronic health condition ! Sooo good!
  • abackhou
    abackhou Member Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Stage IV - 3 plus years
    I"m a Stage iV diagnosed April 2009....still here...
  • zirotra
    zirotra Member Posts: 30
    Options
    abackhou said:

Stage IV - 3 plus years
    I"m a Stage iV diagnosed April 2009....still here...

hello!
    stage 4, just turned 30.. Taking each day at a time
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    3 years
    My wife diagnosed 2 July 2009. Zapping tumors that come up, moving on with life.

Best to you.