good news finally

Some of you know, my husband, Andy is fighting a metastasis to bone and liver. As you know, his cancer is no longer considered curable, but treatable. He has been on various treatments and in one clinical trial that worked for months but stopped and he showed disease progression. He has been on a new regimen and we got his PET scan results yesterday. All of his tumors have shrunk in both liver and bone! I hope this news can encourage any of you with mets to keep on fighting. There are lots of tools in the toolbox and no statistic matters. Individuals are unpredictable and I do believe that he can have many years ahead of him.
Not giving up,
Robinleigh

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    positive thoughts and prayers
    Hi robinleigh,

Nice to hear, hope is something we all share here.

Best,

Matt
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Robin.....this is
    wonderful news!! It's so encouraging, and I'm happy for both of you.

You're right....there's lots of tools, just have to find the right ones...praying for continued shrinkage of those tumors!!

p
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Robin & Andy
    Wonderful great news!!!!

Linda
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488

Robin.....this is
    wonderful news!! It's so encouraging, and I'm happy for both of you.

You're right....there's lots of tools, just have to find the right ones...praying for continued shrinkage of those tumors!!

p

Individual.
    Your right, everyone is a individual and what works for some might
    not work for others. I'm glad he has responded well to his treatment
    and I pray that it continues to shrink the tumors. Doctors are not GOD,
    miracles can an do happen everyday.

God bless
    Tonsil dad,

Dan.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Ex-EEEE-Lent...
    Great news, hoping for continued positive progress....

John
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Awesome
    Wonderful news. It is nice to hear something positive for a change. Keep it up. Karen
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Good news
    That's what we like to hear! Thank you for sharing.
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Good news
    That's what we like to hear! Thank you for sharing.
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    So happy you recieved good
    So happy you recieved good news. It does give us hope. I wish my husband would try some trials, his has spread to his lungs and he doesn't want to go through anymore chemo because the last one like to killed him. He is trying a vegan diet along with barley powder and carrot juice. Like you said, one of the many tools in the tool box.

I am praying that your husband continues to have good results.

Debbie
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    jim and i said:

So happy you recieved good
    So happy you recieved good news. It does give us hope. I wish my husband would try some trials, his has spread to his lungs and he doesn't want to go through anymore chemo because the last one like to killed him. He is trying a vegan diet along with barley powder and carrot juice. Like you said, one of the many tools in the tool box.

I am praying that your husband continues to have good results.

Debbie

Robin and Andy
    What awesome news for you - and for all of us :) Trust me, your post helps more than you'll ever know...I take that back - pretty sure you DO know. Thanks for sharing!
  • nick770
    nick770 Member Posts: 195
    great news
    Thanks for sharing! im glad you were able to find treatments that work well for him
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Thanks for sharing the good news.
    This lifts up all of us.

Deb
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    nick770 said:

great news
    Thanks for sharing! im glad you were able to find treatments that work well for him

Made my day!
    Robin & Andy,

Been following you guys throughout your journey. So glad to hear good news for you two! Keep up that positive attitude!

Positive thoughts headed your way
    Greg
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Great to Hear
    Robin:

So good to hear tumors have shrunk and you are so right, "Never give up". Everybody is different. When we learned about Charlie's mets (it's two years ago tomorrow that we learned the cancer had returned and the 8th is two years that we learned it had metestasized) both the rad and reg. onc. said everybody is different and usually weeks or months neither ever said x time to live. And as you well know, any hope whether big or small is huge in this fight! Keep up the good work! Prayers abounding! God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member

Great to Hear
    Robin:

So good to hear tumors have shrunk and you are so right, "Never give up". Everybody is different. When we learned about Charlie's mets (it's two years ago tomorrow that we learned the cancer had returned and the 8th is two years that we learned it had metestasized) both the rad and reg. onc. said everybody is different and usually weeks or months neither ever said x time to live. And as you well know, any hope whether big or small is huge in this fight! Keep up the good work! Prayers abounding! God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)

Happy for the news...
    Happy for the news Robin....

Thank you for sharing ... :)

Tim