Options
2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    ooo said:

"Never never never never
    "Never never never never give up. PEG your way out of it." - Winston Churchill & Dre

Winston Churchill ...
    "If you're going through hell, keep going..."

I think that "Never Give Up" is Mike Iaconelli..BASS Champ....

LOL, just a tease there DRE....

JG
  • Sam999
    Sam999 Member Posts: 319 Member
    Options

phrannie
    how much of the ulceration do the feel is thrush? A whole lot of thrush is resistant to nystatin, so it is a mistake to assume nystatin will effecrively treat this component of things. diflucan doesnt cost much, and is way more effective for this. Now, if your oral ulcers are chemo related, thats a different thing, but I wouldnt trust the nystatin.

heres to better times

Hi Phrannie,
    Sorry to hear

Hi Phrannie,

Sorry to hear about all the troubles. Folks did tell us weeks after radss will be tough but did not expect them to be this bad. Hope things turn around soon for you.

Aloe will never burn, actually if you add a little amount to somthing that is burning your mouth or throat, it will take the burn away. I am a big fan of Aloe but lately i got lazy and did not go to the farmers market. I will get some today. Aloe is a natural anti bactarial and anti viral so helps with lot of things. But it is also has a strong laxactive effect so if you are swallowing it, stop any other laxative stuff you might be taking.

Sam
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options

phrannie
    how much of the ulceration do the feel is thrush? A whole lot of thrush is resistant to nystatin, so it is a mistake to assume nystatin will effecrively treat this component of things. diflucan doesnt cost much, and is way more effective for this. Now, if your oral ulcers are chemo related, thats a different thing, but I wouldnt trust the nystatin.

heres to better times

Went to the Oncologist again today...
    My stomach couldn't handle liquid Hydrocodone...vomited last night till there was nothing left, and continued to dry heave till I got to the Dr.'s at 11:15 this morning. Got infused with some hydration and anti-nausea meds, a procrypte shot, a script for Diflucan (Pat..I read your post this morning, and ASKED for the Diflucan...thank you!), and a script for 2%Lidocaine...and told if I still feel like this tomorrow, to come back for more hydration and possible transfusion.

I'm gunshy of the Hydrocodone now....I don't want to spend another night like last night, so went to my anti-nausea meds and hopefully they'll work for nausea caused by pain killers....and I give the hydrocodone another chance after I pour some food down my tube :)

p
  • Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Options

My stomach couldn't handle liquid Hydrocodone...vomited last night till there was nothing left, and continued to dry heave till I got to the Dr.'s at 11:15 this morning. Got infused with some hydration and anti-nausea meds, a procrypte shot, a script for Diflucan (Pat..I read your post this morning, and ASKED for the Diflucan...thank you!), and a script for 2%Lidocaine...and told if I still feel like this tomorrow, to come back for more hydration and possible transfusion.

I'm gunshy of the Hydrocodone now....I don't want to spend another night like last night, so went to my anti-nausea meds and hopefully they'll work for nausea caused by pain killers....and I give the hydrocodone another chance after I pour some food down my tube :)

p

I know what that's like!
    Hydrocodone and the pain patch are what made me vomit to the point that I was hospitalized... twice! It really sucks, and I'm so sorry to hear it's affecting you that way. Maybe you can ask if they have some kind of alternative for you?

I'm thinking of you!
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options

p

Sorry, Phrannie-
    To hear of all your difficulty, but does not surprise me. I was on Morph, girl, from the start of week #2 then #3, 5 and #6. Our treatment schedulings for the Cisplatin and FU-5 were different, but the symptoms appear to be real close. I was able to chop-up Hydro pills and swallow with sips of water for when I first woke in the AM, then later in the day, but typically would also be doing the Morph here and there at certain times when the Hydro was wearing-off. Did not do the liquid H form, or Oxycontin, so cannot comment on.

Thrush is a major complication. The Nystatin I used was mostly preventative- was told to use it daily thru most of the rough weeks. Hope it gets eliminated.

Not sure what all you are ingesting, but as I've stated many times- nausea was never much of a problem for me, and when it was I blamed the overnight mucous. THE ONLY THING I WAS INGESTING FOR NUTRITION WAS JEVITY and water all thru treatment, Phrannie. That's it. And, yes, there were days I couldn't even get more than two cans of it into me. So- are you trying to ingest more than you need/your body can handle? Maybe not, but might be something for you to consider.

Wish I had an answer to the mouth sore problem, but don't. MM is mostly what I remember using, though there was something else I did the swish and spit for. Did use Aquaphor on the sores when they developed on my outer lips, and it did seem to help. Was not a good time for a number of weeks, but I was truly amazed by how well it all healed post-tx, Phrannie. Just gotta hang-tough, Phrannie. You're doing what it takes to get the 2nd chance at life, and that's what you gotta do. Be on the lookout for your temp letting you know there's a problem. Not untypical for many of us to spend some time in the hospital with antibiotic drips, like I did for 4 nights in weekm #6- temp stays over 101 for a number of hours, then get thee to an ER.

Again, so sorry to hear it's taking you to where you are, but it's not all that untypical. These are the times when we really earn the 2nd chance, Phrannie. Remember- you are gonna survive this thing, and that's the bottom-line only thing that really matters.

Believe

kcass
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Sorry, Phrannie-
    To hear of all your difficulty, but does not surprise me. I was on Morph, girl, from the start of week #2 then #3, 5 and #6. Our treatment schedulings for the Cisplatin and FU-5 were different, but the symptoms appear to be real close. I was able to chop-up Hydro pills and swallow with sips of water for when I first woke in the AM, then later in the day, but typically would also be doing the Morph here and there at certain times when the Hydro was wearing-off. Did not do the liquid H form, or Oxycontin, so cannot comment on.

Thrush is a major complication. The Nystatin I used was mostly preventative- was told to use it daily thru most of the rough weeks. Hope it gets eliminated.

Not sure what all you are ingesting, but as I've stated many times- nausea was never much of a problem for me, and when it was I blamed the overnight mucous. THE ONLY THING I WAS INGESTING FOR NUTRITION WAS JEVITY and water all thru treatment, Phrannie. That's it. And, yes, there were days I couldn't even get more than two cans of it into me. So- are you trying to ingest more than you need/your body can handle? Maybe not, but might be something for you to consider.

Wish I had an answer to the mouth sore problem, but don't. MM is mostly what I remember using, though there was something else I did the swish and spit for. Did use Aquaphor on the sores when they developed on my outer lips, and it did seem to help. Was not a good time for a number of weeks, but I was truly amazed by how well it all healed post-tx, Phrannie. Just gotta hang-tough, Phrannie. You're doing what it takes to get the 2nd chance at life, and that's what you gotta do. Be on the lookout for your temp letting you know there's a problem. Not untypical for many of us to spend some time in the hospital with antibiotic drips, like I did for 4 nights in weekm #6- temp stays over 101 for a number of hours, then get thee to an ER.

Again, so sorry to hear it's taking you to where you are, but it's not all that untypical. These are the times when we really earn the 2nd chance, Phrannie. Remember- you are gonna survive this thing, and that's the bottom-line only thing that really matters.

Believe

kcass

Kent.....so many times since I came to this site
    you have picked me up and dusted me off....reminded me that I'm going to make it thru this "bump in the road"...You are probably the biggest contributer to my lack of fear of the future...because I DO believe!!

Once again, if I could reach thru this computer screen, I'd give you a big hug!

p
  • LeoS2323
    LeoS2323 Member Posts: 160
    Options

Kent.....so many times since I came to this site
    you have picked me up and dusted me off....reminded me that I'm going to make it thru this "bump in the road"...You are probably the biggest contributer to my lack of fear of the future...because I DO believe!!

Once again, if I could reach thru this computer screen, I'd give you a big hug!

p

Hey Phrannie
    Not been around in a bit, kind of getting back to normality with the family and life in general. Last I was on you had the great news that the rads had worked.

I'm so sorry you are having a tough time with the after effects of the rads. I'm thinking about you and wishing for it to turn a corner and give you some respite.

You are a fighter and you have done incredibly well so far - hang on in there and it will change for the better before too long I'm sure.

Al the best P51

Leo
  • Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hang in there
    HI

Hang in there. My mouth sores were bad the last few weeks and did not get better until a few weeks after the rads finished. I tried everything and not much helped. It does get better, but mine did not get better until about 2 weeks after the radiation finished.

I will keep you in my prayers. I hope yours gets better quicker than mine. I did not have a tube so I lost lots of weight the last week or so.

Ann
  • Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hang in there
    HI

oops accidentally posted twice. I was on Morphine at the end. Could not make it without it. Ann