My sister

Options
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
I have put this off.Mother's Day my sister told me she found a lump.I told her to make a appt.She had a mammo.4 tumors 2 on each side. She was in the middle of changing insurance companies.Soon she made a appt with a doctor.He told her the breast center was concerned about one breast but both needed biopsies.She calls to make a appt.They are booked for 3 weeks.I told her to find another breast center.She said she will wait.

IF she has breast cancer that will be 4 of us.Still hoping she doesn't.My mom at 21(a 60 year survivor), my niece at 30(7 year survivor) and me at 62 (3 year survivor).Now a possibilty my sister the same age as me when dx.

It won't be for a week or more when I get the news.She goes next Tues for her 4 biopsies.They told her to plan on being there 2-3 hours.I know it took one hour for my one breast and 5 samples were taken.I can't imagine 4 tumors and how much they will take.

Will let my Pink Sisters know something next week or so. I'm worried.

Lynn Smith

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Praying for your sister
    Praying for your sister Lynn.

Hugs, Kylez
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Breaking the chain
    I am sending tons and tons of good vibes for your
    sister and hoping that her biopsy will not turn out
    to be cancerous!!!

Hugs;,
    Ayse
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sorry she has to wait
    I can't believe it is going to take that long, but nothing surprises me these days. Usually if it's initially diagnosed they do it within a week. Three seems pretty long to me. I will pray for her. That is the one thing that always worries me about my daughter. My Aunt had it at 60, I had it at 41, and my mom had it at 74. It must be very difficult to all be in the same immediate family though. I'm so sorry. Wishing you all the best.

Terry
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. I
    So sorry to hear this. I have to say that your sister will have the best support team around. You all will be able to answer her questions so truthfully and factually.

Please know I will pray for you and your sister AND your family to keep the faith. Your family has been sorely tested. It seems you come from a very strong family. Hold onto that knowledge as your sister takes the journey.

God Bless...know that I am sending positive energy your way. You can do this (that's for your sister)

xoxo
    Mary
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. I
    So sorry to hear this. I have to say that your sister will have the best support team around. You all will be able to answer her questions so truthfully and factually.

Please know I will pray for you and your sister AND your family to keep the faith. Your family has been sorely tested. It seems you come from a very strong family. Hold onto that knowledge as your sister takes the journey.

God Bless...know that I am sending positive energy your way. You can do this (that's for your sister)

xoxo
    Mary
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

So sorry to hear this. I

xoxo
    Mary

Lynn...
    Will keep you and your sister in my prayers...

Hugs, Nany
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

So sorry to hear this. I

xoxo
    Mary

Lynn...

Hugs, Nancy
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Lynn...

Hugs, Nancy

Thank You so much
    Thank You so much for your concern.My sister is a strong one I guess.Always seems to act like nothings wrong.I told her there is more than one place to get a mammo if the one she wants is so full. She is non chalat. Always seems that nothing is serious.Takes things like it is. Me I am like all of us and freak out. She isn't emotional. Acts strong.just not sure how she will be if it is cancer.

My sister told me before she told her kids.She decided it would be at the Mother's Day Picnic.

Probably won't know anything till maybe the end of next week. When she told me she found the lump she said it was large but they've found 3 more. 2 in each breast.

Like someone else said it's worrisome to have so many in the family. My concern is my 4 granddaughters.I had one living with me the last month.She got upset with her mom and I've told her the last couple years to do self exams. I know a young teen who had a double masectomy at 16 with pre cancer tumors.I know of others who were dx in their 20's and it was soon after giving birth. One was breast feeding.That had to be a shock.

All I can say this is a long wait.Will inform everyone when she gets her results.

Thank You again for your concerns,

Lynn Smith
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mom62 said:

Sorry she has to wait
    I can't believe it is going to take that long, but nothing surprises me these days. Usually if it's initially diagnosed they do it within a week. Three seems pretty long to me. I will pray for her. That is the one thing that always worries me about my daughter. My Aunt had it at 60, I had it at 41, and my mom had it at 74. It must be very difficult to all be in the same immediate family though. I'm so sorry. Wishing you all the best.

Terry

Hoping and praying that this
    Hoping and praying that this will not be cancer for your sister.

Big hugs for you!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mom62 said:

Sorry she has to wait

Terry

double post means double
    double post means double prayers
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

So sorry to hear this. I

xoxo
    Mary

Positive thoughts and
    Positive thoughts and prayers for your sister.

Hugs, Debby
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Lynn...

Hugs, Nany

Prayers, positive thoughts,
    Prayers, positive thoughts, cyber hugs and anything else you need for your sister.

Hugs, Noel
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

double post means double
    double post means double prayers

I have a sister, so, I know
    I have a sister, so, I know how you feel. I am sending many prayers for yours.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Thank You so much
    Thank You so much for your concern.My sister is a strong one I guess.Always seems to act like nothings wrong.I told her there is more than one place to get a mammo if the one she wants is so full. She is non chalat. Always seems that nothing is serious.Takes things like it is. Me I am like all of us and freak out. She isn't emotional. Acts strong.just not sure how she will be if it is cancer.

My sister told me before she told her kids.She decided it would be at the Mother's Day Picnic.

Probably won't know anything till maybe the end of next week. When she told me she found the lump she said it was large but they've found 3 more. 2 in each breast.

Like someone else said it's worrisome to have so many in the family. My concern is my 4 granddaughters.I had one living with me the last month.She got upset with her mom and I've told her the last couple years to do self exams. I know a young teen who had a double masectomy at 16 with pre cancer tumors.I know of others who were dx in their 20's and it was soon after giving birth. One was breast feeding.That had to be a shock.

All I can say this is a long wait.Will inform everyone when she gets her results.

Thank You again for your concerns,

Lynn Smith

It is so sad that it seems
    It is so sad that it seems our pink sisters are getting younger and younger when diagnosed. I will be watching for your update on your sister.

Hugs to you Lynn,

Kylez
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

So sorry to hear this. I

xoxo
    Mary

Praying for your sister and
    Praying for your sister and also sending hugs to you!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Praying for your sister and
    Praying for your sister and also sending hugs to you!

Prayers and positive energy
    to you and your sister, Lynn. Hoping all goes well.

Hugs, Renee
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    missrenee said:

Prayers and positive energy
    to you and your sister, Lynn. Hoping all goes well.

Hugs, Renee

Prayers and hugs for you
    Prayers and hugs for you two!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Prayers and hugs for you
    Prayers and hugs for you two!

Your sister acting so strong
    Your sister acting so strong on the outside is probably scared to death inside and just doesn't want you to know. You are a good sister and I know will help her so much!

Wishing her good luck and I will be praying for her.

Hugs, Jan