Family member having cancer

Options
JaredRoland
JaredRoland Member Posts: 4
I have recently found out the devastating news that my Gran has cancer and was wondering if anyone has any good quotes about it. I really want to get a tattoo so that I will have something to remember her by in the future. I'm really stuck for ideas as I really do not know what to get and want to make it something worth getting. I will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Family member
    Jared, I am so sorry to hear about your Gran. How about something personal and simple like, "Gran" with a pink ribbon.
  • JaredRoland
    Options
    Gloria09 said:

Family member
    Jared, I am so sorry to hear about your Gran. How about something personal and simple like, "Gran" with a pink ribbon.

Thankyou for the Idea,
    Thankyou for the Idea, Really is a great one, May go for a longer quote though but still I like the idea of a pink ribbon
  • Gloria09
    Gloria09 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Thankyou for the Idea,
    Thankyou for the Idea, Really is a great one, May go for a longer quote though but still I like the idea of a pink ribbon

Family Member
    You're welcome! Does your Gran have a favorite saying or quote? A favorite book or movie? If so then maybe you can work with something from that. Good luck!
  • JaredRoland
    Options
    Gloria09 said:

Family Member
    You're welcome! Does your Gran have a favorite saying or quote? A favorite book or movie? If so then maybe you can work with something from that. Good luck!

Not that I know of, she is
    Not that I know of, she is religious though and therefore I'm thinking a cross and a ribbon alongside a quote would be perfect.
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Not that I know of, she is religious though and therefore I'm thinking a cross and a ribbon alongside a quote would be perfect.

How about
    Warrior on more than one front. That might do the trick depending on the way she views her God.
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options

What is her favorite scripture
    Maybe you could have her favorite scripture or psalm. Or just something special she may say alot herself, a line from a prayer.
    {{{Hugs}}} I am sorry that your Gran has to go through this.
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    I just had to ask.....
    Do you have other tattoos? Are you sure she would want you to get a tattoo. Sorry, but I'm not a tattoo person. My daughter has several tattoos but I wouldn't want her getting one to remember me by. Just my thoughts. It is nice that you want something to remember her by.
  • JaredRoland
    Options
    jamiegww said:

I just had to ask.....
    Do you have other tattoos? Are you sure she would want you to get a tattoo. Sorry, but I'm not a tattoo person. My daughter has several tattoos but I wouldn't want her getting one to remember me by. Just my thoughts. It is nice that you want something to remember her by.

I do have other tattoos and
    I do have other tattoos and feel that having it on me will mean that I remember her and who she is/was. Also had a thought of possibly writing with a cross and the ribbon of breast cancer around it. Thanks for all the ideas. They're very good thoughts.
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options

I do have other tattoos and
    I do have other tattoos and feel that having it on me will mean that I remember her and who she is/was. Also had a thought of possibly writing with a cross and the ribbon of breast cancer around it. Thanks for all the ideas. They're very good thoughts.

Beautiful
    My kids all have tattoos and they each have things that mean something special to them. I think your Gran will be very honored that you want to do this. It sounds like you have a very special relationship! God Bless you and your Gran.