Hard Knot

Options
goinmed
goinmed Member Posts: 1
My husband has just discovered he has a hard, "knot, lump" in the middle of his chest...it is about as big as a big marble and there is no pain? Could this be a type of Breast Cancer???

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Get him...
    Get him to your doctor...don't take a "wait and see" attitude...breast cancer in men is on the rise...better to be safe than sorry! Most men let their "lump" go as beast cancer isn't even on their radar screen...I, personally, would want it biopsied...if for no other reason, peace of mind...My " lump" caused no pain.

Keep us posted
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Get him...
    Get him to your doctor...don't take a "wait and see" attitude...breast cancer in men is on the rise...better to be safe than sorry! Most men let their "lump" go as beast cancer isn't even on their radar screen...I, personally, would want it biopsied...if for no other reason, peace of mind...My " lump" caused no pain.

Keep us posted

Yes he needs to see a doctor
    Yes he needs to see a doctor.Call ASAP.I am glad you posted this.About 6 weeks ago my husband said he had a knot in that area. I need to make him a appt.I've saved his life 3 other times with heart problems and will this time if it is something.Just been up in the air about my sister who is having 4 breast biopsies next week.

A lady who lives near us has breast cancer.It was less than a year later her husband found a lump.He had a hard time putting his seat belt on and discovered the breast lump.The husband and wife went through chemo together.She is still living but he passed a year later.

Most of the time when men find a tumor it's to late.They don't think of themselves having breast cancer but it happens.We have a few men on our Board that were dx with it.

It will probably be hard getting your husband to the doctor. It will be hard for me to get mine to go. He just went through alot of testing(the last year) with the VA but never mentioned his lump.

Keep us posted

Lynn Smith
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MAJW said:

Get him...

Keep us posted

Yes, have him go to his
    Yes, have him go to his doctor and let us know what his doctor says.

Good luck,

lex
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Lump
    Doctor...Yes! Although dificult to get many men there, please try...show him these posts if needed. The BC that I was diagnosed with is called Secretory Carcinoma, it is a rare slow growing breast cancer, more commonly found in men and children. It often goes undetected for many years...treated usually with surgery. A lump can be many things though, another problem especially in men that can cause a lump in the area below the neck is Thyroid issues. I will pray that it is something minor and easily treated, please let us know how things turn out.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I agree with the other
    I agree with the other ladies here, he should see a doctor. Keep in mind, you've asked a group of people with breast cancer if this is a possibility...because of our history that's the first thing that comes to mind for us. There are other possibilities, but you won't know until you get him to a doctor. For me the peace of mind that comes with knowing is worth the angst of seeing the doctor.

Hugs,

Linda
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Not all men's BC is slow growing
    I am glad there are slow growing ones like eitak was saying. There are also some faster growing versions around as well for men. It could well be nothing big on the other hand if it were one of the fast growing men's breast cancer you will be glad you jumped on it fast.