Please remember - we are each UNIQUE!

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited June 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
I have recently noticed that there are many new here. It seems that often there are a lot of statements "This will happen" because that's what I did/what I experienced.

We are each so unique - we can only give our experiences - not that whatever we have experienced will happen/not happen to anyone else.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

(Edited for typing errors)

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up
    I agree with your statement. I did however, appreciate knowing what to watch out for. Not all the chemo side effects occured for me. I belive some of this was the result of a reduction in worry. The totally unknown is difficult for me. There is some comfort in knowing you are slightly psychologically prepared for an unpleasant occurance. For me it is like have a candle while walking at night versus walking in total darkness.

I am glad we are all different as some of the stories here are rather difficult. However, it is good to know that there is success in coping with even the most difficult of circumstances.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    very good point....
    Denise

very good point....

Denise
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    I agree! It is VERY helpful
    I agree! It is VERY helpful in just knowing that someone has been where you're about to go or where you are right now, especially the very scary unkown when we're first diagnosed. However, we should be careful to distiguish between across the board facts and personal experience. Truly each of our experiences with cancer is different. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    madsters1 said:

I agree! It is VERY helpful
    I agree! It is VERY helpful in just knowing that someone has been where you're about to go or where you are right now, especially the very scary unkown when we're first diagnosed. However, we should be careful to distiguish between across the board facts and personal experience. Truly each of our experiences with cancer is different. Thanks for pointing that out.

Susan...
    I think as you said it can be scary for the newbies.....I've tried and perhaps been unsuccessful In some posts to stress this is my PERSONAL experience....and that everyone IS indeed in their DNA as well as their breast cancer...no one is going to experience the exact same thing...perhaps similar...I've had some excellent advice in the plus 3 years I have been on this board...and I appreciate it...

Hugs, Nancy
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    :)
    Thanks for posting this Susan! I was one who thought I was going to get ALL side effects from chemo. I even thought I had to buy pampers!!!!! Ignorance on my part.

We are all different so we react to treatments differently. Very true.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Susan...
    I think as you said it can be scary for the newbies.....I've tried and perhaps been unsuccessful In some posts to stress this is my PERSONAL experience....and that everyone IS indeed in their DNA as well as their breast cancer...no one is going to experience the exact same thing...perhaps similar...I've had some excellent advice in the plus 3 years I have been on this board...and I appreciate it...

Hugs, Nancy

3 yrs soon
    Aug will be 3 yrs for me - and yes I too have learned so much here during this time. So glad it's here. I try to always make it clear that my experiences have been mine and not what someone else will have (as no one will exactly). But any combination of what I've been through and others have are posssible. Perhaps it doesn't always come off that way as the written word is so open to the interpurtation (sp?) of the reader when read on a 'sterile' page without 'anything' oral or visual 'seen/heard'.

Winyan -The Power Within

Susan