I stepped back in time about 5 weeks....

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

So John....your flushed face has a healthy
    look....like sunkissed. That's how mine looked on Weds...but Thursdat it was bright RED, and so swollen all my wrinkles disappeared, LOL...my lips were the hardest part tho, cuz they were fevered, and now they are too tender to drink water, or drink my food...been slathering them all day with Aquafor, just trying to keep them soft so they won't crack any more.

The last 5 days have been the most miserable I've been since I started this road trip (I think :) some things I don't remember all that well)...course maybe when my neck was fried took the top honor, but this is running a close second...

p

SunKissed...
    LOL, maybe now, not then...you can see the splotchy forehead..... maybe it was my true inner glow coming through.

I don't even think I had eye brows in that photo.

JG
  • NeoTheron91
    NeoTheron91 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Better soon
    It's a rough journey for sure but hang in there you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,
    Neo
  • nick770
    nick770 Member Posts: 195
    Options
    Best wishes and prayers sent
    So sorry to hear what has happened my hope is that you get this resolved quickly
    You may have felt like you have stepped back , but you are still moving forward
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    nick770 said:

Best wishes and prayers sent
    So sorry to hear what has happened my hope is that you get this resolved quickly
    You may have felt like you have stepped back , but you are still moving forward

Sorry Phrannie ..
    Hi Phrannie ...sorry took so long to respond to your post ..ceratainly hope you are feeling better ...whispered a prayer for you as I typed this post :)

Best,

Tim
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Tim6003 said:

Sorry Phrannie ..
    Hi Phrannie ...sorry took so long to respond to your post ..ceratainly hope you are feeling better ...whispered a prayer for you as I typed this post :)

Best,

Tim

Sun
    I seem to remember being told to avoid sunlight, and it was because of either the Cisplatin or 5-FU. Reckon your Drs shoulda told you.

As for the sick feeling- the Thrush is part of it, but the rest just might be the typical wonderful world of Cisplatin and 5-FU, Phrannie. Cisplatin is the Motherlode for H&N, and some say the 5-FU is just as bad. Just keep an eye on the body temp staying over 101- I was told that's what the Drs are looking for in guaging how well the body is dealing with it all. Mostly what you describe is just where the stuff they're giving you takes one, so don't be too alarmed by it all. This is all part of what makes H&N the second-harshest of C treatments, Phrannie, though some are spared the extremes.

kcass