Fluoride Trays

Options
2»

Comments

• Botanique
    Botanique Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Canadian here. I'm just two months out of surgery (radical neck) and a month after the end of 30 sessions of radiation. My trays were cast as part of the pre-surgical preparations - notably the dental exam for which no pre-radiation work was needed. Throughout my radiation and since then, daily, I've been using a 1.1% fluoride solution after flossing in the evening, daily - as instructed. My teeth are fine and I had no issues with canker sores or other mouth irritation during my radiation. My saliva is lessened but not by much....let's just say I'm lucky. My only issue has been mold stains on my trays. I was told to clean them just with cold water. I've started using a soft brush and mild toothpaste which solved that issue. All of my costs, dental, surgery, hospital stay, radiation, etc. has been covered by our provincial health care system and frankly, what impressed me most was the dedication of everyone I met who worked with me. Dieticians, radiation techs, nurses, doctors, dentists, everyone....just so caring and involved. Five years of follow up for me lies ahead. Good luck to all!

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Congratulations, Botanique, for the successful treatment of head and neck cancer. USA here and I experienced the same thing with Dieticians, radiation techs, nurses, doctors, and dentists here in the states, what a dedicated bunch of people on both sides of the border.

I do long for the days of Sgt. Preston though.

I celebrate your victory over cancer with you...

Wishing You the Best

Take care, God Bless

Russ