Other Newbies Besides Myself?

Options
Pinky68
Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there's anyone else who started on this wonderful site recently too? Wish I would have found you all a year and a half ago when I was first diagnosed! Everyone has so much knowledge and support of one another, I was hoping I could ask a question about Megace? I'm ER+/PR+ Her2--, my onco put me on Megace once daily 40m.in January. I've seen a lot of posts about Tamoxofin, is Megace essentially the same thing? I filled out the "AboutMe" page a few days ago, if anyone has suggestions/comments that would be wonderful!! I see my onco tomorrow for a follow up and plan on telling him about my daily headaches that started 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I also want to inquire more about the Megace. Thank-You!! Joyce

Comments

  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Hi Pinky68 and Welcome! I
    Hi Pinky68 and Welcome! I didn't find this site for awhile either, but, it certainly is a wonderful site full of pink sisters that are here to support and help you in your journey.

    Megace is hormonal therapy for bc, but, I don't recall reading anyone that has taken it. I hope that the pink sisters that have will post to you.

    Hoping you find out why you're having these headaches and get some help.

    Good luck and Welcome Again,

    Diane
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Hello:
    I am 4 yrs post

    Hello:

    I am 4 yrs post surgery etc etc...but joined this like you later then I should have. I just stumbled upon it after the fact. I check it daily once or twice.

    ONLY thing is I just registered and started posting...NOT KNOWING I should have introduced myself. (Bad Ediqette)

    so welcome...like the saying says "better late then never"


    Denise
  • debsweb18
    debsweb18 Member Posts: 191 Member
    Options

    Hello:
    I am 4 yrs post

    Hello:

    I am 4 yrs post surgery etc etc...but joined this like you later then I should have. I just stumbled upon it after the fact. I check it daily once or twice.

    ONLY thing is I just registered and started posting...NOT KNOWING I should have introduced myself. (Bad Ediqette)

    so welcome...like the saying says "better late then never"


    Denise

    Hi! I just joined
    Whoops! Like Denise, I just joined and didn't introduce myself. I'm a little over 1 year post dx. After everything has finally settled down a little, I find myself wanting more information. So here I am. And welcome to you the rest of you newbies!

    Deb
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    debsweb18 said:

    Hi! I just joined
    Whoops! Like Denise, I just joined and didn't introduce myself. I'm a little over 1 year post dx. After everything has finally settled down a little, I find myself wanting more information. So here I am. And welcome to you the rest of you newbies!

    Deb

    Onco visit today
    Hi Deb,Denise and Diane and everybody!
    Regarding the Megace, my onco told me today that he didn't think I could handle the side-effects from Tamoxofin since the ACT 16 chemos wiped me out. I was getting hotflashes constantly too and Megace stopped the hotflashes in only 2-3 days.. I still don't really know anything else about Megace as my oncologist isn't very chatty (my appts are always very quick!)
    I see him again in one month--he said we will discuss my daily headaches i've been getting -along with my new rib and hip pain i've had for the past 2 1/2 weeks. He wants to wait a month and see if it continues...I'm so happy he wasn't worried! Makes me feel relieved!
    Thank-you everyone for your willingness to share your experiences and knowledge on this site!!! Joyce
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Pinky68 said:

    Onco visit today
    Hi Deb,Denise and Diane and everybody!
    Regarding the Megace, my onco told me today that he didn't think I could handle the side-effects from Tamoxofin since the ACT 16 chemos wiped me out. I was getting hotflashes constantly too and Megace stopped the hotflashes in only 2-3 days.. I still don't really know anything else about Megace as my oncologist isn't very chatty (my appts are always very quick!)
    I see him again in one month--he said we will discuss my daily headaches i've been getting -along with my new rib and hip pain i've had for the past 2 1/2 weeks. He wants to wait a month and see if it continues...I'm so happy he wasn't worried! Makes me feel relieved!
    Thank-you everyone for your willingness to share your experiences and knowledge on this site!!! Joyce

    Welcome Pinky! Hoping your
    Welcome Pinky! Hoping your appointment went well for you!


    Hugs, Lex
  • Pinky68
    Pinky68 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

    Welcome Pinky! Hoping your
    Welcome Pinky! Hoping your appointment went well for you!


    Hugs, Lex

    Hi Lex
    Love your "moving pic" I'm going to have one of my kids put a picture above my name too. I'm very inedpt with computers!!!

    Do you think I should start a new thread asking about Megace? Wondering if I might get some more info....

    Thanks a bunch,
    Joycie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Pinky68 said:

    Hi Lex
    Love your "moving pic" I'm going to have one of my kids put a picture above my name too. I'm very inedpt with computers!!!

    Do you think I should start a new thread asking about Megace? Wondering if I might get some more info....

    Thanks a bunch,
    Joycie

    Joyce, I haven't heard of
    Joyce, I haven't heard of Megace either, so, starting a whole new thread asking if anyone knows anything about it might get you some responses.

    I would like to see what everyone says about it.

    And, Welcome Joycie!