Your prayers are starting to work

Options
HootieGirl
HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
Hi wonderful ladies!

I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for your kind words, support, and most of all PRAYERS! A few months ago I was told that my cancer had become terminal. Its hard for me to put into words just how devastated I was. At 21 years old, this is not how I pictured my life to look like, but I am so grateful for every experience that God has put me through because it has completely changed my life.

I came home from my European vacation (which was one of the most incredible experiences ever) a week and a half early because the tumors on my leg were growing so rapidly and protruding from my skin. What we previously thought was a cyst was in fact a tumor and had grown to be 22 cm long and was deep into my prosthetic. It was 11x5in so it was pretty massive. I had surgery on Wednesday and my surgeon tried to ressect as much of the tumor as possible while still leaving enough muscle so I would be able to walk again.

The surgery took over 3 1/2 hours and the surgeon came out with incredible news. My tumor was growing on my IT Band, so she was able to remove everything without taking out any muscle. In addition, my pet scan showed that not only were there no new mets, but all of the previous mets that were treated with high dose radiation have either shrunk or disappeared completely. After my incision has fully healed, I will start radiation treatments and they are expecting me to go into remission soon after.

I'm honestly in shock. I have been praying for a miracle and that is exactly what has happened. I feel so blessed and grateful. I can't even imagine what it will feel like to finally have my life back. I can't thank you girls enough for all of your prayers and support. My boyfriend is taking me on a trip to Hawaii in 3 weeks to celebrate, just the two of us. Just wanted to share my amazing news with you girls!! I continue to pray for y'all always and hope your lives continue to be blessed!

Kat

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Miracle Lady!
    If anyone deserved a miracle, you did Kat. I am so happy to read your most wonderful news. Heal and then enjoy Hawaii.

Best,

Doris
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Wow!!
    I am so grateful to hear your news - I have been praying up a storm! I hope you continue to have miracles and healing coming your way! Enjoy Hawaii - it's paradise!

Prayers work!

Hugs!
    Karen
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Wow!!
    I am so grateful to hear your news - I have been praying up a storm! I hope you continue to have miracles and healing coming your way! Enjoy Hawaii - it's paradise!

Prayers work!

Hugs!
    Karen

Wonderful news!
    The Amazing Kat! We'll keep those prayers and all the good mojo coming your way. Be well and enjoy Hawaii.

Suzanne
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Wow!!

Prayers work!

Hugs!
    Karen

Yay!!!!
    This is the best news I've heard in a long time!! I'm so happy about this.

Have a wonderful Hawaiian vacation.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Miracles do Happen
    I am thrilled for you! Miracles do happen and you are living proof. God is good. Thank you for updating us and have a blast in Hawaii.

Hugs and much love to you and yours.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Yay!!!!
    This is the best news I've heard in a long time!! I'm so happy about this.

Have a wonderful Hawaiian vacation.

xoxo
    Victoria

Kat very happy for you
    Absolutely the best miracle.
    Congratulations
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    ksf56 said:

Wow!!

Prayers work!

Hugs!
    Karen

That is one of the best news
    That is one of the best news any of us can hear...my heart is bursting in happiness...Kat God does answer prayers and works wonderful miracles....Enjoy your vacation if anyone deserve it it's difinetly is you....

Take care and God Bless
    Eva
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Kat .... THIS IS WONDERFUL!
    Kat .... THIS IS WONDERFUL! You have been through soooooooooo much and handled it all with grace and dignity.

You are blessed. I am so happy to read your news.

I ask all of our pink sisters to do the HAPPY DANCE with you.

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Kat .... THIS IS WONDERFUL!
    Kat .... THIS IS WONDERFUL! You have been through soooooooooo much and handled it all with grace and dignity.

You are blessed. I am so happy to read your news.

I ask all of our pink sisters to do the HAPPY DANCE with you.

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooo happy for you!
    Kat,

Reading your news brought me to tears. God is good and you sure deserve any miracle you are given! I am sooooo happy for you and the fact that you get to celebrate in Hawaii. I love, love , love to hear good news especially for you having endured so much at such a young age and handled everything with grace.

Penny
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Penny67 said:

Sooooooooooooo happy for you!
    Kat,

Reading your news brought me to tears. God is good and you sure deserve any miracle you are given! I am sooooo happy for you and the fact that you get to celebrate in Hawaii. I love, love , love to hear good news especially for you having endured so much at such a young age and handled everything with grace.

Penny

Hootie Girl
    This is fantastic news.I always say "Believe in Miracles".They can happen.I also thought if a miracle can happen it will happen to you. You're so young to be going through this. Now I wish Miracles like this for all who are going through hard times with this dreaded disease.

I now wish a miracle for someone I know who was dx with cancer in the last few weeks.I just found out today.She was supporting when I talked about my cancer at a meeting a few years ago.
    She found out a couple weeks she has cancer but not sure about her prognosis.I just know I'm praying for a miracle.

Have fun on your trip with your boyfriend. He wants you away from all the trauma. You can relax and be with one another.

Check back with us after you get back.We're all thinking of you.

Lynn Smith
  • prettywoman513
    prettywoman513 Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wonderful News
    I am so happy to hear your good news. I have been so worried about you after your last post. You were so down and depressed, rightfully so, that i was in tears for you. I am thankful for your remission and my prayers for you will not stop. You are a kind, beautiful, strong woman! You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Wonderful News
    I am so happy to hear your good news. I have been so worried about you after your last post. You were so down and depressed, rightfully so, that i was in tears for you. I am thankful for your remission and my prayers for you will not stop. You are a kind, beautiful, strong woman! You are an inspiration to all of us.

Yeah!!!!!!
    We love, love, love hearing about your miracle!!!!!! Prayers are heard and answered.....you've had so many who have never laid eyes on you praying for you....I think all the women on this board have "taken you under our wing" and stormed the gates of Heaven with prayers for you..

I had my own "miracle" last week...

Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can experience all that Hawaii has to offer..you'll love it there...Maui is my favorite..
    Big hugs, Nancy
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Kat
    Thank you so much for the good news. We have all been so worried about you and praying for a miracle. You truly are amazing!

HUGS and tears of joy!!!
    Jamie
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    Prayer is powerful
    I love reading about the power of prayer! So happy for you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Kat
    Thank you so much for the good news. We have all been so worried about you and praying for a miracle. You truly are amazing!

HUGS and tears of joy!!!
    Jamie

Kit-Kat!!!
    YAHOOOO ...my heart and soul are filled with joy! I can only imagine
    what you, your parents, friends and boyfriend are experiencing!

Continued prayers for a safe and speedy recovery --!

You deserve all the happiness, life has to offer. Savor, and enjoy
    this GREAT news!

May the 'Miracles' from above, continue to flow from Heaven above and
    reach many of our Sisters and Brother in PINK.

Vicki Sam
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
    I've got nothing more to say because I am thrilled beyond words. Great great news, Kat.

I'm hoping that things continue on to a remission as soon as possible!

All the Best,
    Clementine
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Couldn't be happier
    Kat this has to be some of the most wonderful news you could share.

You've gone through all of this with such grace, you deserve only the best of everything.

Keep us posted and we'll keep praying.

marge
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options

Couldn't be happier
    Kat this has to be some of the most wonderful news you could share.

You've gone through all of this with such grace, you deserve only the best of everything.

Keep us posted and we'll keep praying.

marge

AWESOME!
    Kat, I'm so HAPPY to hear your news, Have the BEST time ever on your vacation!
    Lots of HUGS....Karie
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    :)
    Kat – I said it before and I say it again, you are an inspiration to all of us. I’ve shared your story with others who also pray for you, and they are SO happy for you. They cried over your news..from happiness. Prayers will continue for your FULL RECOVERY and long blessed life. You rock sweet (pink) sister! <3
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Yippee!!! Yippeee!!! Both
    Yippee!!! Yippeee!!! Both you and RE with good news...I hope the trend continues!!!

Happy Hugs,

Linda