Prayers/Thoughts for those in fire and flood areas!

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
There are many in the areas flooded and in the fire areas that we need to think about. I am a Native Floridian where there are record floods going on now. I'm in the 'West' now. There are major fires burning (some of our crews have been sent to) and is a fire burning not too far from here that if the winds co-operate should be contained tonight. Thankfully this fire is not in an area of major pine beetle kill. There are many other fires that are not close to contained other areas.

So prayers/thoughts for our Sisters and Brothers who are in harms way. Also for all who are in harms way.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yes I too questioned
    how many of our members homes might be in peril from either disasters. Too bad the rain can't go to the site of the fire. How about it God. Can we please not even out the rain and make it of benefit to the fire victims. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Yes I too questioned
    how many of our members homes might be in peril from either disasters. Too bad the rain can't go to the site of the fire. How about it God. Can we please not even out the rain and make it of benefit to the fire victims. We ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

Too mucxh - too little
    Yes , it is bad that some have too much water and some of us need some bad. 3 yrs ago we came out of a 9 yr severe drought - we are now back in a mild drought. Do not want the heavy rain though. On June 9, 1972, a large T-storm sat over the Hills and dumped huge amounts of water which ultimately caused Canyon Lake dam to fail resulting in the 5th deadliest non hurricane flood in the US killing 237 people. So don't want a huge amount of water coming all at one time.

In many areas of the West, not only are dry conditions a problem but standing dead pine. There is a Pine Beetle epidemic in so much of the West. I hadn't been in the Hills for quite a while until a few weeks ago and was shocked at the vast expanse of dead trees. For the 2nd yr in a row there will be no fire works at Mt. Rushmore because not safe due to the acres upon acres of dead trees.

Anybody in these areas that can check in?

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of prayers
    My daughters house is in the pre-evac area north of Colorado Springs. She is in Tahoe this weekend then down to visit us in San Jose next week. We know they will be safe, she is just hoping to have a house to go home to!
    Crazy the curves life can throw you!

Cindy
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    mamolady said:

Lots and lots of prayers
    My daughters house is in the pre-evac area north of Colorado Springs. She is in Tahoe this weekend then down to visit us in San Jose next week. We know they will be safe, she is just hoping to have a house to go home to!
    Crazy the curves life can throw you!

Cindy

good news
    She should be fine. They have removed the preevac in Douglas county and are letting some pwople back in north Colorado Springs. 346 houses lost and one fatality so far--for Waldo Canyon. There are other fires in the state.

BTW, I'm in Denver and fine.

Maureen
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Prayers
    Yes, they all need our prayers. I was in Florida attending a conference during Debby. I've never seen so much rain. I know the west would really like to see it too. I'm in East TN and we haven't had rain in at least 3 weeks and none is in sight either. We are also hitting triple digits temp. wise. If this happens it usually isn't until late July or Aug. Old wives tale is that whatever the weather is on July 3 is what it will be all through Days Days. LOL

Janie
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    AMomNETN said:

Prayers
    Yes, they all need our prayers. I was in Florida attending a conference during Debby. I've never seen so much rain. I know the west would really like to see it too. I'm in East TN and we haven't had rain in at least 3 weeks and none is in sight either. We are also hitting triple digits temp. wise. If this happens it usually isn't until late July or Aug. Old wives tale is that whatever the weather is on July 3 is what it will be all through Days Days. LOL

Janie

Mamolady...
    I pray your daughter will have a home to return to...but glad she and her family will be safe with you...Nothing like a Mother's comfort ! And nothing like a Mother taking care of her flock....:) it's heartbreaking to see entire neighborhoods burned to the ground...looks like a bomb has been dropped on them...They've found another body today...how sad...

Continued prayers to all..
    Nancy