Checking in...It has been a while!

Options
Jobi
Jobi Member Posts: 211
Hi, Ladies,

I know it has been a while since I have posted. Sorry...I hit a few bumps in the road. I even ended up in the ER with chest pain/breathing difficulties. Everything checked out, and all is fine now...especially thanks to some AMAZING friends who have become my family.

Now to the good news...I have one more chemo treatment left! Thursday is the last one; I am thrilled beyond belief. I do not have radiation; but I do have 5 years of Tamoxifin. I must say that I could not have done it without the support of the Pink Ladies. I know tough times are not fully over, but I want to pause while I feel good and say Thank you!

Dorene

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Dorene,
    Never feel sorry about not getting on often: it's a difficult site and life does get in the way of a lot of our plans.

I'm happy that your trip to the ER turned out so well, and only 1 more chemo - awesome!!!

Hugs, Sue
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Dorene,
    Never feel sorry about not getting on often: it's a difficult site and life does get in the way of a lot of our plans.

I'm happy that your trip to the ER turned out so well, and only 1 more chemo - awesome!!!

Hugs, Sue

Yay, Dorene!!! We've been
    Yay, Dorene!!! We've been about neck and neck on the same chemo road this whole year, and after your 1 more treatment, we're both done with chemo. So proud of us! Congratulations!
    Angie
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    AngieD said:

Yay, Dorene!!! We've been about neck and neck on the same chemo road this whole year, and after your 1 more treatment, we're both done with chemo. So proud of us! Congratulations!
    Angie

Thanks Angie! Congrats to
    Thanks Angie! Congrats to you as well. I have thought about you often, and I am so glad the end of the road is here!

Dorene
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Dorene,

Hugs, Sue

So sorry you had to go the
    So sorry you had to go the ER, but, it sounds like you are doing ok now. Early congrats on finishing chemo!

Hugs, Debby
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Those trips to the ER can be
    Those trips to the ER can be scary. I'm glad everything checked out and you're ok. I remember those days before the last chemo, I was excited to get it done and over as much as I dreaded the effects. Lots of emotions around that last one. Most of your hard work is done now. Best wishes.

Hugs,

Linda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Those trips to the ER can be
    Those trips to the ER can be scary. I'm glad everything checked out and you're ok. I remember those days before the last chemo, I was excited to get it done and over as much as I dreaded the effects. Lots of emotions around that last one. Most of your hard work is done now. Best wishes.

Hugs,

Linda

This is exciting that
    This is exciting that Thursday will be your last chemo! You've come a long way Dorene!

Hugs, Diane
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    DianeBC said:

This is exciting that
    This is exciting that Thursday will be your last chemo! You've come a long way Dorene!

Hugs, Diane

Ohhhh the milestone....last
    Ohhhh the milestone....last chemo....congrats!!!!!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    AngieD said:

Angie

Congrats
    Good that your trip to the ER came out ok for you Dorene. Congrats on no rads and on your last chemo!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    epark said:

Doreen, Doing my happy DANCE for you!!
    you are almost at that finish line, can you see it?

Continued strength, hope and prayers for you, dear Sister in PINK!

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    One More!!!
    Hi Dorene! Good to see you. And glad you’re feeling better. So sorry you ended up in ER. UGH! You just never know what could happen with this situation. So glad you only have one last chemo left. You must feel so excited. There’s light at the end of the tunnel, and you’re coming to the end of this path soon. Very exciting!

Keep us posted on how you’re doing when you can.

Hugs
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    epark said:

I have my party hat and
    I have my party hat and noise makers for tomorrow when you finish, yes finish, chemo!

Congrats!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    epark said:

I have my party hat and
    I have my party hat and noise makers for tomorrow when you finish, yes finish, chemo!

Congrats!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

One More!!!
    Hi Dorene! Good to see you. And glad you’re feeling better. So sorry you ended up in ER. UGH! You just never know what could happen with this situation. So glad you only have one last chemo left. You must feel so excited. There’s light at the end of the tunnel, and you’re coming to the end of this path soon. Very exciting!

Keep us posted on how you’re doing when you can.

Hugs

Not liking that you had to
    Not liking that you had to go to the ER, but, it sounds like you are doing well now.

The light at the end of the tunnel is just about here Dorene!

Congrats on your last chemo.
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    Options
    This is wonderful news!
    I can put myself in your shoes and know how glad you are. No more feeling sick. Hair again. Congratulations!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

This is wonderful news!
    I can put myself in your shoes and know how glad you are. No more feeling sick. Hair again. Congratulations!

Thanks for checking in
    Thanks for checking in Dorene! Congrats!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Thanks for checking in
    Thanks for checking in Dorene! Congrats!

Thanks for updating us and
    Thanks for updating us and sending lots of congrats for your last chemo.

Hugs, Kylez