I'm a mess-surgery on the 9th

Options
2»

Comments

• EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options

Done!
    The surgery went fine other than they could not find the sentinel node. So I will get the final pathology report on the breasts themselves tomorrow at my post op visit. I'm home - they kept me overnight because I have oxygen issues at night ever since the PE shower. But all that had gone well--they glued me because I do not do well with tape. However. The also left my IV at D5 (sugar water for the non medical) and I'm diabetic and could not figure out my high sugars! Then they wanted to keep me because they were too high. Finally convinced them that I can watch at home--LET ME OUT! They did. My kitties are happy to see me. I slept in my own bed and I'm OK. My one question: how did I have a bilateral mastectomy and gain 4 pounds?! **sigh**

Anyway, thanks for the well wished and I'll try to get a picture up with the pink hair!

Maureen

hair
    Apparently the computer and I are not getting along this morning. The hair pix is up on my expressions page but is too large for the profile pix and I haven't got the brains to fix it this morning.

And the tip about the shoelace (VickiSam?) for the drains has been wonderful.

Maureen
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options

hair
    Apparently the computer and I are not getting along this morning. The hair pix is up on my expressions page but is too large for the profile pix and I haven't got the brains to fix it this morning.

And the tip about the shoelace (VickiSam?) for the drains has been wonderful.

Maureen

:)
    Happy to hear all went so well except for your few minor issues! It is so good to be home to heal... I am glad you got your way! NOW TAKE IT EASY!! Don't over do.. take good care of yourself during this healing time. Sending {{hugs}}
    Sandy
  • kware
    kware Member Posts: 1
    Options

Done!
    The surgery went fine other than they could not find the sentinel node. So I will get the final pathology report on the breasts themselves tomorrow at my post op visit. I'm home - they kept me overnight because I have oxygen issues at night ever since the PE shower. But all that had gone well--they glued me because I do not do well with tape. However. The also left my IV at D5 (sugar water for the non medical) and I'm diabetic and could not figure out my high sugars! Then they wanted to keep me because they were too high. Finally convinced them that I can watch at home--LET ME OUT! They did. My kitties are happy to see me. I slept in my own bed and I'm OK. My one question: how did I have a bilateral mastectomy and gain 4 pounds?! **sigh**

Anyway, thanks for the well wished and I'll try to get a picture up with the pink hair!

Maureen

Maureen
    Gods answers prayers

Maureen
    Gods answers prayers and you had a bunch of them going for you.
    I had bilateral at 3:30 pm, went home next day at 11:45 AM with expanders.
    I have gained 23 lbs. Have been cancer free for 30 months.
    I just turn everday over to God and ask his will be done in my life.
    Congrats
    Kris
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    kware said:

Maureen
    Gods answers prayers

Maureen
    Gods answers prayers and you had a bunch of them going for you.
    I had bilateral at 3:30 pm, went home next day at 11:45 AM with expanders.
    I have gained 23 lbs. Have been cancer free for 30 months.
    I just turn everday over to God and ask his will be done in my life.
    Congrats
    Kris

had postop appt today
    No evidence of any disease other than the DCIS that was expected. So no more treatment-Yaaa!!! My drains are still in and will be removed Monday-not looking forward to that! But otherwise doing well. Not thrilled with the look of my chest but happy to be alive.

Maureen
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

had postop appt today
    No evidence of any disease other than the DCIS that was expected. So no more treatment-Yaaa!!! My drains are still in and will be removed Monday-not looking forward to that! But otherwise doing well. Not thrilled with the look of my chest but happy to be alive.

Maureen

Maureen....
    So glad things went well for you....and no more treatment...YEAH! Great news.. Please rest and recoup....be kind to yourself...you deserve it...keep us updated on your progress..

Hugs, Nancy