I am new pt triple negative...Initial 2chemos did not work.....

JaneMM
JaneMM Member Posts: 2
I am a new BC stage 2 grade 3 triple negative ,I had 2 chemos A/C that did not work because the tumor was still fast growing... about 3.5 mm. I had than bilateral mastectomy last May. I also had 2 TAXOL rounds prior surgery that decreased the size of tumor.Now I have the expanders and I am just dealing with the pain...a long healing process. This week I will need to continue 10 rounds of Taxol to complete 12 sessions and then I will have 4 cycles of Carboplatin... I just wish it was over....Starting chemo again is making sad :(
I wanted to know if anyone had the same kind of treatment I am having?

Comments

• salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    TN here
    I am also triple negative however my chemo worked very well. 6 rounds of TAC then my bi-lateral mastectomy. I am dealing with one drain still and the expanders. I had no idea the expanders would hurt as they do! Good luck and positive thoughts for you as you continue your treatments.
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Me & TNBC
    Hi Jane,

I was diagnosed with TNBC in 12/2009 - Stage IIa, grade 3. I had a right mastectomy (with expander inserted) followed by 4 rounds of A/C and then 12 rounds of Taxotere. I did not have any radiation. I had the exchange surgery in 6/2011 and revision reconstruction surgery in 12/2011. I am considered by my oncologist to be in remission and am on what he calls "observation status." Chemo was a rough road and there were certainly days where I thought I could not do it anymore - but I did. I have never been sicker for longer in my entire life. There really was no choice but to continue if I wanted to beat down this dreadful disease and live. I had a husband, 2 teenage children and a golden retriever who needed me. There are many of us on this discussion board who have been just where you are right now. You can always come here to rant, whine and cry.

IRENE
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm sorry you've had the
    I'm sorry you've had the need to find us. I have found this group to be amazing...generous, kind, compassionate people who truly care. I'm pretty sure I would be completely nutso without the support of this group.

I'm triple neg inflammatory breast cancer, stage III at initial dx in Aug 2010. I didn't do reconstruction so I don't have any advice for you there. I do hope the taxol is easier for you and more effective than the A/C. Please come back and let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    salls41 said:

TN here
    I am also triple negative however my chemo worked very well. 6 rounds of TAC then my bi-lateral mastectomy. I am dealing with one drain still and the expanders. I had no idea the expanders would hurt as they do! Good luck and positive thoughts for you as you continue your treatments.

Jane, I was lucky and didn't
    Jane, I was lucky and didn't have to take chemo. I am sending a warm welcome to you and sending hugs and prayers.

Hugs, Angie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Me & TNBC
    Hi Jane,

I was diagnosed with TNBC in 12/2009 - Stage IIa, grade 3. I had a right mastectomy (with expander inserted) followed by 4 rounds of A/C and then 12 rounds of Taxotere. I did not have any radiation. I had the exchange surgery in 6/2011 and revision reconstruction surgery in 12/2011. I am considered by my oncologist to be in remission and am on what he calls "observation status." Chemo was a rough road and there were certainly days where I thought I could not do it anymore - but I did. I have never been sicker for longer in my entire life. There really was no choice but to continue if I wanted to beat down this dreadful disease and live. I had a husband, 2 teenage children and a golden retriever who needed me. There are many of us on this discussion board who have been just where you are right now. You can always come here to rant, whine and cry.

IRENE

I am sorry the 2 chemos
    I am sorry the 2 chemos didn't work. We're here for you, to support, encourage and listen.

Hugs, Diane
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I'm sorry you've had the
    I'm sorry you've had the need to find us. I have found this group to be amazing...generous, kind, compassionate people who truly care. I'm pretty sure I would be completely nutso without the support of this group.

I'm triple neg inflammatory breast cancer, stage III at initial dx in Aug 2010. I didn't do reconstruction so I don't have any advice for you there. I do hope the taxol is easier for you and more effective than the A/C. Please come back and let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Linda

Just wondering how you are
    Just wondering how you are Jane. Hoping that you are feeling better. Post an update when you can.

Gentle hugs,

Angie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Angie2U said:

Just wondering how you are
    Just wondering how you are Jane. Hoping that you are feeling better. Post an update when you can.

Gentle hugs,

Angie

Jane ...
    Sweet Sister~ Everyone has said such eloquent things...and I echo them all. As
    wonderful as we all are, I think I am not going out on a limb by saying none of
    us ever wanted to be HERE~ battling with and talking about Cancer. It has
    affected so much of our lives, as you know only too well. And whereas we can be
    scream, kick, have intimate conversations without judgement, and at time share
    a joke or two... Bottom line is, we have all been altered by this
    disease, or as some refer .. the beast.

Wish that I had The Magic for us all....but of course, I do not. I hope that
    venting and being so brutally honest was cathartic for you, and I for one am
    pleased that you feel the safe haven of this room to do just that. If this place
    isn't the true definition of support, I don't know what is.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Bar_B
    Bar_B Member Posts: 27
    TNBC
    I found a lump 11/9/09 and it took until 12/22/09 to get chemo started. By then it was 2.5 cm, grade 3, stage II and I started 16 weeks of chemo - carboplatin was in the first round. Then I had a double mastectomy (24 yo daughter's advice was - you don't need them anymore, Mom, get rid of them!) with reconstruction, so I avoided radiation. I went another 8 weeks with the "Red Devil" as the nurses so named the chemo I was taking.

I have now been out of treatment since the end of July, 09.

I am still struggling with the "chemo brain," neuropathy in my feet, fatigue, etc.

One thing that helped me was singing hymns, especially "Because He Lives" by the Gaithers.
    Chorus goes -
    Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
    Because He lives, all fear is gone;
    Because I know He holds the future,
    And life is worth the living,
    Just because He lives!

This got me through those days I didn't feel like living anymore - and I still have those days.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope I haven't offended you by sharing this.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Bar_B said:

TNBC
    I found a lump 11/9/09 and it took until 12/22/09 to get chemo started. By then it was 2.5 cm, grade 3, stage II and I started 16 weeks of chemo - carboplatin was in the first round. Then I had a double mastectomy (24 yo daughter's advice was - you don't need them anymore, Mom, get rid of them!) with reconstruction, so I avoided radiation. I went another 8 weeks with the "Red Devil" as the nurses so named the chemo I was taking.

I am still struggling with the "chemo brain," neuropathy in my feet, fatigue, etc.

One thing that helped me was singing hymns, especially "Because He Lives" by the Gaithers.
    Chorus goes -
    Just because He lives!

This got me through those days I didn't feel like living anymore - and I still have those days.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope I haven't offended you by sharing this.

Barb...
    Please either talk to your primary care physician or your Onc about the neuropathy in your feet...there's great medication ...I have it in my breasts, due to overlapping rads...long story.. I was just in so much pain from it..like I was on fire...I actually cried from the pain and I'm not a crier....I was prescribed Gabapentin...it changed my life! I also have it in my feet...they tingle now and then a a very small area is numb...but no pain...

If you're unaware of Gabapentin, talk to your doctors...

Wishing you the best!
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Bar_B
    Bar_B Member Posts: 27
    MAJW said:

Barb...
    Please either talk to your primary care physician or your Onc about the neuropathy in your feet...there's great medication ...I have it in my breasts, due to overlapping rads...long story.. I was just in so much pain from it..like I was on fire...I actually cried from the pain and I'm not a crier....I was prescribed Gabapentin...it changed my life! I also have it in my feet...they tingle now and then a a very small area is numb...but no pain...

If you're unaware of Gabapentin, talk to your doctors...

Wishing you the best!
    Hugs, Nancy

Yes...
    I do take that med... it helps! Sorry to hear you had to bear so much pain. Thank you, Nancy! - Barb
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

Jane ...
    Sweet Sister~ Everyone has said such eloquent things...and I echo them all. As
    wonderful as we all are, I think I am not going out on a limb by saying none of
    us ever wanted to be HERE~ battling with and talking about Cancer. It has
    affected so much of our lives, as you know only too well. And whereas we can be
    scream, kick, have intimate conversations without judgement, and at time share
    a joke or two... Bottom line is, we have all been altered by this
    disease, or as some refer .. the beast.

Wish that I had The Magic for us all....but of course, I do not. I hope that
    venting and being so brutally honest was cathartic for you, and I for one am
    pleased that you feel the safe haven of this room to do just that. If this place
    isn't the true definition of support, I don't know what is.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Thinking of you too Jane and
    Thinking of you too Jane and praying for you!

Hugs, Lex
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Seeing as though
    You are having so much trouble, I vote that you get good results once this is done.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Bar_B said:

TNBC

Chorus goes -
    Just because He lives!

Jane, I am very sorry to
    Jane, I am very sorry to read about the pain you are having. I want to wish you good luck with chemo. Pop in and update us when you can.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Bar_B said:

TNBC

Chorus goes -
    Just because He lives!

Lots of positive thoughts,
    Lots of positive thoughts, cyber hugs and prayers. I love what Bar_b wrote! I think we all can use those words.

Hugs, Leeza