Home from surgery

Momof2plusteentwins
Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
Home from surgery on Monday, the Drs said I was doing so well, walking, passing gas, (the important one!) and finally bowel movement. I had my rectal tumor removed, gallbladder, and liver tumor. I have 33 staples down my abdomen. The original plan was 7-10 days in hospital - I got out in 6 days, yay! I don't like hospitals, even though I work there. Surgery took 5 1/2 hours. Hopefully they got everything - dont have path report yet. I get a new port July 17 - my first port kinked and started leaking and is still in. Chemo starts July 17. Now is healing time, and I have the best family that is helping me. I feel lucky!
Sandy

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Right on Schedule...
    Just what the doctor ordered...

:)

Get well soon.
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    mom of 2+
    Yes you are lucky. Glad to hear all went well. Keep us posted on your continuing journey. GOOD LUCK !!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    I was told 7-10 days
    but I had the opposite experience with my surgery - 28 days in the hospital. However, 5 years later, I'm doing great!
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    abrub said:

I was told 7-10 days
    but I had the opposite experience with my surgery - 28 days in the hospital. However, 5 years later, I'm doing great!

Sounds like you're doing
    Sounds like you're doing great....but take it easy!!! From experience I did something too soon and now have a huge annoying hernia.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

Sounds like you're doing
    Sounds like you're doing great....but take it easy!!! From experience I did something too soon and now have a huge annoying hernia.

That's great
    I was nearly one month!
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Great news, now a word of
    Great news, now a word of advice. TAKE IT EASY!. When you start feeling better, don't be in a rush to do things. Let that lovely family continue to spoil you.
    Hugs,
    Judy
  • omrhill
    omrhill Member Posts: 125
    good news
    Good news and sounds like you're doing really well. And now that you're home, you can get some real rest. Treat yourself as good as you treat your own patients!
    Robin
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    excellent
    I'm so thrilled with your progress so fast and recovery so good. Like everyone says is to take it easy. Pray your recovery stays fast and furious. Jeff
  • Luckygirl2
    Luckygirl2 Member Posts: 308
    Great news!
    It is always good to get back to our bed and surroundings. As the others have said...don't over do! Let the family take care of you!

Take care!

Debbie
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205

Great news!
    It is always good to get back to our bed and surroundings. As the others have said...don't over do! Let the family take care of you!

Take care!

Debbie

Great news!
    Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sounds like you're doing great!
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

Great news!

Take care!

Debbie

Hi Sandy!
    Awesome news! You are doing great girl!!!! I'm with everyone else.....TAKE IT EASY NOW...... Rest time for you is critical right now. So happy the fam is there for support. You take care

Jennie
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    WTG! Our thoughts are with
    WTG! Our thoughts are with you for an easy recovery.

I never got out of the hospital in less then 8 days. You are doing well!

Best Always, mike
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Heal
    That is great news- sounds like things couldn't have gone any better. Now is the time to focus on healing so allow yourself to be looked after and regather your energies before the next stage of post op chemo. LEt us know when you get your path results as they are important in thinking about what next.

steve
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Welcome home!!!!
    Welcome home Sandy! Very glad that step is behind you now--whew!
    Those staples are Frankenstein looking aren't they? My daughters were intrigued by them.
    Btw, believe it, they don't hurt when they come out. Really and truly.
    Glad you are home.
    Take care,
    Tommycat
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Sounds like your a strong
    Sounds like your a strong person to get out of the hospital ahead of schedule. Keep walking.

Jeff
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Great
    Welcome Home. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Walk, walk, walk as this helps the healing process faster. Let everyone around you pamper you for awhile, you deserve it.

Kim
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member

Sounds like your a strong
    Sounds like your a strong person to get out of the hospital ahead of schedule. Keep walking.

Jeff

Thanks everyone!
    I am feeling better everyday. Getting staples out July 5th. Vitals were always great in hospital, never ran fever. It really does help telling everyone here what's going on, you truly understand what I am going through and can relate.