CISPLATIN AND HAIR LOSS

Options
2»

Comments

• ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options

Nope...
    all those pesky little hairs menopause happily delivered to my lip and chin are gone...no more plucking for me. I saw that as a hell of a trade off :)

p

No Bic for me
    Long Story Short, (maybe). My son bought me a cordless hair trimmer for Christmas. Since I had been cutting my own hair for years using a corded trimmer, I tried his. My hair was fairly long for an old man at the time so I just wanted to take a little off, thinking I was a pro using a trimmer corded or not off I went. I then looked in the mirror and saw I had messed up and now I had a nice little bald spot. I had no choice but to shave my head for the 1st time since I was 5. Needless to say I was in a little shock but there was nothing I could do. Surprisingly I got some compliments over the new look. Either way the point is I did not realize that it was going to be a glimpse of my future. My hair had grown back about 2 inches when I was diagnoised. Well 2 months later Im shaving my hair on purpose just to keep it off the pillow, I also shaved my beard and mustache of 30 years. So as I type this No hair, No Facial hair (I should say I have just a little hair growing back) As weird or scary as this may sound I remember saying after messing up the haircut and shaving my head "So this is what I would look like after Chemo, becareful what we say. But hey maybe God was just getting me ready for the new look, Ya that was it.
  • dsantor
    dsantor Member Posts: 19
    Options
    well-- I cut my hair short--
    well-- I cut my hair short-- and I did not loose my hair--I had lost my hair on the back of my neck from IMRT-- the first time -- Cisplatin the second time around was more distructive on my stomach than my hair!
  • dsantor
    dsantor Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Pam M said:

Cisplatin Innocent for Me
    Doc told me the Cisplatin and 5FU wouldn't do it, but that the taxotere would surely take my hair - it did. the Radiation bald patch looks to be permanent for me (mid ear to mid ear, across the back of my head) - doc told me it would be permanent.

I KNOW, though, that other folks have had their rads bald patch grow back.

mine grew back--I lost all
    mine grew back--I lost all of the back of my hair from radiation and it grew back thicker and curlier
  • NeoTheron91
    NeoTheron91 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Hair loss
    Yes I lost my hairs during chemo(Cisplatin+5FU) but it came back after 3 moths. One morning during shower, all my hairs were gone with the water and became BALD. :-)
    So don't worry too much about it.

Cheers,
    Neo
  • Paintslinger
    Paintslinger Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Gotee or Curled Moustache
    You're an artist aren't you......

JG

Hamburgler
    John,
    Funny you should mention that. I had a goatee a few years ago and people said that I looked like Colonel Sanders. I tried growing it back after my treatments and all I have left is the mustache and "soul patch". I actually did curl it up for a few days but everyone said that I looked like "The Hamburgler" (Remember him?)so I stopped that! Apparently I make people think of food.:)!
    Take care and I hope that you're all doing well,
    Paul
    P.S. Happy belated fourth everyone. Hope everyone had a nice holiday (Hey, we're HERE right?)