A wonderful story to share

Options
sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
Yesterday, on the sixth day of staying with my sister in the hospital, I ventured out for my dinner. The hospital is a block from Syracuse University and, therefore has endless eateries. I chose Chipotle - I love Mexican, and it smelled incredible when I opened the door.

I had never been to this chain before and wasn't quite sure what the options were and the spiciness factor of the choices. The sweetest young man - the manager as it turns out - took time, explained, etc. I was also getting a meal for my BIL (a whole 'nother story, there) anyway, I declined the gucamole for myself and stated that I certainly wasn't going to get anything that cost extra for him 'cuz her was on my sh*t list. The young man laughed and I explained that my sister had had a heart attack and that I blamed it partly/mostly on her husband. I also mentioned that it was day 6 and I was cranky and very tired.

And then, after this sweetiepie bagged our meal, he paid for it himself! Of course, I just burst into tears and then he came around and hugged me - a real hug, patted my back...

So, if you know anyone in the Syracuse, NY area - send them to Chipotle on Marshall St (no, not for a free meal!) just tell them to say 'Thank you' to Daniel.

Comments

• epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    That is a wonderful
    That is a wonderful story...it's great to know there are still people out there with a big heart.

Eva
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Love this
    I love hearing stories like this. It reminds me that there still are good people out there that aren't all wrapped up in themselves.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I've always liked Chipotle,
    I've always liked Chipotle, good service and good food. And what a compassionate person Daniel is...thank you for sharing your happy story. I hope your sister continues to improve.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I've always liked Chipotle,
    I've always liked Chipotle, good service and good food. And what a compassionate person Daniel is...thank you for sharing your happy story. I hope your sister continues to improve.

Hugs,

Linda

That was nice
    That was nice of Daniel.Even came around to give you a hug.You needed it and he knew it. Hope your sister is doing better.

I go to Taco Bell alot.I get the same thing most of the time.The other day I ordered the usual but added a small Sierra Mist.I got to the window.When he told me the cost I said "Oh no I think that's wrong".He said we didn't charge you for the drink.I thought why then DA I am a senior citizen.I forget about free drinks for seniors.LOL

Lynn Smith
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    Options
    That is really nice
    What cuties your doggies are!!! and your story rocks! Its just like the commercial where someone does something kind not knowing that someone else is watching and then they also do something kind. And now you have told all of us and we will pay it forward too.

Hugs too...in fact...GROUP HUG!
    Rebecca
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Options
    Love your story! I usually
    Love your story! I usually don't go 'downtown'..but if I do.. I will be sure to ask for Daniel and relay the story. I may have to go there now just to do that!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Soul food??
    I loved this story Sue, what a remarkable
    and compassionate man.... it just makes you
    feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for
    sharing!!

I really hope your sister is doing alright,
    keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    How Nice
    We need more people like that in the world. Maybe then we could have peace.

Terry
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    thanks for sharing
    I always feel good when I give rather than receiving. I love getting gifts from folks but giving gifts just makes my heart so full.

This young man has a wonderful heart. How was the meal? Inquiring minds need to know.

Again, thanks for sharing and I hope your sister is doing better.

xoxo
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

thanks for sharing
    I always feel good when I give rather than receiving. I love getting gifts from folks but giving gifts just makes my heart so full.

This young man has a wonderful heart. How was the meal? Inquiring minds need to know.

Again, thanks for sharing and I hope your sister is doing better.

xoxo

If you can, share that story with their corporate office
    Sue,

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful gesture -- my little heart cockles are all warm now!

There's a Chipotle near my new office, and I've loved everything I've ordered there -- I'm going to make an effort to eat there even more, if they're the kind of company that employs kind people like Daniel!

Sue, I know you have so much on your plate now -- but, when things calm down for you, please consider sharing your story with Chipotle's corporate offices. Most businesses that serve the public only hear from customers when there's a problem -- I'm sure Chipotle has a department of people who do nothing all day but deal with customer problems and complaints. It would make their day to hear something so positive, and would almost certainly be put in Daniel's personnel file for future promotions.

Chipotle's website (www.chipotle.com) as a "Talk to Us" link -- then just click on "Email Us."

Just a suggestion,

Traci
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

If you can, share that story with their corporate office
    Sue,

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful gesture -- my little heart cockles are all warm now!

There's a Chipotle near my new office, and I've loved everything I've ordered there -- I'm going to make an effort to eat there even more, if they're the kind of company that employs kind people like Daniel!

Sue, I know you have so much on your plate now -- but, when things calm down for you, please consider sharing your story with Chipotle's corporate offices. Most businesses that serve the public only hear from customers when there's a problem -- I'm sure Chipotle has a department of people who do nothing all day but deal with customer problems and complaints. It would make their day to hear something so positive, and would almost certainly be put in Daniel's personnel file for future promotions.

Chipotle's website (www.chipotle.com) as a "Talk to Us" link -- then just click on "Email Us."

Just a suggestion,

Traci

Traci, I did email Chipotle
    Gave Daniel a warm & fuzzy, glowing recommendation. When I recount my sister's story, I always include 'and then! I had the most wonderful thing happen..'

Working with the public, and in health care, I always praise and thank people who take time, are compassionate, etc. A kind word can do so much - just 2 days before my surgery, one of the patients I was registering complimented me with very kind and sincere words. I thought about those words many times during recovery.

I'll be back in Syracuse this weekend, and guess where I'm going? I'm bring some flowers from my garden.

Sue
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Traci, I did email Chipotle
    Gave Daniel a warm & fuzzy, glowing recommendation. When I recount my sister's story, I always include 'and then! I had the most wonderful thing happen..'

Working with the public, and in health care, I always praise and thank people who take time, are compassionate, etc. A kind word can do so much - just 2 days before my surgery, one of the patients I was registering complimented me with very kind and sincere words. I thought about those words many times during recovery.

I'll be back in Syracuse this weekend, and guess where I'm going? I'm bring some flowers from my garden.

Sue

This is a wonderful story!
    This is a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

This is a wonderful story!
    This is a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!

Love it!
    It's so nice to know there are wonderful people out there like Daniel. Thanks for Sharing!

Hugs, Debi
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

How Nice
    We need more people like that in the world. Maybe then we could have peace.

Terry

This is such a great story!
    This is such a great story! I also wish there more people like that!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    epark said:

That is a wonderful
    That is a wonderful story...it's great to know there are still people out there with a big heart.

Eva

What a great story! And, it
    What a great story! And, it is nice to know there are angels out there!