Lump on my inner thigh

Hi, I must finished my Chemo and Radiation. Interal in May I was Stage 1A.
This morning I noticed a small lump on my back inner thigh,, I totally freaked out. Called my doctor got a apt tomorrow. Has anyone here experienced this. It's hard and a little larger than a pea.
I examine my body daily so I didn't notice this
When I was getting radiation, in April, I had a Batholiam cyst right on my vulvar, that came to head and drained, but that was painful.
Any input "sisters"
Irene

Comments

• fanniemay
    fanniemay Member Posts: 53
    Lump
    Hi Irene, I sent you an email recently regarding my update. Radiation was painful for me. I would definitely have the lump checked out. Better to be safe than sorry. I have a lump on my back which I check out daily. Will have to tell the dr. about it, even if I feel silly doing it. Once we have any type of cancer we are definitely more in tune with out bodies and check all over for lumps. Does stress over it, it is probably just fatty tissue. You are in my prayers! PS: can't believe how much alike we are. Love, Edith
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    fanniemay said:

Lump
    Hi Irene, I sent you an email recently regarding my update. Radiation was painful for me. I would definitely have the lump checked out. Better to be safe than sorry. I have a lump on my back which I check out daily. Will have to tell the dr. about it, even if I feel silly doing it. Once we have any type of cancer we are definitely more in tune with out bodies and check all over for lumps. Does stress over it, it is probably just fatty tissue. You are in my prayers! PS: can't believe how much alike we are. Love, Edith

Lipoma?
    That's what I'm hoping it is. After my treatments for breast cancer, I noticed a lump on my upper arm - the side that had breast cancer. My pcp was pretty sure it was a lipoma, but sent me for an ultrasound just in case. It was. Had I not had cancer, she probably would have simply said "oh, it's just a lipoma" and sent me on my way, but once you've had a cancer diagnosis, things are taken more seriously. Please get it checked out, but be prepared for further testing "just in case". And be sure to let us know.

Suzanne
  • imackie48
    imackie48 Member Posts: 96

Lipoma?
    That's what I'm hoping it is. After my treatments for breast cancer, I noticed a lump on my upper arm - the side that had breast cancer. My pcp was pretty sure it was a lipoma, but sent me for an ultrasound just in case. It was. Had I not had cancer, she probably would have simply said "oh, it's just a lipoma" and sent me on my way, but once you've had a cancer diagnosis, things are taken more seriously. Please get it checked out, but be prepared for further testing "just in case". And be sure to let us know.

Suzanne

Thanks for input
    Suzanne, did it just appear, I check myself frequently all over.
    Did you have to have it removed surgically.
    Do we know why they develop?
    I'm a nervous wreck right now.
    I had a Bartholmew cyst on my vulva during radiation, and hat thing was painful once it popped it was ok.
    Your right after cancer I too had breast cancer in 1997. DCIS
    So I'm always checking.
    Irene
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    imackie48 said:

Thanks for input
    Suzanne, did it just appear, I check myself frequently all over.
    Did you have to have it removed surgically.
    Do we know why they develop?
    I'm a nervous wreck right now.
    I had a Bartholmew cyst on my vulva during radiation, and hat thing was painful once it popped it was ok.
    Your right after cancer I too had breast cancer in 1997. DCIS
    So I'm always checking.
    Irene

Just noticed it one day in the shower
    I don't think it was there before, because I was having some trouble with that arm and I know I checked it - a lot. Lipomas are just fatty tumors and are seldom an issue. I talked to my oncologist about it and she said some people (I think she mean old people) just develop them. If they're bothersome, sometimes they have them removed. Mine is just there - about the size of a raisin. Sometimes I notice it's tender, but it hasn't changed. It's been about 18 months.

By all means, get your lump checked. Do you have an appointment? I'd be concerned about a lump on my inner thigh, but I don't think I've read (here) or anyone having a tumor there.

You're another example in my informal data set - women who have had both breast and endomtrial cancers. Were you on Tamoxifen for your breast cancer?

Suzanne
  • imackie48
    imackie48 Member Posts: 96

Just noticed it one day in the shower
    I don't think it was there before, because I was having some trouble with that arm and I know I checked it - a lot. Lipomas are just fatty tumors and are seldom an issue. I talked to my oncologist about it and she said some people (I think she mean old people) just develop them. If they're bothersome, sometimes they have them removed. Mine is just there - about the size of a raisin. Sometimes I notice it's tender, but it hasn't changed. It's been about 18 months.

By all means, get your lump checked. Do you have an appointment? I'd be concerned about a lump on my inner thigh, but I don't think I've read (here) or anyone having a tumor there.

You're another example in my informal data set - women who have had both breast and endomtrial cancers. Were you on Tamoxifen for your breast cancer?

Suzanne

Update
    Went to drs today, she said I had a sebaceous cyst and put me on antibiotics, since yesterday, it got red like a cyst would.
    Thanks for your input and support.
    Irene