Incontinence

Options
peanutcat
peanutcat Member Posts: 104
Has anyone have a problem of leaking? I was done with radiation in Nov.. Now I take tomoxofen.

Comments

• peanutcat
    Options
    inc
    No one has this problem? It must be something else that is causing this
  • rallendorfer
    rallendorfer Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Yes
    I am currently on chemo and hate it that this is a problem too! The Oncologist said that one of the chemicals is a bladder irritant. She suggested those exercises that help to strengthen your muscles when you urinate. On top of everything now....grrr. Sorry you are having this issue too.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    When you say "incontinence"-
    When you say "incontinence"- are you talking about 'dribbles' (with llaughing/getting up) or all lose of control? Very different. Urinary or bowel incontinence?

Most women, as we age, develope some urinary 'dribble' problems - like when we laugh or on getting up. I've been told this is more common with having several children or with multiple C-sections. I had issues when I get up at night (or first thing in morning) with dribbles. This did develope after TX but I'm older and had 2 C-sections. 2.5mg of oxybutynin chloride at night handles it for me. (I've been on Femara/letrozole for 2 1/2 yrs.)

Bowel incontinece - talk to DR ASAP!

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Rague said:

When you say "incontinence"-
    When you say "incontinence"- are you talking about 'dribbles' (with llaughing/getting up) or all lose of control? Very different. Urinary or bowel incontinence?

Most women, as we age, develope some urinary 'dribble' problems - like when we laugh or on getting up. I've been told this is more common with having several children or with multiple C-sections. I had issues when I get up at night (or first thing in morning) with dribbles. This did develope after TX but I'm older and had 2 C-sections. 2.5mg of oxybutynin chloride at night handles it for me. (I've been on Femara/letrozole for 2 1/2 yrs.)

Bowel incontinece - talk to DR ASAP!

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

incontinence
    Incontinence not a problem here,but I take an exercise class 3 x a week & we do kegel (sp?)
    exercises every time. My dad & my MIL had the problem -- used pads of various kinds.
    Hope you can get this resolved soon--I am sure it is not fun at all!
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Tux said:

incontinence
    Incontinence not a problem here,but I take an exercise class 3 x a week & we do kegel (sp?)
    exercises every time. My dad & my MIL had the problem -- used pads of various kinds.
    Hope you can get this resolved soon--I am sure it is not fun at all!

Yes!
    I read that it can be caused by low estrogen levels. I'm on Arimidex.

Roseann
  • peanutcat
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Yes!
    I read that it can be caused by low estrogen levels. I'm on Arimidex.

Roseann

inc
    It is sometimes a dribble, sometimes it comes out just pours out. The doctor gave me a med to make my muscles in my bladder stronger but it did not work. I have to go back to him.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    peanutcat said:

inc
    It is sometimes a dribble, sometimes it comes out just pours out. The doctor gave me a med to make my muscles in my bladder stronger but it did not work. I have to go back to him.

it could be the menopause,
    it could be the menopause, relaxing the pelvic floor. I am more leaky now, I was also on neurontin briefly and it did that to me too.