New Member - Very Scared

2»

Comments

• vdm13
    vdm13 Member Posts: 47

Update
    Vin, it sounds as if you're making all the right moves and I'm glad to hear you're using MAARS to good effect.

Re Sutent - I might get put on it, in which event I'll be happy to compare notes with you. Meanwhile, you can research how others have done/are doing on it by a simple word-search. At the top right of this page you'll see "Search CSN content". If you click on that link and input "Sutent" in the search field you'll get a host of threads to look into. You can get a more focused search via the box at top right of the screen where the kidney cancer threads, including this one, are listed. However, the general search will be good enough since Sutent is used primarily for kidney cancer, so you won't get many irrelevant hits with the more general search.

Kepp on fighting the good fight!

Sutent Approach
    TW, I feel a little uncomfortable commenting on Sutent this early in my treatment (Day 15 of Cycle 1) but I will tell you this: Once I got over the initial fear of taking that little pill, I have learned to embrace it as a friend. It is here to help me, after all. I have also included in my meditation (now MAARS enhanced) that my body is more than capable of handling any side effect it may throw at me. So far I've been lucky. A healthy coat of Bag Balm to the feet and hands morning and night seems to help too. I had some hot feet and hands, but no drying, cracking or peeling. Looking forward to (1) seeing how my body maintains during the second half of the cycle (I'm optimistic) and (2) my first 2 week break!

Thank you again for your continued support and encouragement. Happy to share progress and answer any questions I may be able to from my humble newbie position.

All the best,
    Vin