Great Scan and Surgery Date

Options
fatbob2010
fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
Wanted to share some good news today. The last scan was positive and the treatment (FOLFOX + Avastin) has been working. The tumor in the liver has shrunk almost an inch and there are no new mets. Surgery has been scheduled for next week and there is hope for a good outcome. I am more of a lurker vs. a writer (listening rather than speaking) and want to offer a big thanks to everyone on this board for sharing their experiences hopefully I will start sharing more as well !!!

Comments

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Best of luck

Excellent! Best of luck with the liver surgery next week, you'll be in our thoughts.

Take care,

Cyn
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    so happy
    This is excellent news...I'm praying your surgery will be smooth sailing. Jeff
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    As strange as it seems, surgery becomes a welcome thing when dealing with cancer. It is always the hope that all will be gotten and the process of moving forward can occur.

Prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery.

Please let us know when you can how you are doing after.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Options
    Awesome!
    That's just fantastic news, fatbob! Good luck on the surgery and recover fast. Is there someone who can update us after your out of the OR?
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That is great news. Please
    That is great news. Please PM if you need any advice on the surgery. I have had 3 liver resections.
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    fatbob2010
    I wish you well for your upcomming operation. May it leave you NED the a short easy recovery. Good Luck.
  • omrhill
    omrhill Member Posts: 125
    Options

Congrats
    As strange as it seems, surgery becomes a welcome thing when dealing with cancer. It is always the hope that all will be gotten and the process of moving forward can occur.

Prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery.

Please let us know when you can how you are doing after.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

surgery
    About surgery being a welcome thing... i find myself saying "I 'get' to have surgery in August, instead of I 'have' to to have surgery. Perspective is so important!
    Robin
  • omrhill
    omrhill Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Great news!
    Pulling for even more succcess with your surgery..
    Robin
  • fatbob2010
    Options
    Doc_Hawk said:

Awesome!
    That's just fantastic news, fatbob! Good luck on the surgery and recover fast. Is there someone who can update us after your out of the OR?

Update
    Yeah Doc I'll ask the wife to update...thanks for the concern...Art
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    great news
    Wonderful that the chemo is doing its job and you can have surgery now. Please let us know how it goes. Hoping for smooth sailing and a quick recovery.
  • fatbob2010
    Options
    Thanks and Apolofy
    I have not been able to get on the internet easily for a couple of days. Thanks to all of you for the support and I will keep you updated as to surgery results. HUGS of Thanks for your support Art