Chemobrain and Chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy - Disability Retirement

Options
jonahrex98
jonahrex98 Member Posts: 23 Member
I am a ten-year survivor from breast cancer who has chemobrain and is only 45 years old. The fact that I have chemobrain and chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy is not an issue. There's no doubt about that. I have researched this for ten years trying to explain my weirdness to myself and others. They all think I'm crazy, even the doctors I believe. Now I've been caught up in my company's reorganization efforts, and I am expected to learn new tasks. It has been a year, and I am a complete failure at everything I do, at work and at home, because of chemobrain and chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy. I have 23 years in this federal organization, and I don't know what to do with myself. I believe they don't know what to do with me either. I have 12 more years before I can get my full pension. I was well respected in my job before treatment, and now I'm just useless to the organization. I am so tired of this. Most of my friends have taken the early out deal much to my agency's relief, and I have been just thrown away like old trash. Does anyone know how to prove my conditions and get disability retirement? I would be so grateful for any support.