Side effects

Options
Thank God I do not have lymphadema, but i do have numb toes and pain in my feet, I experienced chemo brain for the first year and a half. Grateful to be alive

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    LE is not 'end of life'
    I've deal with LE for 2 1/2 yrs. Yes I have to deal with it - day garments, night sleeve and MLD machine (Flexi- Touch). It does not stop me fromb doing anything I want/need to do. 2 weeks ago I did a 10K up to the arm of Crary Horse at the Memorial. Yesterday I mowed 2 1/2 acres of weeds with 20" cut push mover.

I thank my Heavenly Father daily that I am still 'here' with my family. Life has much to teach us. There is not a one of us that want to deal with LE - but to come with your first post and say "Thenk God I do not have have lymphema." It comes across as you think because you haven't dealt with it YET you are ''better'. LE can develope at any time - years down th road.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

LE is not 'end of life'
    I've deal with LE for 2 1/2 yrs. Yes I have to deal with it - day garments, night sleeve and MLD machine (Flexi- Touch). It does not stop me fromb doing anything I want/need to do. 2 weeks ago I did a 10K up to the arm of Crary Horse at the Memorial. Yesterday I mowed 2 1/2 acres of weeds with 20" cut push mover.

I thank my Heavenly Father daily that I am still 'here' with my family. Life has much to teach us. There is not a one of us that want to deal with LE - but to come with your first post and say "Thenk God I do not have have lymphema." It comes across as you think because you haven't dealt with it YET you are ''better'. LE can develope at any time - years down th road.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

Have ...
    Or has your oncologist addressed the pain in your hands and feet? Could possibly be neuropathy...nerve pain...if so there is good medication available for that...I have it in my breast due to overlapping of radiation..long story...anyway it became so painful...it felt like gasoline had been poured on me and set on fire...I was actually crying with it...and I'm not one to cry with pain...I was prescribed Gabopentin...it's for neuropathy...it changed my life...no more pain...It worked for me, so you may want to ask your oncologist if it would help you...

Wishing you pain free days and sunnier days...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Have ...
    Or has your oncologist addressed the pain in your hands and feet? Could possibly be neuropathy...nerve pain...if so there is good medication available for that...I have it in my breast due to overlapping of radiation..long story...anyway it became so painful...it felt like gasoline had been poured on me and set on fire...I was actually crying with it...and I'm not one to cry with pain...I was prescribed Gabopentin...it's for neuropathy...it changed my life...no more pain...It worked for me, so you may want to ask your oncologist if it would help you...

Hugs, Nancy

Welcome to the board
    Sorry you had to join us, but we're glad to have you. Pretty much any question you might dream up someone will have experience to share.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MAJW said:

Have ...

Hugs, Nancy

Hi and welcome! I am with
    Hi and welcome! I am with Nancy as this might be neuropathy. Has your onco said anything about that to you? I hope it isn't, but, if it is, like Nancy said, they can help you.

Hugs, Lex