embarassed to say

Options
gloworm313
gloworm313 Member Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, I have a question that I would like to ask anyone out there willing to respond. I am six months post chemo and have now found a new solid lump in of all places "sorry to say" my buttocks, now has anyone had this and is it something I should get checked out. just feeling kind of wierded out about talking to my onc about it. Any help would be appreciated. I am tnbc

glow

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I did not have chemo...but I
    I did not have chemo...but I would have it checked out ..even if with your primary!

Denise
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Call your DR
    At least call one of your Drs. If you don't feel comfortable with talking to your Chemo Dr, call your PC. I'm 2 1/2 yrs post TX and I always call my PA first about anything that' going on - she's been my PC for 16 yrs and is great so she's my first to go to. Call whoever you are most comfortable with but call someone.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Call your DR
    At least call one of your Drs. If you don't feel comfortable with talking to your Chemo Dr, call your PC. I'm 2 1/2 yrs post TX and I always call my PA first about anything that' going on - she's been my PC for 16 yrs and is great so she's my first to go to. Call whoever you are most comfortable with but call someone.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Don't...
    Don't let being uncomfortable stop you from getting this checked out.....better safe than sorry! Either with Your oncologist, which is who I would see, or your primary doc....

Hugs, Nancy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Don't...
    Don't let being uncomfortable stop you from getting this checked out.....better safe than sorry! Either with Your oncologist, which is who I would see, or your primary doc....

Hugs, Nancy

any bump shouldbe checked
    any bump shouldbe checked out,. but its an unlikely spot for recurrence.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Do Not Be Embarassed
    Any lump, bump or oddity should be checked out and no amount of shyness or embarrassment should keep you from seeking medical help to ensure your continued survivor-ship. You have finished your chemo which to me means you have worked hard to stay alive so please do not allow this to stop you now...go get it checked out!

My best to you,

RE
  • gloworm313
    gloworm313 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    RE said:

Do Not Be Embarassed
    Any lump, bump or oddity should be checked out and no amount of shyness or embarrassment should keep you from seeking medical help to ensure your continued survivor-ship. You have finished your chemo which to me means you have worked hard to stay alive so please do not allow this to stop you now...go get it checked out!

My best to you,

RE

thanks
    thank you all for your advice, I will call my pc and have her check it out. Wishing all a good day.

glow
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options

thanks
    thank you all for your advice, I will call my pc and have her check it out. Wishing all a good day.

glow

All ways have every thing
    All ways have every thing checked out just for peace of mind.Glad you are having it checked nothing is to embarrassing to tell your Dr.
    Hugs Frankie