Hugs for David and Cindy!

BenLenBo
BenLenBo Member Posts: 145 Member
Welcome,
Just wanted to post a response for you Cindy and David. Hopefully everything is
going better in your lives. You are one terrific caregiver to your son and he surely
appreciates everything you do for him. Prayers are with you and your family as
you venture onto the next phase in life. Stay strong, there are numerous people you are
helping with you posts about daily challenges good or bad.

May the Lord guide you, and embrace your family!

(((HUGS)))
Carol and Benjamin

Comments

• 4theloveofmysis
    4theloveofmysis Member Posts: 248
    Cindy
    Im here for you too Cindy.
    Brenda
  • Ditto on the hugs!
    Cindy and David, just wanted to echo the sentiments - we love and appreciate you, and we're praying for you. I posted an update on my Dave on your last post on the Brain Cancer page - just wanted to make sure you saw it. Thanks again for the bright light you hold up for the rest of us. Love, CindyO
  • cindysuetoyou
    cindysuetoyou Member Posts: 513
    unknown said:

Ditto on the hugs!
    Cindy and David, just wanted to echo the sentiments - we love and appreciate you, and we're praying for you. I posted an update on my Dave on your last post on the Brain Cancer page - just wanted to make sure you saw it. Thanks again for the bright light you hold up for the rest of us. Love, CindyO

Thank you
    Thank you for being on this board before I even posted here. It made me smile. I am so grateful for you guys. I feel like I'm not all alone on this nightmare journey.

CindyO, did you see my reply to you on the brain cancer page? I was so shocked and saddened to hear that your husband had died. I can't imagine how devastating and life changing this has been for you. I hope and pray that God gives you an extra measure of strength and grace for you to get through these terrible days. I am glad that you have a loving supportive family to help you carry your grief. I think of you often and pray for you.

David did a little better the last few days, and it helped me tremendously. I am so affected by how he is doing. If he is even a little better, I can smile and even laugh a little. When David is zoned out and doesn't respond, or if he's in pain, I drag around, weepy and subdued. He started having issues later this afternoon, but I am hoping and praying that he will be better in the morning after a good night's sleep.

Thank you again!
    Love and blessings,
    Cindy
  • cindysuetoyou
    cindysuetoyou Member Posts: 513
    unknown said:

Ditto on the hugs!

Thank you
    Thank you for being on this board before I even posted here. It made me smile. I am so grateful for you guys. I feel like I'm not all alone on this nightmare journey.

CindyO, did you see my reply to you on the brain cancer page? I was so shocked and saddened to hear that your husband had died. I can't imagine how devastating and life changing this has been for you. I hope and pray that God gives you an extra measure of strength and grace for you to get through these terrible days. I am glad that you have a loving supportive family to help you carry your grief. I think of you often and pray for you.

David did a little better the last few days, and it helped me tremendously. I am so affected by how he is doing. If he is even a little better, I can smile and even laugh a little. When David is zoned out and doesn't respond, or if he's in pain, I drag around, weepy and subdued. He started having issues later this afternoon, but I am hoping and praying that he will be better in the morning after a good night's sleep.

Thank you again!
    Love and blessings,
    Cindy
  • Thank you

Thank you again!
    Love and blessings,
    Cindy

Good to hear from you
    Hi Cindy, it's great to hear from you and to know that David is doing a little better. We all celebrate those good days, and you guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I did see your reply, and I appreciate your kindness in responding and praying for me as well. I haven't been on any of the boards lately - I tend to go in waves, and just check them sporadically.
    I'm doing well overall - I know my Dave's death came as a shock - I hadn't posted before he got sick again, and then everything happened so quickly, not only did I not have time, but I also didn't really have the heart to post discouraging news. I knew that the decline could happen quickly, but wow, it was incredibly fast. He went from using a cane to a walker to a wheelchair in a week, and was paralyzed on his left side shortly after that.
    We hoped that the surgery would buy him some more time, and I think it might have, but in the end, I think he was ready to go and that the Lord took him home as soon as he was ready. We had had some very sacred experiences where it was pretty obvious that he was supposed to cross the veil, but he fought it for a long time - months, in fact. It was really only the last 2 or 3 days when he began to accept it, but in the end, it was a peaceful time.
    I would describe our family's mood as sad but peaceful. I needed to know that the Lord heard my prayers, and that was shown to me over and over again. I finally decided that since He was hearing my prayers and not granting me the outcome I desired, that this situation must be His will. It was one thing to think that He was unaware of our suffering and our needs, but it was altogether different to realize that He knew of our heartbreak and was still allowing this to happen. There truly has been comfort in the midst of sorrow, and although I would describe the majority of the journey as overwhelmingly bitter with some small drops of sweet, the last couple of days were overwhelmingly sweet with some small drops of bitter. I'm grateful for the sweet time at the end. It's still hard to understand the scope of what has happened in our lives.
    I am blessed to have good support from friends and family, and I'm just giving myself time to rest, breathe and listen. We have our first grandchild coming in September, and it's comforting to have something positive to rejoice in. Most of the time the whole thing seems like a bad dream, and that Dave is on a business trip and will be home soon.
    I had read from others that eventually you begin to forget the bad and can finally remember some of the good times, and I had looked forward to that. I can see it gradually beginning to happen - that the bad times seem more dreamlike than the actual 28 years of day to day life we spent together. I'm grateful that the bad times seem to be slowly receding into the distance, and I'm trying to dwell more on the many good times instead.
    This whole journey is breathtaking, and I'm glad that we can lean on one another as we traverse the course. I'm thinking about you - from Texas to Oregon, cyber hugs are being sent your way. ;-) Love, Cindy