PET scan results. Wish I had better news.

Options

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Weird calm
    I feel very calm today. It's almost as if I have been carrying a boulder on my shoulders for two years waiting for the cancer to return and now that it has, I no longer have that boulder. The song that has been going through my head today is, of course, "Live Like You Were Dying" but I don't plan on going skydiving. I did tell my husband I would like to go to a Fireworks display on the 4th. We haven't been to one in many many years because we avoid crowds.

My lung biopsy is scheduled for next Thursday morning. If the PINK BUS is available I think I would really appreciate the company. I love you all!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Calm
    I certainly will be on that bus for you Jamie.

I know how you feel, the calm. Your life will change and we humans are good at adapting ourselves to a new normal.

We are all dying as they say, even those who don't have any disease. The way I think of it now is what 9/11 thought me. All those people went to work expecting a normal Tuesday, people boarded planes expecting a normal flight and then....... They had no preparation, most never said, "goodbye" to their love ones. We, with a terminal disease have that opportunity of preparing everything. I did my bucket list, did all my last preparations and now, I don't have to think of any of it. Living is what I do and so will you.

Go to the Fireworks display, why not?

Best to you,

Doris
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Calm
    I certainly will be on that bus for you Jamie.

I know how you feel, the calm. Your life will change and we humans are good at adapting ourselves to a new normal.

We are all dying as they say, even those who don't have any disease. The way I think of it now is what 9/11 thought me. All those people went to work expecting a normal Tuesday, people boarded planes expecting a normal flight and then....... They had no preparation, most never said, "goodbye" to their love ones. We, with a terminal disease have that opportunity of preparing everything. I did my bucket list, did all my last preparations and now, I don't have to think of any of it. Living is what I do and so will you.

Go to the Fireworks display, why not?

Best to you,

Doris

Praying..

Praying..
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Jamie, I am so, so sorry to
    Jamie, I am so, so sorry to hear of this. Please know that I am sending prayers and hugs. Also, if your husband had cancer and the tables were reversed, I bet you wouldn't want to leave him. I know I have put my husband through a lot too and he is my rock, so I understand how you feel. But I also know that I would take care of him no matter what. (((Hugs)))

Big hugs and many, many
    Big hugs and many, many prayers!

Love, Leeza
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Weird calm
    I feel very calm today. It's almost as if I have been carrying a boulder on my shoulders for two years waiting for the cancer to return and now that it has, I no longer have that boulder. The song that has been going through my head today is, of course, "Live Like You Were Dying" but I don't plan on going skydiving. I did tell my husband I would like to go to a Fireworks display on the 4th. We haven't been to one in many many years because we avoid crowds.

My lung biopsy is scheduled for next Thursday morning. If the PINK BUS is available I think I would really appreciate the company. I love you all!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

No lung biopsy
    I'm going to cancel the lung biopsy. The hospital called yesterday evening to get all the info they needed about insurance, etc. She put me on hold for a long time while she calculated what they would need for a deposit. When she returned, she said my out-of-pocket would be $3,000.00 and they would need a deposit of $800.00. I immediately told her to cancel everything but she couldn't because that wasn't her department so I will call Monday to cancel. I'm not paying $3,000.00 for a biopsy! I think she was using their normal fees to calculate that and not the amount my insurance will allow them to charge. I will not die and leave my husband in debt. I only have a $10,000.00 life insurance policy. There goes my calm.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

No lung biopsy
    I'm going to cancel the lung biopsy. The hospital called yesterday evening to get all the info they needed about insurance, etc. She put me on hold for a long time while she calculated what they would need for a deposit. When she returned, she said my out-of-pocket would be $3,000.00 and they would need a deposit of $800.00. I immediately told her to cancel everything but she couldn't because that wasn't her department so I will call Monday to cancel. I'm not paying $3,000.00 for a biopsy! I think she was using their normal fees to calculate that and not the amount my insurance will allow them to charge. I will not die and leave my husband in debt. I only have a $10,000.00 life insurance policy. There goes my calm.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Hospital & Cancer Center Resources
    Hi Jamie,

I sent you a pm but hospitals and cancer center have resources. You need this biopsy and port and I know they will be able to help you with this.

Your not going to die unless you don't do anything. I find it so hard to believe that hospitals tell people this horrible stuff on a Friday when so little can be done. There was a similar post a while back about this very issue.

Hugs back to you Jamie,

Doris
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    SIROD said:

So Very Sorry On The Result!
    Dear Jamie,

I am sorry for your PET report. I do understand your hating ports. I disliked mine when I did chemo following my original diagnose almost 18 years ago now. I had it out the following month as I couldn't stand it. However, 2 for the price of one surgery should be a consideration. Since you were triple negative the first time, more than likely you will be again and the treatment will probably be chemotherapy. I know we who are hormonal positive can morphed to negative but, I don't believe it goes the other way unless it is a new cancer. Not being aware that the port is being put in might be a good incentive on having done at the same time as well as not going a 2nd time for a surgical procedure.

It's a lot to deal with when even though we know on some level, hope that it isn't really. and then the reality. Mine was widespread in both lungs, lining along with an effusion. I felt as well as a person who didn't have cancer, working full time, leading a very busy life. Lung tumors don't hurt, mine don't even now where I do have more than I want. It is usually bone that is painful. Feeling great make it hard to believe it is there.

I'm single so I always went alone for every tests, treatments, and appointments. Only when surgery is involved and I can't drive home do I have friends or my sons drive me. I am usually a strong advocate in regarding my health issues and besides cancer, I have many and it's always been solo. I understand how your feeling not wanting you family involved but they are. I don't tell my sons as much as I should, the rest of the family and friends, I do say it like it is. Since I function so well, most don't believe it anyway.

Sorry for the news but like the rest of us Stage IV, you will march right on doing what needs to be done.

My very best wishes to you,

Doris

Her2 positive
    Jamie,
    Please reconsider your decision about Biopsy. It was reported in the literature that in rare cases triple negative cancer was mutated to Her2 positive. That is why your doc wants you to do it. Think about it what if you will have more ammunition in this fight.
    I am having biopsy too.
    We are having less chance (from literature) to become Her2 positive, however my doctor convinced to to do it. Yes, bone tissue does not sound as fun.
    Hugs
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

No lung biopsy

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Jamie, please seek out some
    Jamie, please seek out some financial help so you can have this biopsy. Many cancer centers and hospitals have funds that they can give to someone that needs help. Also, call the American Cancer Society, the Susan B. Komen Foundation, anywhere and everywhere to get some financial help. Someone can help you, I know it.

Hugs and praying you can get some help,

Noel
  • jamiegww
    Options

Her2 positive
    Jamie,
    Please reconsider your decision about Biopsy. It was reported in the literature that in rare cases triple negative cancer was mutated to Her2 positive. That is why your doc wants you to do it. Think about it what if you will have more ammunition in this fight.
    I am having biopsy too.
    We are having less chance (from literature) to become Her2 positive, however my doctor convinced to to do it. Yes, bone tissue does not sound as fun.
    Hugs

Nice to know
    It looks like we are being told the same thing anyway. My doctor also mentioned that my cancer could now be Her2 positive. I'm going to see if we can skip the lung biopsy and go ahead with the lump on my chest. It's much easier to get to and the radiated area is about 2.5 inches below it so hopefully it will be a good sample. I wasn't looking forward to the possibility of a collapsed lung after the lung biopsy. I'll be on the bus for your biopsy Tuesday. Please let us know as soon as you know something.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    On the list
    You are on the prayer list.
  • jamiegww
    Options
    SIROD said:

Hospital & Cancer Center Resources
    Hi Jamie,

I sent you a pm but hospitals and cancer center have resources. You need this biopsy and port and I know they will be able to help you with this.

Your not going to die unless you don't do anything. I find it so hard to believe that hospitals tell people this horrible stuff on a Friday when so little can be done. There was a similar post a while back about this very issue.

Hugs back to you Jamie,

Doris

Thanks for the pm Doris.
    I don't like to beg for help so I'm trying to come up with a plan. I also don't like to owe money so I try to avoid debt. I don't want to compromise my principles just because I have a disease. I agree with you about Friday being the wrong day to get bad news but I am extremely grateful they didn't wait and hit me with that information the morning of the procedure.

Take care of yourself!
    Jamie
  • kellyk123
    kellyk123 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Good thoughts and prayers
    Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I am very sorry that you are dealing with this. Your post made me tear up. Stay positive. I like your attitude!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Kelly
  • kellyk123
    kellyk123 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Nice to know
    It looks like we are being told the same thing anyway. My doctor also mentioned that my cancer could now be Her2 positive. I'm going to see if we can skip the lung biopsy and go ahead with the lump on my chest. It's much easier to get to and the radiated area is about 2.5 inches below it so hopefully it will be a good sample. I wasn't looking forward to the possibility of a collapsed lung after the lung biopsy. I'll be on the bus for your biopsy Tuesday. Please let us know as soon as you know something.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Her2 + is very treatable
    Her2 + is very treatable with Herceptin. That is what my cancer was. You probably knew that but just throwing it out there.

Hugs and prayers !!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    kellyk123 said:

Good thoughts and prayers
    Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I am very sorry that you are dealing with this. Your post made me tear up. Stay positive. I like your attitude!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Kelly

Please Jamie...
    Please don't cancel your biopsy tomorrow...First thing in the morning call the doctor who has ordered it..even if you have to talk to his nurse or who ever and explain what you were told on FRIDAY! Then show up for the biopsy...the accounting department doesn't have the authority to "cancel" the biopsy...!!!!! And as said, there is financial aid ... There isn't a cancer center that doesn't have it....as my late Mother always said " they can't draw blood from a turnip"....she was a character...many of her sayings stay with me today, after all these years....

Again, PLEASE don't cancel your biopsy...it's needed to chart the course of your treatment.....A thought just came to me....call the doctor's answering service now and leave a message telling him what happened on Friday....you're his patient, not the accounting department !!!!!!!

Please keep us posted...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • jamiegww
    Options
    MAJW said:

Please Jamie...
    Please don't cancel your biopsy tomorrow...First thing in the morning call the doctor who has ordered it..even if you have to talk to his nurse or who ever and explain what you were told on FRIDAY! Then show up for the biopsy...the accounting department doesn't have the authority to "cancel" the biopsy...!!!!! And as said, there is financial aid ... There isn't a cancer center that doesn't have it....as my late Mother always said " they can't draw blood from a turnip"....she was a character...many of her sayings stay with me today, after all these years....

Again, PLEASE don't cancel your biopsy...it's needed to chart the course of your treatment.....A thought just came to me....call the doctor's answering service now and leave a message telling him what happened on Friday....you're his patient, not the accounting department !!!!!!!

Please keep us posted...
    Hugs, Nancy

Going ahead with lung biopsy.
    If I'm going to get chemo again I want to make sure it's the right stuff to fight whatever type of cancer I have so I think it's important to get this biopsy. I talked to the hospital this morning and they agreed I could put down a $300 deposit and they also confirmed that their original calculations are before insurance is applied so maybe it won't be so much after all??? We sure have to pay a lot to stay alive. I'll see you all on the bus tomorrow for New Flower and then again Thursday for me. Guess what song is going through my head this morning............."Staying Alive"!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Going ahead with lung biopsy.
    If I'm going to get chemo again I want to make sure it's the right stuff to fight whatever type of cancer I have so I think it's important to get this biopsy. I talked to the hospital this morning and they agreed I could put down a $300 deposit and they also confirmed that their original calculations are before insurance is applied so maybe it won't be so much after all??? We sure have to pay a lot to stay alive. I'll see you all on the bus tomorrow for New Flower and then again Thursday for me. Guess what song is going through my head this morning............."Staying Alive"!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Yes Jamie! I am glad you're
    Yes Jamie! I am glad you're going to have the biopsy! Good luck on Thursday! We will all be with you in spirit!

Hugs, Noel
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Yes Jamie! I am glad you're
    Yes Jamie! I am glad you're going to have the biopsy! Good luck on Thursday! We will all be with you in spirit!

Hugs, Noel

We'll be right there
    We'll be right there with you through this ordeal.I know it's hard to tell family.I didn't tell my husband till after my biopsy.It was a time before I got the biopsy(delay on a order) so when the results came in I went to the doctor alone.Of course I shed alot of tears and pretty much knew when I was asked to come in the very next day.After my doctor visit my husband came home from work.I said"I have breast cancer".He said "That's not good".Not exactly the reaction I wanted.A year later after things settled I told him I want to see a change in him.He changed drastically.To the point we act like newlyweds. We always say "I Love You".

Lynn Smith
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

We'll be right there
    We'll be right there with you through this ordeal.I know it's hard to tell family.I didn't tell my husband till after my biopsy.It was a time before I got the biopsy(delay on a order) so when the results came in I went to the doctor alone.Of course I shed alot of tears and pretty much knew when I was asked to come in the very next day.After my doctor visit my husband came home from work.I said"I have breast cancer".He said "That's not good".Not exactly the reaction I wanted.A year later after things settled I told him I want to see a change in him.He changed drastically.To the point we act like newlyweds. We always say "I Love You".

Lynn Smith

Good luck tomorrow Jamie! I
    Good luck tomorrow Jamie! I will be thinking of you and praying!

Hugs, Mean
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Good luck tomorrow Jamie! I
    Good luck tomorrow Jamie! I will be thinking of you and praying!

Hugs, Mean

Just adding my good luck for
    Just adding my good luck for you!

Hugs, Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Mary
    I hope you get some encouraging news tomorrow. I thought you were going to Sloan Kettering tomorrow? Please keep us posted also. Thanks for caring.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Praying and sending lots of
    Praying and sending lots of good luck for you Jamie!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Just adding my good luck for
    Just adding my good luck for you!

Hugs, Jan

Prayers sent!

Prayers sent!